With work piling up and an Execom meeting looming this Wednesday, I decided to go to work today. I left the house at around 11 am andtTook my usual route of Pioneer underpass, up to Pinatubo Street in Boni, out to Edsa towards Guadalupe, then down to JP Rizal towards Rockwell to get to the Makati CBD.

While going down at the bridge and taking that long loop, I saw that my lane is green to go, though I'm still about 20 meters off the intersection. As is my habit, even if I have the right of way, I slow down and honk twice because the jeepneys plying the JP Rizal route and some motorcycles there are known to run red lights. In fact, one jeepney did while another one was about to follow but stopped right after I honked. As I reached the intersection, I began to step on the accelerator when I saw movement to my left. Instinctively, my foot pressed on the brake and a silver gray Honda Civic darted in front of me and ran the red light!

The car had no (or at least very light) tints so I saw the guy driving, a somewhat stocky man, and his companion, a lady at the passenger side. I could sense the lady seemed a bit shocked as she had both hands up, while the male driver didn't even flinch.

Had I not seen that blur, that lady would have been pinned against the door of their car. Whoever you are, driver of the Honda Civic XRB-671, you, sir are a dirt bag ! You DO NOT deserve to be on the streets driving a car. You are a moron for endangering lives because you couldn't wait for a few seconds more for your turn. Traffic lights exist for a reason. Grow a brain. go back to grade school and learn the meaning of Red-Yellow-Green.