New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Im sending this issue just for discussion and seeking help if this is a SCAM?

This is in behalf of my friend Mr. Danny working as a Skilled Carpenter here in abroad. His family is staying at Purok 3, San Agustin, Iba Zambales.

Last Wednesday, Nov 15, 2006, his wife called and told him that ZAMECO (Zambales Electric Cooperative) disconnected their electric power and confiscated their electric meter. The ZAMECO employee claimed that their power meter was illegally tampered because one of the seals have been broken. Upfront, this employee is asking them to pay P50,000 as penalty and for unpaid consumption arising from the alleged tampered electric meter. The employee told his wife that they were cheating because they have an electric motor pump and yet their just paying P1000 a month. Household residents were just his wife and his daugther. They are still asked to pay the P50K penalty without any invoice or letter of claim from that office.

This electric meter was approximaitely 15 meters away from their house and located at the electric post along the mainroad. This was relocated by ZAMECO employees back in year 2000. And I think, this should be the responsibility of the electric company because it was not installed anymore within their premises.

Until know, power has not been restored because of nonpayment.

Im not whether this is a valid claim or a scam. I already asked Danny if his wife asked somebody to tamper their power meter and he told me that his wife never asked somebody to do something on their meter.

Life is not easy this days and its not worth to shell out hard earned P50k for my friend. I hope we can help my friend to assess this issue and forward this to authorities or media.

Thanks in advance for your helpful suggestions.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Scam... they should go to the customer service section and ask why their meter was disconnected without prior warning. There should have been a written notice of the disconnection.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meron na naman nito? Yup, proceed to the office muna. Baka yung sumisingil ng Php50k din ang sumira dun sa electric meter.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Punta kayo sa head office instead of just coordinating with just one employee. Minsan may mga ogag na empleyado talaga.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    isnt that the logical thing to do naman ... verify sa main office.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    It appears that some of the employees are also involved as his wife went to their main office. They want to have it in cash or if not, cash on top of the monthly billing. I advised him to tell his wife if payment will be made, get a managers check from the bank payable to the office (since they dont have a checking account). His wife tried that she will just be paying via check in the name of the Elec Company but the employee refused saying that they do not accept checks... (weird hu???)

Well, its kinda funny ha?

Guys, if you have email adds of "Isumbong mo kay Tulfo" or Imbestigador its better to forward this issue.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    scam.

malamang sila yung na target kasi alam na nag aabroad yung husband nya. at wala silang kasamang lalaki sa bahay..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i asked my dad who works in MERALCO.He said that when a meter is tampered with (with a jumper), they (1) gather evidence; which is a picture of the jumper connected to the electric line, (2) send in an anti-pilferage team and disconnect the line (with proper documents), (3) they go in the house and take into consideration all electrical appliances to measure the average electric consumption per month and then (4) bill the household for the stolen electricity. NO PAYMENT = NO ELECTRICITY.

If they've gone to the main office, they should get all the documentation on why their electricity was cut. If they can't provide you with anything, get a lawyer and sue.

A litigation would make them think twice on what they're doing.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... weird naman if they will not accept a Manager's Check.

Try contacting someone from the top management regarding this.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Hmmm... weird naman if they will not accept a Manager's Check.

Try contacting someone from the top management regarding this.
    something fishy!!!!, Get the name of the persons involved and seek help from proper authorities or from the media people.

if they can get a trusted lawyer.
    this has to stop and the people involved should be put into jail.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Help: ZAMECO (just like Meralco) imposing penalty of P50k a scam?