New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    if walang hampasan siguro walang kaso.

Anyways, mahaba na itong thread and going in circles ang discussion. Time to lock?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ^very good idea

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    ^very good idea
    before we lock the thread... lets go back to basics: when counter flowing, what do you do when you see the vehicle who has the right of way is approaching you???

very simple cancel your counter flow and go back to your lane IMMEDIATELY! or else suffer a loud horn, high beams and worse head on collision which you are at fault!

kaya hinampas yong tsikot mo kase wala ka sa tama linya at muntik mo na ipahamak ang buhay niya...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    before we lock the thread... lets go back to basics: when counter flowing, what do you do when you see the vehicle who has the right of way is approaching you???

very simple cancel your counter flow and go back to your lane IMMEDIATELY! or else suffer a loud horn, high beams and worse head on collision which you are at fault!

kaya hinampas yong tsikot mo kase wala ka sa tama linya at muntik mo na ipahamak ang buhay niya...
    THAT IS WHAT I DID. I tried to get in the right lane.

Do not make assumptions because you were not there. You didn't even understand or did you even read my initial post! Napakalayo ko pa. When I saw a car and a motorcycle in the opposite lane I knew that there was a problem in the coordination of tge counterflow!

PANO KO IPAPAHAMAK BUHAY NIYA? Kaya nag play chicken siya bec there was more than enough distance. At kaya stationary ako dahil pumapasok nga ko sa tamang lane.

Hinampas niya kotse ko dahil maangas niya. Siya ang may death wish kung tinuloy niya banggain auto ko.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by _Cathy_; January 8th, 2016 at 10:22 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    ^apektado lang yan si BOY Stigma kasi rider yan Idiot Motorcycle Bluffed to Head On My Car

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post

under RA 7924, the MMDA, apart from its other functions, is tasked with the administration and implementation of all traffic enforcement operations in metro manila. in line with this, MMDA employs traffic constables that will help ease the flow of traffic in the metro and apprehend traffic violators.*****

Under MMDA Reg. No. 97 - 003, ILLEGAL OR UNAUTHORIZED COUNTERFLOW is punished with a fine of Php2000 plus 3 months suspension of driver's license for the first offense, or 6 mos. suspension for second offense, or revocation of the DL for third offense.

here, according to TS, she had the green light from the traffic constable to "counter-flow," she hesitated at first but proceeded anyway. in other words, her "counter-flow" was NOT illegal or unauthorized. then, if that is so, she had every right to expect that the road she was traversing was free from onrushing traffic. if there had been miscommunication between the traffic constables manning the area, especially with the constable assigned at the other end of the road who did not warn other motorists that they opened the road for counter-flow, that should not be taken against her.

now, the question is, do traffic enforcers or constables have the power to authorize motorists to counter-flow? yes, it goes without saying. if in their judgment it will ease traffic, by all means, they can do so,* because, obviously, that is their mandate.

according to her, she was already on a full stop when she saw this motorcycle speeding right into her direction as if to hit her car head on, that was uncalled for. smacking her car thereafter was only adding insult to injury.*

if the MC driver believing in good faith that she illegally counter-flowed, did he have right to do what he did? by what right he could do that? if you were in TS' shoes at that time, would you not take offense? some in that situation would even react violently. at least, in her case, she still had sense to stay still and did not go out of her car and started a ruckus. the consequences would have been unimaginable.*

again, she could not be faulted over what happened, and it is the height of hypocrisy, if we civilized people here, would lay a blame on her.

are you civilized? *

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789