New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    There was this someone who shot a jeepney driver in the kneecaps kasi ani ng driver: "Takot ka naman gamitin yan..."

Untraceable gun, of course.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Flagg friends din tayo ha

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Who's going to implement the rules?... with the scarcity of good police officers... and the abundance of buwayas...???

deputizing civilians will also make it worse... (civilians also need real psycho neuro evaluation to carry guns.)

How do we discipline a sick community who are all starving for a hand to mouth existence and thrive in an environment of chaos.

The problem is bone deep... it's a cultural and moral problem. and nobody is exempted from it.

what we need are Battle tanks designed for road use... use the bumpers as they are intended for... to bump. Have some bullet proof glass so these tricycle and jeepney driver cannot hurt you if you bump them.... just see to it that they have no pasengers aboard.

road vigilantes is one solution... do we need them? parang ala- Mad Max.

If it is needed... then we can propose a semi-government team - privately sponsored to discipline these road undesirables.

Ito ba ang solution?.... or is it better to apply some preventive approaches instead of dwelling on cures.

One preventive approach is advocacy of discipline ... and it begins in the school system... media... and leaders of our country...
    Last edited by ehnriko; November 19th, 2007 at 11:50 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ehnriko View Post
    ... what we need are Battle tanks designed for road use... use the bumpers as they are intended for... to bump. Have some bullet proof glass so these tricycle and jeepney driver cannot hurt you if you bump them.... just see to it that they have no pasengers aboard.

road vigilantes is one solution... do we need them? parang ala- Mad Max.
    Yeah! I love this!

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    up!!! up!!! & awayyyyyyyy!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Hindi ko lang sigurado kung ako lang ang nakakapansin ng panibagong pauso na naman ng mga "napakagaling" na mga jeepney driver. Marami-rami na din kasi akong nakikita na pinapalitan ng mas maliliit na gulong ang unahan ng mga jeepney nila kumpara sa sukat ng gulong sa likod. Wala sanang kaso kung slight difference lang ang sukat. Ang kaso, madalas subsob na ang unahan ng sasakyan nila. E hindi naman biro ang bigat ng mga makina na gamit nila. We're not talking about engine displacements of 1000 cc or 1300 cc's. Big block 4 cylinders na yan na ginagamit sa mga Elf at Canter trucks. Public transport ang minamaneho nila kaya wala silang karapatan na paglaruan at pag-eksperimentuhan ang kapakanan ng mga pasahero. Paraan kaya ng pagtitipid para sa kanila ito pareho nung hindi pag-on ng mga headlight sa gabi? Stupid is as stupid does, sabi nga ni Forrest Gump. Kung anuman yun.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    For residents living(and passing through) the vicinity of SM North Edsa it can be challenging to live in harmony with the 1000 or more tricycles plying the roads of Bago Bantay and Pagasa.

Try passing by Misamis(the street to Edsa)street in the evening and you'll know what i am talking about! Plus the bright officials have apportioned them a part of the already narrow street which they line up towards their terminal.

In my past 14 years of living here, i have gone through numerous scrapes and bumps and near 'kuyog' of some of the tricycle drivers here, i sold my 'battle-scarred' to a bigger SUV which offers at least some protection.

I know of a few honest and clean-living drivers here but majority have developed real bad 'habits' that have emboldened them to form illegal terminals on the smaller roads and harass some motorist(as i have experienced).

Officials are tolerant of these drivers as they count as voters during elections. I am planning to move out of this community primarily because of this once peaceful community drastically changed for the worse when SM opened here in the mid80's. Imagine the pollution a thousand or more tricycles contribute to such a limited land area.

Yes, we can be tolerant of some of their bad practices, but only to a certain point!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    naalala ko tuloy yung sinabi dati ng prof. ko sa Pol. Sci. na lahat na nangyayari sa paligid natin may kinalaman ang politika. could this be true?
    LTO should play a big part on all this issues, nung kumuha nga ako ng license yung mga kasamahan ko na nag take ng exam kung titingnan mo parang hindi nga marunong mag drive ng kariton pero wala pang 5 minutes tapos na exam nila huhuhuhu parang nagsulat lang ng pangalan nila sa isip ko tuloy kahit siguro bulag pwede kumuha ng drivers license..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I remember before when my mom was bumped in the rear of a jeepney. The freaking driver called the operator called the owner as there are also a police with them already. The freaking driver's license is expired. Then they don't want to pay us saying the sons operator is a police. Good thing my mom called our family friend from crame so we end up settling in the precint. Result jeepney owner rushing to pay us so that his driver and jeepney wont be impounded! They got the taste of their so called power!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    nakakainis pa sa mga tricycle yung mabagal sila dahil naghahanap ng pasahero on a two way street, hirap mag overtake minsan

JEEP "King of the Road" TRICYCLE "Criminal of the Road"