New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Not all people with HIDs have the option of High beam since HIDs are normally single low beam applications only except for the Bi-xenons whether with the retractable shield or retracting bulb. I don't recommend vehicles with only a pair of headlights to install HIDs since they loose their high beam therefore they aim their single beam HIDs a bit higher than normal to compensate for not having another pair of H1 high beam headlights. Also, there are a couple of nut cases installing HIDs on their single headlight cars then installing another set of HIDs with their foglights. Foglights are used for FOG... these foglights tend to output a scattered light opposed to the headlights which were designed to output light in a proper aim. Also, foglights need to be yellow in color output since super bright white light will not cut through FOG as their original purpose. In my opinion, if your vehicle is not equipped with at least 4 headlights, don't install HIDs coz this will force you to realign your headlight to aim higher and that wouldn't be considerate for oncoming vehicles.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sa amin sa bacoor may ganyan din. But i think the driver already changed his headlamps, naka tutukok na pababa. Pero ung glare talga ung nakaka silaw.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    paki add na rin po yung mga pujs na hindi naman naka-on yung mga headlights!!

hehe dami talagang ginagawang pang-porma yung mga fog lights + high beam ngayn sa daanan natin ngayn, kulang na lang maging rice din tsikots/suvs nila!!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    May jeepney na kayang naka HID? :D

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    paki add na rin po yung mga pujs na hindi naman naka-on yung mga headlights!!

hehe dami talagang ginagawang pang-porma yung mga fog lights + high beam ngayn sa daanan natin ngayn, kulang na lang maging rice din tsikots/suvs nila!!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamar View Post
    ako bad trip ako sa mga ganyang jeepny drivers na kasalubong ko na naka high beam lang kahit anung flash ko ng mga ilaw ko wala paring pakelam!
    oo nga, sa las pinas din mga astig ang mga jeepney driver. laging naka high maski senyas ka, ayaw pa ring i low beam, nakakainis kasi masakit sa mata

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by evs_13 View Post
    oo nga, sa las pinas din mga astig ang mga jeepney driver. laging naka high maski senyas ka, ayaw pa ring i low beam, nakakainis kasi masakit sa mata
    alam ko walang high at low mga jeepneys. direktang naka-

screw headlight nila sa front grill. talagang aangat ang aim

nila lalo't puno ng pasahero. meron nga sa me amin, naka-

tutok sa mga poste ng meralco yung isa

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    parang 90% ata ng mga taxi naka-high beam lagi. nakakainis pa kung magbababa sila ng pasahero sa lane mo, so nakaharap sila sa iyo at naka-high beam. pagdaan mo, makikita mo wala sila sa kotse.

or napapansin ko lately na dumadami ang mga motorsiklong naka-high beam.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    or napapansin ko lately na dumadami ang mga motorsiklong naka-high beam.
    This is because of the daytime running lights that now come standard with some models. It runs at around 80% of the high beam intensity so as to be visible in daytime.

HOWEVER, some stupid bikers don't turn on the light switch (which turns on the instrument lamp, taillamps, and the normal low beams) when the sun sets.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Are there any rules regulating:

1) what your factory headlights can be replaced with, and

2) how many and what kind of extra lights can be installed in addition to the factory headlights?

For example, if you installed extra lights on every inch of your front roofline, not to mention every inch between the two factory headlights, like on 'rally' cars, would that be legal? Is a permit needed?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Idiots with super bright lights