New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jave View Post
    *digit:

Unfortunately, it's not that easy or simple.

I've worked with some government people in the past. A lot of them don't like to learn new things or change how things work. During the design process, they shove forward ideas that are highly illogical and may introduce a lot of loopholes and problems in the future, if only for the reason that they're so used to their way of doing things and have no desire to change it.

That's why a lot of systems designed by private firms for use by government institutions are still flawed, because they are still based on, or at best, have to work around the same, flawed way of doing things, as specified by the "client".
    True of most business processes. In fact, in process improvement, automation is one of the last steps - you first need to simplify processes, eliminated unneeded steps, and combine steps if possible, so you have a good, optimized process before beginning automation.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by silverworx View Post
    pa share din nito, nakita ko sa FB:

Warning: New Modus in Parking Areas
    START TO GET INTO THE HABIT OF "REVERSE PARKING " READ THIS MESSAGE AND UNDERSTAND WHY YOU MUST GET INTO THE HABIT OF REVERSE PARKING Warning..!!!! Just last weekend on Friday night we parked in a public car park.. As we drove away I noticed a sticker on the rear window of the car.

Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating.. You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. Youstart the engine put it into Reverse. When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window.

So, you stop and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically run you over as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car. So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised! BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

When I took it off after I got home, it was a receipt for petrol. Luckily my friend told me not to stop as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of the car. Then we received this email yesterday.WARNING FROM POLICE THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MENBEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE-- NEW WAY TO DO CARJACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)'
    Grabe! ****! tumindig ang mga balahibo ko dito ah,11pm while backing out of a parking lot in quezon circle last week, I noticed this big piece of paper on the rear mirror of my pick-up, buti nalang naka-ugalian ko nang hindi bumaba after magstart ng sasakyan so I let it pass, when I was in quezon ave na, I stopped in front of a bright store(mazda or honda showroom na sarado na) with a security guard and removed it, it was a piece of manila paper, kaya ng mabasa ko ito ay kinilabutan ako dahil sa mga "what ifs" na mga naiisip ko haay

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shredingman123 View Post
    Grabe! ****! tumindig ang mga balahibo ko dito ah,11pm while backing out of a parking lot in quezon circle last week, I noticed this big piece of paper on the rear mirror of my pick-up, buti nalang naka-ugalian ko nang hindi bumaba after magstart ng sasakyan so I let it pass, when I was in quezon ave na, I stopped in front of a bright store(mazda or honda showroom na sarado na) with a security guard and removed it, it was a piece of manila paper, kaya ng mabasa ko ito ay kinilabutan ako dahil sa mga "what ifs" na mga naiisip ko haay

What was written/printed on the manila paper you removed from your back window?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by silverworx View Post
    pa share din nito, nakita ko sa FB:

Warning: New Modus in Parking Areas
    START TO GET INTO THE HABIT OF "REVERSE PARKING " READ THIS MESSAGE AND UNDERSTAND WHY YOU MUST GET INTO THE HABIT OF REVERSE PARKING Warning..!!!! Just last weekend on Friday night we parked in a public car park.. As we drove away I noticed a sticker on the rear window of the car.

Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating.. You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. Youstart the engine put it into Reverse. When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window.

So, you stop and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically run you over as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car. So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised! BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

When I took it off after I got home, it was a receipt for petrol. Luckily my friend told me not to stop as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of the car. Then we received this email yesterday.WARNING FROM POLICE THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MENBEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE-- NEW WAY TO DO CARJACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)'
    Crap nakakatakot naman ito! Iba na talaga ang panahon ngayon dapat mag ingat tayong lahat...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    What was written/printed on the manila paper you removed from your back window?
    "bukas ang zipper mo"

yep! we want to know what's written on that piece of paper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
HPG bares carjackers' new scheme.