New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ironically, this police officer was with a media man because they were to feature him on the TV show game plan.

I hope this clarifies this situation before it gets out of hand..
    Ok boss. Gotcha. Boy, we do love to speculate, don't we?
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 10th, 2006 at 12:10 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Actually that is the opposite of law enforcement training which teaches to keep the trigger finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot. A civilian is more likely to keep his finger on the trigger not a trained officer.
    it is also part of law enforcement training to uphold the law and protect the citizenry. honesty, integrity, justice are also taught pero what is reality....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    i don't think na police officer yun. kasi kahit na ganun ang situation you aren't supposed to draw your gun out... holding the gun siguro while inside the holster would be more appropriate kasi drawing it out parang nanakot na eh... hay nako kadami talagang mayayabang na gun owner... BTW i am also a gun owner that i bring everyday but never did i in my whole life draw my gun out to scare anybody. Ika nga nila "pag kinasa mo, iputok mo!!!" Wag tularan ang mga ganitong tao...just ranting guys!!!:hit:
    You can draw your weapon as an officer if you believe that a persons life is in danger. If there was a fight and one of the people involved is being beaten by the tire wrench then he can draw the gun. As it was only one picture and not a sequence of pics of the event then we don't know the circumstances of why the gun was being held in that position. I do agree that he should have shown a badge. In the US we are told to identify ourselves verbally loud enough for the surrounding public to be aware that we are police officers whether we are in uniform or civilian clothing either using a gun, baton, or pepper spray. If he had done that then the cameraman who took the pic would have known he was a police officer and the pic wouldn't look so bad.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by C24 View Post
    it is also part of law enforcement training to uphold the law and protect the citizenry. honesty, integrity, justice are also taught pero what is reality....
    I thought the issue was the gun not honesty, justice, and integrity. As far as protecting the public upholding the law, unless you were there you can't say that isn't what this officer was doing. If it's true he was stopping a fight that involved a chain and tire wrench then I don't blame him for pulling the gun since both can be deadly weapons. Also going up to the fight just introduces the gun to the people involved if he tries to break it up by stepping in.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Ok boss. Gotcha. Boy, we do love to speculate, don't we?
    hehe.. and whatever happened to the expression 'innocent until proven guilty?'

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    hehe.. and whatever happened to the expression 'innocent until proven guilty?'
    You're talking about the Philippines where the President shows suspects to the media as though they are already judged as guilty. Remember that case when GMA presented suspects, including a female, to the media and she was later found to be innocent or not involved with the crime.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hehehe. guilty until proven innocent.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i remember one time, i've been pointed at by a gun by another motorist. damn! wala naman ako ginawa kundi mag overtake kasi super bagal nya on an empty hiway...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Grabe naman yan. Are you allowed to run him over if someone approaches you with a gun? hehe...

LAst night, may mahilig magwangwang na fortuner.... kups. tapos nung makita ko ang likod, may sticker na: BABY ON BOARD.... pero hindi baby ang picture kudi ARMALITE. Di ba KAkupalan yan?

calling a gun a BABY means you worship it like your child... while asserting your advantage over the other motorists.... Oh, well. Basta makalamang nga naman.
    Last edited by bad driver; August 11th, 2006 at 02:18 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maski ano pa explanation dun sa glocktalk, i really dont believe it...

1. i agree with the posts here. drawing a gun is only necessary if the life of the law enforcer (if he really is), is under threat. in this case, where is the threat? (unless the parties involved in the accident are also drawing out their guns..)

2. the behavior. if he really is a police officer drawing a gun to pacify two parties with a gun (assuming), then why did he went back to his car upon seeing press people taking pictures?

if this is the case, even though the operation or drawing out the gun is legit or not, this should be investigated further... ano yan, bawat makita nyang taong yan na may threat, bubunot sya ng baril? take note that the definition of threat differs to the person being threatened. what is threatening to you may not be threatening to another person.

imho...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Hot-headed gun owner photo on Philippine Star