New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    dude, what happened na? di ba sila pumayag palitan? dapat palitan na yan, hassle yan sobra.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Honda quality really sucks especially with 2nd gen CRV. almost all my friend's 2nd gen CRV have some kind of minor defects (including mine). No quality control during productions. One of my friend even have the whole transmission change.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by andre
    Honda quality really sucks especially with 2nd gen CRV. almost all my friend's 2nd gen CRV have some kind of minor defects (including mine). No quality control during productions. One of my friend even have the whole transmission change.

we bought the 2005 crv 4x2 manual. what happened to the transmission of your friend? we had our crv serviced yesterday and before that, napansin namin na there was something wrong with the hand brake. umaatras or forward yung car pag incline kahit sagad na and yung 2nd and 3rd gear sobrang hina. Pero it was fixed but they couldnt explain bakit mahina yung 2nd and 3rd gear.
    Last edited by carlocaraddict; October 12th, 2005 at 05:22 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    There was an annoying sound daw. I didnt really ask the exact details. And its a MT by the way.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke
    I washed and vacuumed my City today. I discovered that water seeped into the backseat and ceiling. Leak in the rear windshield perhaps.

This is so sad.

This car is a certified lemon.

hindi align ang doors kaya pumasok ang tubig.. kagaya yan ng friend ko sa hatchback nya yong nagpa car wash sya pag pasok at labas nya sa washer ayun bumaha sa loob buti nlang hindi na basa computer nya or yung nag control sa car nya..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i think this is not just from the door but coming from the top --- rear glass window.

Hmmm...i also think this unit came from tarlac (like viper's).

Tsk tsk. This is bad for HCPI

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    I hope Honda will replace your car. This is just too much..... Kaya ka nga bumibili ng brand new ay para may peace of mind ka, tapos heto ang makukuha mo. Sa media ka na pumunta para talagang mapressure sila.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lmao...let's be a little more realistic guys.

according to the thread starter, here are the problems:

1. EMBLEM needed adjustment (fixed)
    2. connector needed to be PLUGGED IN
    3. tint bubbles
    4 and 5. alignment/camber adjustment needed

now, how much value does a new car lose after you drive it off the lot? 50k? 100k? just asking because i don't know how quickly cars depreciate over there. is it reasonable to ask the dealer to take that huge a loss because of some problems that seem to be easily fixable? what would a judge say?

did the dealer get a chance to fix the problems? best case scenario, the dealer needs to remove the console, plug in the cig lighter connector, realign/camber the suspension, and retint the vehicle. i'm not really seeing how you can return the vehicle here (or force the dealer to replace it by legal means)...unless they have tried many times to fix the alignment and haven't succeeded.

EDIT: oops, hindi ko nakita yung update with the rear window problem! sorry. i agree it's getting worse and worse - if the rear window seal needs to be replaced, it's still not that big a deal, but it looks like the car is just becoming a total hassle...if they can't fix the two major problems - the leaks and the alignment - i think you have a case.
    Last edited by empy; October 16th, 2005 at 12:30 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Philippine Civil Code

Art 1495 - The vendor is bound to transfer the ownership of and deliver, as well as warrant the thing which is the object of the sale.

Art 1561 - The vendor (seller) shall be responsible for warranty against the hidden defects which the thing sold may have, should they render it unfit for the use for which it is intended, or should they diminish its fitness for such use to such an extent that, had the vendee (buyer) been aware thereof, he would not have acquired it or would have given a lower price for it; ........

According to noted author Hector De Leon, the following requisites must concur for the existence of the warranty against hidden defects.
    (1) The defect must be important or serious;
    (2) It must be hidden;
    (3) It must exist at the time of the sale;
    (4) The vendee must give notice of the defect to the vendor within a reasonable time.
    (5) The actions for rescission or reduction of the price must be brought within the proper period - six (6) months from delivery of the thing sold.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Latest problem!

When I jack either the front-right or the rear-right of the car through the jacking points in the chassis, I hear TICKING noises from the body panels as I bring the car up or down.

There is no noise when I jack the LEFT side (either front or back).

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Honda quality-control sucks...