New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Sir,

Here's my friend's reply:

"If the reason for disconnection is allegedly due to suspected tampered meter, Article 25 of the Magna carta for residential consumers provides that:

Article 25. Right to ERC Testing of apprehended Meter- In case the apprehension is witnerssed by an officer of the law and not by ERC authorized representative, the electric meter subject of teh offense must be placed in suitable container, properly identified and sealed, and shall be opened only for testing by the ERC's duly authorized representative.

Upon removal, the apprehended meter shall be immediately replaced by the distribution utility with an accurate electric watthour meter. However, no disconnection of electric service shall be effected until the ERC issues a meter test report showing that the meter was indeed tampered.

"Bosing, paki-ask yung friend mo if there was an officer of teh law (pwedeng pulis, kapitan or sinong may katungkulan sa barangay) na nagwitness ng pagpull-out ng meter nya, nilagay ba sa sealed container duly signed by the customer and the rep of ZAMECO? my pinapirmahan ba sa friend mo na inspection report?

Your friend should file a formal compalint to us para agad marestore yung electric service nya. Taht would be the basis of the ERC to direct ZAMECO to restore his service. Also, if his contentions are valid, pwde siyang mag-counter charge sa ZAMECO for damages.

Importante yung witness during the pulling-out of the meter and the inspection report."

She said if you can get your friend's ZAMECO account no. she'll immediately call ZAMELCO and ask for an immediate action/explanation.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    That was fast! Galeng ni sir andoy!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoy View Post
    Sir,

Ask your friend not to pay yet (or if he intends to pay so he can have electricity at once, ask for any document e.g., receipt). I forwarded your friend's concern to a friend at the customers relations at the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC). I believe ERC has the authority to act on this complaint. Hope she responds immediately.
    Thanks for that sir, i hope your contact can get in touch with the top management of Zameco. I think this is one of the best way to help him and his family. Kudos sir!!!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    oy swerte natin, andito si andoy at yung friend niya sa ERC. dagdag ko lang inputs ko.

the agency tasked of regulating electric cooperatives like Zameco is the Energy Regulations Commission. Residential Electricity Consumers derive legal rights from the Magna Carta.

Article 25 is the applicable provision, and very important is the 2nd paragraph:

Upon removal, the apprehended meter shall be immediately replaced by the distribution utility with an accurate electric watthour meter. However, no disconnection of electric service shall be effected until the ERC issues a meter test report showing that the meter was indeed tampered.
    Article 19 also mandates that a written notice is required prior to the disconnection and that a bill of particulars is required as to the amount that is to be paid.

The remedy of the consumer is to file a complaint with the Energy Regulations Commission. It's a good thing Andoy's friend is able to help out, but in case you need it, here are the contact nos.

good luck!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    naku sana ma-resolve na ang issue... ang hirap ng walang kuryente... perwisyong malaki... tanong lang po - hanggang ngayon ba wala pa ring ilaw?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by just4u View Post
    naku sana ma-resolve na ang issue... ang hirap ng walang kuryente... perwisyong malaki... tanong lang po - hanggang ngayon ba wala pa ring ilaw?
    Sir, operada kc ung wife ni Mr. Danny kaya nga nagpalagay sila ng elec water pump kc ang hirap daw sa manumanu na pump. Kaya they paid 20k first to the office in cash to restore power. May resibo naman daw na binigay, but were not sure if thats a valid receipt. Alam rin natin na pag ganyang kalukuhan, may mga kalukuhan din mga resibo na as if tunay.

Sir Andoy,

Please forward this to your friend to ERC, please tell also your friend that Dannys family paid P20k first to the office to restore power. The electric service line is registered to:

Mrs. Ofelia Asiatico Cubebe
    Purok 3, San Agustin, Iba, Zambales

I still need to ask my friend of their account number and will forward to you sir andoy right away. Thanks all of you and to Sir Andoy's friend at ERC.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    My friend already called ZAMECO and ZAMECO promised to call back once they've gathered information (she will follow it up tomorrow). She said it would help speed up the process if you can provide the account #. Nonetheless, let's hope that ZAMECO will act on this.

She also said that, in order for ERC to conduct a formal investigation, you must send the complaint through consumer*erc.gov.ph. Clearly, ZAMECO did not follow due process and, if found guilty, may be penalized. Your friend may also demand for damages.

I won't be loggin in tomorrow till Sunday since I will be out of town. She promised to update me on any development through text. Pls. send me your # (I'll send you my # through pm) so I can send you her text messages.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    buti na lang may kuryente na at natutukan ng ating kapwa-tsikoteers (sirs B16CRX and Andoy) .... at any rate sana maayos na ang lahat lalo na't Christmastime...

WBR,

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoy View Post
    My friend already called ZAMECO and ZAMECO promised to call back once they've gathered information (she will follow it up tomorrow). She said it would help speed up the process if you can provide the account #. Nonetheless, let's hope that ZAMECO will act on this.

She also said that, in order for ERC to conduct a formal investigation, you must send the complaint through consumer*erc.gov.ph. Clearly, ZAMECO did not follow due process and, if found guilty, may be penalized. Your friend may also demand for damages.

I won't be loggin in tomorrow till Sunday since I will be out of town. She promised to update me on any development through text. Pls. send me your # (I'll send you my # through pm) so I can send you her text messages.
    Sir Andoy,

I already sent a formal complaint using the above address last thursday afternoon. Until now no reply yet from ERC. Please let us know if they received it already. Thanks so much!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    For the information of everyone as per Sir Andoys message to me, ERC already acted on Mr. Danny's case. The formal complaint has been received already by ERC. This is currently being investigated by ERC and already asked Zameco to provide comment on this case.

Gulat siguro ung mga taga-Zameco kung bakit nakarating sa ERC! Thanks so much to Sir Andoy!!!

Ang gagaling talaga ng mga tsikoteerss!!! We hope and pray that this case is $successful! Will update na lang kung anong results for this.

Thanks to tsikot.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Help: ZAMECO (just like Meralco) imposing penalty of P50k a scam?