New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think even if there is a contract provision to this effect, the same would be illegal. The deductions are not attributable to any fault or obligation on the part of the employee to the company.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    I think even if there is a contract provision to this effect, the same would be illegal. The deductions are not attributable to any fault or obligation on the part of the employee to the company.

yup, this is absolutely correct, if this is the fault of employer and not due to fortuitous event (flood, earthquake, etc.) employee's shouldn't be made accountable

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    The contract is monthly payment, and sa contract, nakalagay, they must work 48hrs in a week at least.
    The company is liable for this.It is clearly indicated on the contract itself, these employees must work atleast 48hrs (minimum) in a week unlike If the contract says they will be paid per day then the company is not obligated to pay them..They could have transferred them to other stations.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how about the principle of "no work no pay"? since the employees did not render any work during the period mentioned, and they were in fact at home and not at the work site, then the company has all the right not to pay them any salary. in fact the company is being very generous paying them 1/3 their salaries staying at home and not doing any productive work for the company.

also, if i were one of those 5 employees, since they are still under the 6 months provisionary stage of employment, i'd just play possum for now and "help" the company go through this trying event. i'll shut my complaining mouth until when they are already permanent employees. the company can just consider them as "troublesome employees" and terminate them now if they complain. if i am their employer that's what i'd do, fire provisionary employees who do not show sympathy for the company's problems. remember that the 6 months provisionary period for employees to become permanent employees is to gauge the employee's competence, trainability, work attitude, and LOYALTY. yeah it sucks. but hey, that's LIFE.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Agree here with yebo. Contractuals and Probys are at the 'mercy' of the employer as the relationship can be terminated anytime on short notice. It's sad, but it's true. It's good that they're being paid 1/3 of their salary,- as it is quite generous in our current time where 'no work; no pay' is the industry dogma. In the meantime, they may probably moonlight to augment their salaries.

I would personally recommend that they just dance with the tune for now and hope that when business picks-up (after the technical issue is settled), then, they'll be the first to be considered for the positions....

These are real tough times....

2801:clap:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    3 weeks is not justifiable.How can you be loyal when you are starving?
    aaahhh, capitalist always win this case.Poor employees.Anyway, that still depends on what is really written on that sh#$ of sheet of paper known as contract between the employer and the employee.Goodluck nalang!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Get a lawyer.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MPower View Post
    Get a lawyer.
    mahirap nga yan, how can you pay your bills etc kung 1/3 lqng ang ibigay sayo.

tama si bossing Mpower, seek a lawyers advice.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    bakit nga ba ganyan ang call center industry? yun bilas ko pumasok sa isang call center dito sa Ortigas emerald.

there were about 50 of them per batch, pinagtrabaho for a week, pina-close sila each ng at least 1 deal sa overseas customer, tapos hindi binayaran and all this under the guise, na trainee lang daw sila at hindi sila nakapasa. add to that they were required to pay P550 each for medical exam.

dapat i-watchout ang ganito klase employers. imagine making a buck out of call center hopefuls. pinagkaperahan na (by closing deals) tapos ni hindi man lang binigyan ng allowance man lang. add to that pumartner pa sa isang clinic for 550 medical exam.

550 x 50 = 27,500 per week. nakalimutan ko na yun pangalan ng kumpanya tatanong ko ulit

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    walang kwenta yung company nung friend mo pre.. dapat during the duration of three weeks naghanap na sya ng work kung walang binding contract between them (kaso lang meron yata?).

Your friend's company should have a contingency plan pag nawalka ang connection... di sila papasa sa ISO nyan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Help!Job only going to pay 1/3 salary for the days the connection was down for 2 week