New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I'm starting this thread to get some sort of Tsikot-wide pulse on everyone's experiences with -- and observations of -- motorcycle delivery personnel whom we encounter in our usual routes. Those that we deem bad, we jeer; those we deem good road citizens, we cheer.

Let's cover food, courier, and other motorcycle deliveries here.

Locations frequented: Makati, Pasig/Ortigas, Mandaluyong, QC
    Jeers: Friends and Neighbors Restaurant, Greenwich, Pizza Hut, Shakeys, KFC
    Cheers: McDonald's, Jollibee

F&NR and riders Greenwich riders like to squeeze their motorcycles no matter how small the space is between vehicles, or vehicle to curb (numerous encounters with F&NR on this after the Makati Manda Bridge). Pizza Hut, Shakeys, and KFC riders I encounter are speed demons and many love to cut off other vehicles. Shakey's riders also seem to like to cut a vehicle on the side it's turning... in my case from Oranbo turning right to Shaw, they like cutting on my right side during the turn even with my signals on. Duh!

Once, I also witnessed a Pizza Hut motorcycle run over a child when the rider filtered rather quickly past vehicles in traffic by squeezing near the curb along South Avenue (near the South Cemetery in Makati). Child was playing on the sidewalk and must have been caught either by the handle or pedal. Child fell forward and the motorcycle literally ran over the kid. Rider couldn't get away when the tambays blocked his path. Never knew what happened to that rider.

Never encountered a bad McDo or Jollibee rider yet. In fact, I notice them to be quite careful out there. Maybe they have better rider training/orientation programs?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    Never encountered a bad McDo or Jollibee rider yet. In fact, I notice them to be quite careful out there. Maybe they have better rider training/orientation programs?
    No they don't, or if they do, then its not working. Jollibee riders here in Malate area are just as bad as the others you mentioned. Mcdo riders are not as bad, but still exist. Pizza Hut riders too are frequent offenders.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    well may limited time delivery kasi sila kaya siguro lagi nagmamadali.. kung ma late yung rider ma charge sa kanya yun item.. lalo na sa pizza hut may 30 minute guarantee sila or its free

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    this riders are mostly from agency and majority of fastfood acquires services of this agency so palipat lipat lang sila, example from kfc nag ka problema delivery rider transfer lang ng agency sa shakeys or sa other fastfood, kaya halos parepareho lang mostly yung mga riders nila

Jeers and Cheers: Motorcycle Delivery Personnel