New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sir Coiter, yes that is given na gagawin nila kng ano yng dpat para mabenta pero yng panloloko is a big no no.
    i think what is given is yong pag-iingat sa pagbili. Caveat emptor ika nga. Di
    naman lahat ng seller ay manloloko.

Bring a magnet. Pag di na kumabit sa chassis yon... e masilya.
    Tap the chassis. Pag yero tunog, ok. Pag blunt (parang kahoy)...e masilya.
    At pag may masilya, me brp ng ginawa don.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    just to share. my wife's office mate bought 2nd hand accord almost 2 yrs ago beside robinsons ortigas...i'm sure you know the place where 2nd hand cars are being sold...only to find out that it was a hot car a week later. seller cannot be found. poor guy.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by silhouette
    just to share. my wife's office mate bought 2nd hand accord almost 2 yrs ago beside robinsons ortigas...i'm sure you know the place where 2nd hand cars are being sold...only to find out that it was a hot car a week later. seller cannot be found. poor guy.
    Wow dyan pa naman ako malimit tumingin ng Used Car...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock
    Wow dyan pa naman ako malimit tumingin ng Used Car...
    Ha ha! muntik na kong makabili dyan ng corolla. Few years back, i went there to scout for a vehicle of interest. I found this corolla, I couldnt remember the variant. The price was tagged as P200k. Nice and clean interior, newly detailed. Well of course all the vehicles for sale there has to be pristine in and out. To cut the story short, I started the engine, switch on all lights including the ac. Well, everything was working, I should say. Without turning off the ac and the lights, I switched off the engine. After a few seconds, I switched the engine on again. This time it wouldn't start. 2nd and 3rd tries are just the same. The owner approach me and said "Sir, that's not the proper way to start the engine. You have to turn the ac, lights and the stereo off." I shrugged it off and said " If this car is in top condition, starting won't be a problem even if the electrical accessories are on." I turned back and never returned.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    pag used car dealer talaga, beware ka

these are sold on an "as is, where is" basis so unless may warranty na binigay ang agent (which more often than not ay WALA), its is really buyer's risk

better to buy a used car from a friend. or a used car dealer recommended by a friend

kung medyo bago bago pa ang kotse (i.e. less than 4 years old), may record pa yan siguro yan sa casa

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Mga sir, if you really want to know the place then I'm going to tell you but do not say anything negative about me as it is the truth.

If it is wrong to mention the place then moderators please erase my post so as not to violate this forum.

*St. Paul Please pray for them

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by monmag
    i think what is given is yong pag-iingat sa pagbili. Caveat emptor ika nga. Di
    naman lahat ng seller ay manloloko.

Bring a magnet. Pag di na kumabit sa chassis yon... e masilya.
    Tap the chassis. Pag yero tunog, ok. Pag blunt (parang kahoy)...e masilya.
    At pag may masilya, me brp ng ginawa don.
    sorry sir kng hndi ko naintindihan yng post ni sir coiter and i'm not saying all just a few lng naman. We have heard some experiences of other forumers and we must be careful.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Better check the brand new car dealers if they have pre-owned cars for sale. Most likely, na check na nila yun and are familiar with the service history of the cars. Mostly are trade-ins they got from their buyers.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    true, pre-owned cars from dealers are starting to look more okay.

kaya lang few offer that dito diba? i've only seen mercedes and bmw do that. what about other brands?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ingat lng sa pagbili ng kotse!