New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    Nako, buti hindi ka napahamak.

Plano pa naman naming dumaan ng madaling araw sa C5 next week papuntang batangas. Mukhang EDSA nalang daan namin.
    Yep EDSA ka na lang bro. At least doon wala ka ring aalalahaning tumatawid sa gitna ng kalsada nang di gumagamit ng pedestrian overpass.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ang panget lang sa edsa ang daming bus at lubak-lubak ang daan.. kahit naman sa edsa marami din naaksidente, sa panahon ngayon kahit saan ka siguro dumaan pag natiyempuhan ka, yari ka!! kaya dapat ingat na lang talaga..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    kalaban mo naman sa edsa mga lubak at concrete barriers kung mahina-hina ilaw mo baka madale ka

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Hindi at higher speed ang deployment, since you were moving and when the Civic braked, hindi siya complete stop so he was still moving and you slowed down but not enough. Basically it's just like you hit a car while you were going a bit faster so there's only around 30kph difference between the two of you I would guess. Airbags usually deploy around 60kph.

In the crash tests we often see the deceleration is from around 60kph to zero, so the G-force acting on this is much higher than the one you had, which was probably, say, 80kph to 60kph, or even 50kph, so that's just a 30kph difference. The airbag sensors need to have a large enough gap between the velocity at the moment of impact and the final velocity at a certain time frame (usually just milliseconds). If the difference (or in that case, deceleration) is large enough then only then will the bags deploy.

Just do the math regarding the deceleration and you'll see that your deceleration was not as hard so the airbags won't deploy, even if you're well within the range of speed (usually 25kph and above I think) at which they should.
    is that so, thanks for the info sir. i think the civic is still doing 30kph when i hit her rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    +1 on the thrown stones along C5.

Ingat na lang po kayo sa bandang Kalayaan Ave. intersection at may ginagawa kasi dyan. Even at slower speeds (60-70 km/h) in daytime traffic, the three remaining lanes in that area can give you claustrophobia.

It's not ideal of course, but methinks we'll have to live with the bottleneck for a few more months...

Good think you're okay boss.
    tnx sir. thats true. i also once experienced na meron malaking bato sa gitna. (i think came from the construction site) buti i saw it kagad para makaiwas. ingat na lang po tayo mga sirs sa lugar na yan lalo na sa gabi.

Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    Nako, buti hindi ka napahamak.

Plano pa naman naming dumaan ng madaling araw sa C5 next week papuntang batangas. Mukhang EDSA nalang daan namin.
    buti pa sir. ingat na lang po tayo palagi.

Yep EDSA ka na lang bro. At least doon wala ka ring aalalahaning tumatawid sa gitna ng kalsada nang di gumagamit ng pedestrian overpass.
    tama po tayo jan boss. sa c5 hindi yata takot ang mga tao dun na masagasaan. nakikipagpatintero sa mga dumadaan.

Quote Originally Posted by glenngj View Post
    ang panget lang sa edsa ang daming bus at lubak-lubak ang daan.. kahit naman sa edsa marami din naaksidente, sa panahon ngayon kahit saan ka siguro dumaan pag natiyempuhan ka, yari ka!! kaya dapat ingat na lang talaga..
    mag ingat na lang po tayong lahat. lagi lang tayong maging alert sa mga bad elements sa daan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Suki pa man din ako sa C5. Doble ingat dapat.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Since most of the replies here came from habital C5 users I guess I should warn you na rin...

At the Kalayaan Ave. intersection going southbound, try to avoid the leftmost lane and move to the middle. Once you cross Kalayaan, C5 crowds down to two lanes for a short distance because of the cranes and construction barriers, and it just so conveniently had to be the leftmost lane that had to go.

Suki din kasi ako ng C5 eh...ingat mga bros

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Since most of the replies here came from habital C5 users I guess I should warn you na rin...

At the Kalayaan Ave. intersection going southbound, try to avoid the leftmost lane and move to the middle. Once you cross Kalayaan, C5 crowds down to two lanes for a short distance because of the cranes and construction barriers, and it just so conveniently had to be the leftmost lane that had to go.

thanks for the heads up bro.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005

Another dead end lane. nakita ko iyan only this week. Kadalasan kasi nasa 3'rd from the inner most lane ako.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Not to hijack this thread, pero ayoko na lang gumawa ng panibagong thread.

This happened about a week ago pa, but would like to share it anyway.

MANILA, Philippines - A former badminton sensation was killed when her car swerved into the opposite lane of the C-5 flyover before being rammed by a closed van in Pasig City yesterday.

Karyn Cecilia Velez, 24, of Unit D 16, Casa Verde Townhomes Lanuza, Barangay Ugong suffered severe body injuries.

She was rushed to the Medical City but was pronounced dead at about 2:25 a.m. by Maria Veronica Dating Ginoo, said Senior Superintendent Mario Rariza, Pasig City police chief.
    ABS-CBN News: Badminton star killed in C-5 mishap

Sayang, another young and promising life snuffed in a vehicular accident. Given it happened around 12:10am, posibleng napa-idlip siya sumandali. That's why I always maintain that driving tired, drowsy or sleepy is as dangerous if not more so, than driving after a few drinks (not drunk/ not intoxicated).

May she rest in peace!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ sayang talaga iyan.

she was already making waves in the american badminton scene (usa national team member na nga daw) at the time of her death. parang nabasa ko she's just on vacation here kasi she left the country in her sophomore year in ateneo to hone her craft further in malaysia so she can rededicate her passion in badminton

rip

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
ingat sa c5