New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    sorry if this thread doesn't belong here but here goes..

Lately there have been a rash of terrible traffic accidents and it's almost always because a moron behind the wheel overtook on a curve or at the top of a hill. It's of course suicidal to do this but for some damn reason so many drivers here lack the basic common sense not to do this. it doesn't take a college education to know that overtaking at a corner will put you in the path of unseen opposing traffic. Even a child will understand the stupidity of this mistake. So hindi naman 'to rocket science eh. You have to be a total imbecile to not realize this.

Notice that most of the "accident prone" roads here are near corners or approaching hills. Ang daming na kasing mga tanga na namamatay sa mga area na 'to. So what is it that makes a lot of drivers here dumber than my pet dog, committing the same stupid error until eventually they get killed or kill someone? Is it the food? Something in the water? What could be the reason why so many can't seem to realize something as simple as this?

This is one of the reasons why I'm always tense when I drive out of town. Every time I approach a hill or corner, I'll always ready for a bus or some other vehicle with a retard behind the wheel right in the middle of my lane.

Ok lang sana kung mamatay ako dahil sa katangahan ko, like driving off a cliff. Pero nakakainis isipin na baka mamatay ako at pamilya ko dahil sa katangahan ng iba.

P_ta Ina!!! ang bobo naman nila!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud_wiser
    sorry if this thread doesn't belong here but here goes..

Lately there have been a rash of terrible traffic accidents and it's almost always because a moron behind the wheel overtook on a curve or at the top of a hill. It's of course suicidal to do this but for some damn reason so many drivers here lack the basic common sense not to do this. it doesn't take a college education to know that overtaking at a corner will put you in the path of unseen opposing traffic. Even a child will understand the stupidity of this mistake. So hindi naman 'to rocket science eh. You have to be a total imbecile to not realize this.

Notice that most of the "accident prone" roads here are near corners or approaching hills. Ang daming na kasing mga tanga na namamatay sa mga area na 'to. So what is it that makes a lot of drivers here dumber than my pet dog, committing the same stupid error until eventually they get killed or kill someone? Is it the food? Something in the water? What could be the reason why so many can't seem to realize something as simple as this?

This is one of the reasons why I'm always tense when I drive out of town. Every time I approach a hill or corner, I'll always ready for a bus or some other vehicle with a retard behind the wheel right in the middle of my lane.

Ok lang sana kung mamatay ako dahil sa katangahan ko, like driving off a cliff. Pero nakakainis isipin na baka mamatay ako at pamilya ko dahil sa katangahan ng iba.

P_ta Ina!!! ang bobo naman nila!
    I would partly blame this to the LTO. This is obviously lack of driver-education on basic rules and if the LTO isn't as corrupt and if they only go by the books with the issuance of DL's, it would be harder for anyone to get licensed and people would be forced to read, understand and pass the written exam not to mention a tougher road test.

Our local police should also enforce basic traffic laws.

Hindi yung kanya kanyang style ng pag da drive.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    committing the same stupid error until eventually they get killed or kill someone? Is it the food? Something in the water? What could be the reason why so many can't seem to realize something as simple as this?
    could it be that a majority of filipinos like to gamble ... hehehe

kidding aside, these drivers can be compared to those drivers who find the "slippery when wet" sign erotic. they're just plain ignorant and stupid and didn't get any Physics Subject in school.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    airshaq hit it.

to quote my mom, "nakaamoy lang ng gas/nakahawak lang ng manibela, driver na".

they don't know what those roadsigns mean. they don't know what those road markings mean. they don't know that the left lane is for passing, not to take a slow crawl. they don't know...basta andami. what they only know is to operate the pedals and the wheel, but they don't even know when to use the brakes, when to use the side mirrors, etc. kahit nga written test eh nakabilog na sagot sa LTO. and the practical, point A to B lang na atras-abante.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    bulag nga nagkakaroon nang licensya tanga pa may mata at paa yun.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Masyado kasing madaling makakuha ng driver's license dito sa atin, konting lagay lang driver ka na. Ang karamihan ng driving instructors naman, pagkambyo, pagapak ng gas at kabig lang ng manibela ang tinuturo sa mga students nila, nawala na yung mga driving etiquettes, road courtesy at iba pang mga vital instructions na dapat tinuturo sa mga student drivers, kaya ang daming bobong drivers ngayon.

Try going to the LTO office in Tayuman, I think you'll find your answer there...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    masyado nang malalim ang ugat ng problemang ito...very sad, doble ingat na lng tyo lagi.

Nung isang gabi, napanood ko sa news, may sumalpok na taxi sa ilalim ng truck, inamin ng driver na nakatulog sya(madaling araw kse) kya sya bumangga, lintek, pano kung nde truck ung nabangga nya? Happened to my friend, binangga sya ng taxi sa likod along EDSA dahil nakatulog ung driver ng taxi, basag windshield ng taxi, almost half wreck ang sasakyan ng friend ko. Ayaw umamin ng taxi driver na nakatulog sya or inantok sya kaya sya nabangga, when obvious na obvious na hindi sya naka preno dahil walang skidmarks sa daan, e sa lakas ng impact nun, kung gising ka, dapat todo apak ka sa preno tsk tsk tsk....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We may not be able to influence the minds of other drivers, but let's work where our influence can be felt --let us be models of proper driving behavior to our kids so that when they are old enough to drive, they will drive like their parents.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kasalanan ng cable tv companies yan! dati kasi di naman na-view ng mga ogags yung F1 races, but since kalat na cable TV then napapanuod nila si schumy nago-overtake sa corner!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
is it just me or ang daming tanga na driver?