New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm.... I stand corrected.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    however, a law implies that, regardless of whose fault it is, the liability fall on the driver of the larger vehicle. in which case, the driver of the jeepney. can be categorized as " reckless imprudence resulting to homicide".
    I wonder who is the supermoron lawmaker who thought of this law. Sobrang stupid nya.

What if one sunny day, you are driving carefully, minding your own business on your lane, alert of fellow motorists on the road, then, out of the blue, no chance for you to stay out of harm's way, binangga ka ng motorcycle (90% chances of dying in a crash) tapos SUV ka, obviously mas malaki ka, tapos yung tanga na bumangga sa'yo namatay, how the hell is that your fault??? Masisira ang buhay mo dahil lang sa isang tanga?

Another example is yung driver ng trailer truck, what if may sedan na nag-rearend crash sa'yo at namatay yung passengers, how is that your fault???

Pati na rin yung makasagasa ng tao sa mga lugar na DAPAT wala namang tao such as under the overpass or where people are prohibited to cross. Siempre, malakas loob nila kasi kinukunsinte sila ng batas eh.

These laws should be changed. Sobrang daming maling law dito sa atin na inimbento lang noon ng mga kung sino sino na mahina naman ang ulo. Let's push for changes in the constitution (pag di na si GMA nakaupo, someone trustworthy and honest na. Meron kayang politician na ganun? hehehe).
    Last edited by Horsepower; December 24th, 2006 at 05:48 AM. Reason: secret

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I wonder who is the supermoron lawmaker who thought of this law. Sobrang stupid nya.
    just a hunch, but wasn't it the late great president magsaysay (mambo mambo magsaysay) who claimed: "those who have less in cars, should have more in roads."

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ito narinig ko talaga galing sa kumag na pedestrian: 'Tumawid ka lang, babayaran ka naman kapag nasagasaan ka.'

Stoopid!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

What if one sunny day, you are driving carefully, minding your own business on your lane, alert of fellow motorists on the road, then, out of the blue, no chance for you to stay out of harm's way, binangga ka ng motorcycle (90% chances of dying in a crash) tapos SUV ka, obviously mas malaki ka, tapos yung tanga na bumangga sa'yo namatay, how the hell is that your fault??? Masisira ang buhay mo dahil lang sa isang tanga?

Another example is yung driver ng trailer truck, what if may sedan na nag-rearend crash sa'yo at namatay yung passengers, how is that your fault???

Pati na rin yung makasagasa ng tao sa mga lugar na DAPAT wala namang tao such as under the overpass or where people are prohibited to cross. Siempre, malakas loob nila kasi kinukunsinte sila ng batas eh.

These laws should be changed. Sobrang daming maling law dito sa atin na inimbento lang noon ng mga kung sino sino na mahina naman ang ulo. Let's push for changes in the constitution (pag di na si GMA nakaupo, someone trustworthy and honest na. Meron kayang politician na ganun? hehehe).
    i agree. i wasn't aware of this law, and actually drove there for a few years when i lived in the Philippines.

now that i know about this idiotic and moronic law (no regard for the circumstances ba talaga? is it that black and white?), i'll do my best not to drive in the Philippines again unless this somehow gets repealed. pagbisita ko dyan kayo na lang magdrive sa akin in your blingin' rides

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    i agree. i wasn't aware of this law, and actually drove there for a few years when i lived in the Philippines.

now that i know about this idiotic and moronic law (no regard for the circumstances ba talaga? is it that black and white?), i'll do my best not to drive in the Philippines again unless this somehow gets repealed. pagbisita ko dyan kayo na lang magdrive sa akin in your blingin' rides
    Now you know why it's better to just hit-and-run.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005

I agree.

The law maybe harsh or unfair, but it's the law.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
A jeepney driver took a 16 year old girl's life