New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    This is a very interesting news incident related to this subject.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_...or-$130-ticket

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2010/sep/...t-belt-ticket/

A man thanked a police officer who gave him a ticket for not wearing his seatbelt. Read the story for more info.

Stephen Carroll from Florida hasn't worn a seat belt since the '60s because he doesn't like being told what to do. No one likes putting their socks, but letting one's inner rebel shine by not wearing a seat belt is just plain silly.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Carroll was pulled over by Police Sgt. Kasey Donnell in Port St. Lucie earlier this summer and given a $130 violation. The ticket had an emotional and financial impact on Carroll because just a few days after, he was hit by a car who had ran a stop sign and knocked over his van.

The reason is alive today is was because he was wearing his seat belt for the first time in 40 years. Carroll called Sgt. Donnell shortly after to thank him for saving his life. Now, Carroll is a self-proclaimed seat belt advocate. A $130 for one's life? We think that's money well spent.

It's not always your own driving you have to becareful of, its other people. You can click on the link to see the video, it shows the interview of the driver and police officer.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    For me just wear the belt. Accidents happen and you'll never know when. your magic ID can't save you when you have a fractured skull right? just my 2 cents.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    I've gotten so used to wearing seat belts that I feel strange if I drive without being buckled up.
    Yup,- buckle up before you start your engine....

10.9K:lotsocoffee:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    It's my habit to use seatbelts, kahit pa sa subdivision lang namin, kahit pa ililipat ko lang sa tapat ng bahay namin yung sasakyan, basta sasakay ako sa sasakyan lage ako naka seatbelt. I just don't feel comfortable when not wearing one.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGF View Post
    ^ baka ikaw naglulukot
    bwahahahha, di pwede mahiyain ako sa maraming tao.:D

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Buckle Up! It's for you and your passengers safety.

Dati nung di pa ako marunong mag drive, ayaw na ayaw kong naka seatbelt kasi ang hirap matulog.
    Pero nung tinuruan ako ng cousin ko mag drive,(before mag driving school) siguro wala pang 500 meters tinakbo namin, tinabi ko yung auto tapos nag seatbelt ako... nakakatakot... kulit ko daw kasi... hehe! ever since then, kahit pasahero lang ako i buckle up.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Paminsan minsan lang ako nagsiseatbelt kapag long trips, ang pinagsusuot ko lang lagi is yung passenger ko sa harap. Nakakatakot pala, magsiseatbelt na rin ako lagi ngayon.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Oddly... Ako naman, pag hindi ako naka seatbelt parang nasasakal ang pakiramdam ko. It's uneasy. Siguro ganun talaga pag sanay ka naka belts. Anyway, for the TS, it's not that hard to strap it, might as well use it. Libre naman yan! Bayad mo na yan, sulitin mo na lang... hehehe

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    bwahahahha, di pwede mahiyain ako sa maraming tao.:D
    hindi ba super-dark ang tint ng ride mo? :bwahaha:

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Reepicheep View Post
    Even when driving slowly, a sudden break can make your face smash on the steering wheel.
    na-experience ko yan! not in a car... but in a JEEP! nabungo yung jeep sa fx. natama ako sa pole sa gitna ng driver at passenger ng jeep.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Just wondering.. tsk tsk..