New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo A. View Post
    I think the reasoning behind them having bright tail lights is to increase visibility of the vehicle infront during heavy rain, fog, or smog. It's a general rule to slow down or stop if you have an on coming vehicle which is blinding you with it's headlights so as not to hit something while your eyes are blinded and just wait for the vehicle to pass. Having bright tail lights encourages people to stop or slow down earlier so they don't hit the vehicle infront in poor driving conditions. As long as the tail light bulb or reflector is the standard red color it should be okay.

If it's close enough to blind you then you should be stopping and not moving forward at all. Sometimes safety improvements to vehicles that make perfect sense in countries like the USA or Europe don't necessarily make much sense to a country like the Philippines where the driving culture is rooted in chaos and constantly bending or selectively following the rules of the road.
    oh yeah, i completely forgot about leaving a couple car lengths of space in front of you.

i drove like that in the when i first came here in 2010 and quickly learned that everyone will just cut you off by having even a couple feet in front of you. well, it may stop people from tailgaiting at night.

i just read about that some led lights, especially the ones with mercedes, is that the brightness of the brakelight increases the harder you're pressing on the pedal.

i guess stoplight eye surgery is in my list of annoyances of driving here.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    sakin ok lang 3000k-4300k....wag lang yung 8000k on lo, hi and fogs...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Hid 3000-8000k+ Banned Sana!!!