New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    He-he-he. meron na rin traffic lights with timer dito sa intersection ng Quirino hi-way at Otis Pandacan area.Kaya lang, minsan ang timer nag countdown pa mga 10 seconds, pero ang traffic light nya red na ha-ha-ha. At sometimes, sa kalagitna-an ng count down, bigla na lang mag black-out ang timer count so, back to traffic lights ulit.
    But kidding aside, these stoplights with timers is a big help to us motorists as it notifies us when to slow down, when to prepare to move forward, etc.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I see that you are from San Pedro, Laguna....

Weird ang Muntinlupa ha?,- dahil dito sa Commerce Ave.,- LED traffic lights + timer na sila.... Bakit hindi pa gawin sa lahat ng major intersections ng buong city?....

14.4K:out:
    I mean about sir dito sa may boundary ng San Pedro - Muntilupa (dito sa may gateway ng san pedro, yung may manok) the traffic lights there are still old school, samantalang sa bandang Pacita (esp. sa landayan, bongga ang traffic light LED w/ timer).

HAHHAHA...yes yes!yah in Filinvest Corporate center, in Commerce Ave, esp. Insular Life tower (dun sa intersection) up to brgy.ayala -- alabang town center , pati pedestrian crossing light de timer din,

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM

I mean about sir dito sa may boundary ng San Pedro - Muntilupa (dito sa may gateway ng san pedro, yung may manok) the traffic lights there are still old school, samantalang sa bandang Pacita (esp. sa landayan, bongga ang traffic light LED w/ timer).

HAHHAHA...yes yes!yah in Filinvest Corporate center, in Commerce Ave, esp. Insular Life tower (dun sa intersection) up to brgy.ayala -- alabang town center , pati pedestrian crossing light de timer din,
    So San Pedro laguna pa ang jurisdiction? Teka lang San Pedro din mayor ng muntjnlupa ah

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by andretti View Post
    I think they are starting to implement this, sa San Fernando Pamp. naka timer na mga traffic signals.
    The bad thing is, impatient drivers will know on when to start honking their horns....

but IMO it really helps move the traffic faster I may say...
    Sa San Fernando, nabwibwiset ako sa ibang stop lights along McArthur highway. It's not needed sa lahat ng intersection na nilagyan (or at least, pag off-peak hours, i-blinking yellow nalang nila).

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Sa San Fernando, nabwibwiset ako sa ibang stop lights along McArthur highway. It's not needed sa lahat ng intersection na nilagyan (or at least, pag off-peak hours, i-blinking yellow nalang nila).
    Yep.

Kagaya dun sa 8th Ave intersecting P. Tuazon, pwede naman blinking yellow ( pass anytime cautiously ) yun kapag umaga eh. They did that before, and sobrang smooth ng traffic. Just recently, binuksan ulit nila stoplight, ayun traffic ulit.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I'm so glad someone bought this up finally. Since I have not found anyone in the PH who really talks about it much or complains about it as I'm always the one bringing it up. The worst offender is at Meralco going left from Metro Walk....in the evening it lasts 5-6 seconds on green, YES no exaggeration. I had to wait 4 times (red to green rotation) before I could pass that light because the cars in front of me were not fast to react in time. So for about 30 meters it took me 10 mins of trying to pass through.

This of course was adding to the buildup of traffic leading to the intersection despite it being late and not rush hour. Infact it seems all the traffic green lights around Ortigas/pasig area seem to last only on average 10-15 seconds. It's so frustrating. I'm thinking these MMDA/Traffic Police guys purposely set it so short so they can try to catch anyone trying to beat or getting caught on the yellow/red light which I've seen several times happen already.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It could be that the intention for that intersection is that it simulates a 4(?)/3-way stop... Our drivers are not accustomed to that...

14.4K:out:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Haha I thought I was the only one ranting about that stoplight in Meralco Avenue. The timer is really crazy. I believe the green light sets off in about 8-10 seconds so only a few cars would be able to pass. You'd wait about 3-5 minutes again until the light goes back to green so it's really annoying. I often get caught up by that stupid stoplight specially at night.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by informant View Post
    I'm so glad someone bought this up finally. Since I have not found anyone in the PH who really talks about it much or complains about it as I'm always the one bringing it up. The worst offender is at Meralco going left from Metro Walk....in the evening it lasts 5-6 seconds on green, YES no exaggeration. I had to wait 4 times (red to green rotation) before I could pass that light because the cars in front of me were not fast to react in time. So for about 30 meters it took me 10 mins of trying to pass through.

This of course was adding to the buildup of traffic leading to the intersection despite it being late and not rush hour. Infact it seems all the traffic green lights around Ortigas/pasig area seem to last only on average 10-15 seconds. It's so frustrating. I'm thinking these MMDA/Traffic Police guys purposely set it so short so they can try to catch anyone trying to beat or getting caught on the yellow/red light which I've seen several times happen already.
    Quote Originally Posted by aLbEe View Post
    Haha I thought I was the only one ranting about that stoplight in Meralco Avenue. The timer is really crazy. I believe the green light sets off in about 8-10 seconds so only a few cars would be able to pass. You'd wait about 3-5 minutes again until the light goes back to green so it's really annoying. I often get caught up by that stupid stoplight specially at night.
    That intersection is a kotong trap. Even on a Sunday, those idiots are at it.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

With that,- ang galing ng kanilang strategy,- "irritate and confuse your enemy".... :hysterical:

14.5K:higop:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
The Incredibly Fast Stoplight Thread!