New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    If it is needed... then we can propose a semi-government team - privately sponsored to discipline these road undesirables.

Ito ba ang solution?.... or is it better to apply some preventive approaches instead of dwelling on cures.

One preventive approach is advocacy of discipline ... and it begins in the school system... media... and leaders of our country...
    I agree with one of the posters' sentiments, the problem is bone-deep. Make a privately-sponsored unit to go after these road undesirables and after a few days you'd have another PUV drivers' strike, kinakawawa daw sila dahil mahihirap lang sila. Media would spread this message, kakampihan pa nina Karen Davila na hindi na makatao ang ginagawa, tapos makikisakay ang mga pulitiko.

I've given up on this country. The best I can do is to try and survive. Ang inaasahan mo na mag-enforce ng law ang mga bad guys, ninanakawan at pinapatay nila ang dapat na pinaglilingkuran nila.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I've said it before, I'll say it again.

A lot of people in this country do not deserve the freedom they currently enjoy. Too much little common sense and sense of respect for others.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Will a carrot AND stick approach work for the problem?

Something like increased incentives BUT very strict implementation of road rules?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    teka, eh ano ang tawag sa mga BUS?

"Monsters of the Road"? hehe.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    "Murderers/Serial Killers on the Road".

Because, well, let's face it: every time there's a bus involved in an accident, more often than not, there's always a fatality.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    I agree with one of the posters' sentiments, the problem is bone-deep. Make a privately-sponsored unit to go after these road undesirables and after a few days you'd have another PUV drivers' strike, kinakawawa daw sila dahil mahihirap lang sila. Media would spread this message, kakampihan pa nina Karen Davila na hindi na makatao ang ginagawa, tapos makikisakay ang mga pulitiko.

I've given up on this country. The best I can do is to try and survive. Ang inaasahan mo na mag-enforce ng law ang mga bad guys, ninanakawan at pinapatay nila ang dapat na pinaglilingkuran nila.

so have I. It used to piss me off every time poor people try to squirm out of the mess they make by using the 'I'm poor' excuse - now, it just depresses me. I agree with what you said that after they use the 'I'm poor' excuse, politicians everywhere would want in on it to look good to the masa, a huge chunk of voters.

I really don't see this country improving, especially with the kind of attitude people in poverty have. It really is bone deep and for it to change, they must have to change their ways, instill different/better values on their children and so on - which I don't think will happen in my life time.

Most politicians are to pre-occupied with their pork barrels rather than do something about the very obvious problem in this country. I don't think mr. mayor or mr. congressman would spend a part of the pork barrel to build schools and pay teachers but rather buy that dream watch/car/house they've been wanting and enjoy their new found ill gotten wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by jave View Post
    I've said it before, I'll say it again.

A lot of people in this country do not deserve the freedom they currently enjoy. Too much little common sense and sense of respect for others.

agreed. Too many morons and narrow minded people in this country.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    This may be the new "King" of Metro Manila Roads:

Abante, Jan 25, 2010, Front Page photo.

If authorities continue to keep a blind-eye on this contraptions, they may sprout overnight, faster than the squatters could build their shanties.

haay... the tyranny of the poor. And they will always give the reason over and over if your would apprehend them. "Mahirap lang po kami".

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    so far, dalawa pa lang napansin kong toda na disiplinado. correct me if im wrong... the toda in better living p'que and in new manila q.c....

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I just want to share this. I don't know if this is the right thread kayo na lang mag decide. This guy is one crazy driver not to mention na delikado yung pagka-arrange nung gasul tanks. damn! if you notice yung isang tank na nasa likod nya na pinatong lang pag umabante siya parang mahuhulog. Wag nyo na lang tingnan yung naka slant (na tumatama sa shocks) & yung overloading sa sidecar na sobrang baba yung support.

I've called the numbers & complained already. Sana mapagsabihan.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    pagpasenyahan na lang natin. dapat nga hangaan ang mga gung-gong na mga ito, saan ka nakakita, nakakapagmaneho ng walang utak...

ahahaha... inutil in short, hahaha!!! sa mga trike drivers na katulad nila, hahaha

JEEP "King of the Road" TRICYCLE "Criminal of the Road"