New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    maglagay na din ng dashcams facing the sides and back para full 360 degree coverage! (Actually, I'm sure someone will eventually do that or has already done so.)

The story of the guy sounds a little made up, though. OR maybe he just left out a few details. Parang the whole barangay was in on the scam.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

maglagay na din ng dashcams facing the sides and back para full 360 degree coverage! (Actually, I'm sure someone will eventually do that or has already done so.)

The story of the guy sounds a little made up, though. OR maybe he just left out a few details. Parang the whole barangay was in on the scam.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ice_man5210 View Post

Cheapest quality action camera is around 3k. The clone of the Gopro. Just buy 2 for 6k mount one in front and one in the back and that should be enough. All you need are some USB extension cables and a 2 plug usb car charger to power the two cameras.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    Dashcams are great tools for this kind of modus. Parang katulad lang din ito nung modus sa taft avenue na Sagasa-Tapon Bigas gang.
    Experienced this first hand. Quirino Ave, going to Roxas Blvd. At the interesction of Taft Ave, this taong grasa looking person suddenly appears on the driver side after spilling something on my vehicle, dunno what really, and mumbles about being hit, and how his groceries or what he was carrying are now useless, wanting to be compensated.

It took me a few seconds to gather my wits about and process the situation and react by telling the guy point blank that he was scamming me. Gave him one hard look, closed my window, and just drove away.

Sa ganitong mga modus, dapat huwag kang unahan ng takot. As long as you know/feel na hindi ka mali, tatagan mo loob mo.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    parang ganito nangyari sa akin..

2 months ago ata, sa may martinez st sa mandaluyong.. mga 5-10kph yung takbo namin.. nang malapit na ko sa pedestrian crossing, may 3 bata na tatawid at 2 matandang lalaki.. nakatayo sila sa gilid, habang padaan ako, biglang tumawid yung batang lalaki(siguro mga 7yrs old), buti at nakapag preno ako at hindi ko tinamaan yung bata...
    pero ang medyo kahinahinala eh yung hawak ng bata ay biglang tumilapon at parang umakto siya na tumalsik papalayo sa sasakyan.. huminto ako pero hindi bumaba.. dahil sa hindi ako bumaba at umalis ng dahan dahan, nakita ko yung bata na tumayo at naglakad ulit..

buti na lang may dash cam ako, after ko ireview ng paulit ulit at ikwento sa iba, masasabi ko na eto ay isang modus... ingat kayo sa lugar na to..
    Last edited by bentotz; May 18th, 2015 at 05:45 PM. Reason: double post

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Its funny how the widespread of this and other modus operandi is boosting sales of dashcams. Additional expense for motorists.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Experienced this first hand. Quirino Ave, going to Roxas Blvd. At the interesction of Taft Ave, this taong grasa looking person suddenly appears on the driver side after spilling something on my vehicle, dunno what really, and mumbles about being hit, and how his groceries or what he was carrying are now useless, wanting to be compensated.

It took me a few seconds to gather my wits about and process the situation and react by telling the guy point blank that he was scamming me. Gave him one hard look, closed my window, and just drove away.

Sa ganitong mga modus, dapat huwag kang unahan ng takot. As long as you know/feel na hindi ka mali, tatagan mo loob mo.
    ah! the original one-eyed guy? still alive!??! at diyan na pala siya nag-gi-gimmick...
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 19th, 2015 at 02:15 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I will do what yebo has suggested.

I will tell them to **** off and they will never get a single cent from me.

They can just sue me.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

but i confess.. this is easy for me to say, because i am comfortable around hospitals..
    unang tingin palang sa "victim" at "relatives" maa-assess na agad kung talagang na aksidente o pro na sila.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Question lang mga sirs, let's say you did hit someone by accident and it's the real deal. What is the best way to handle it? Kunwari minor injuries lang?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast