New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    What I would do when I go up an unfamiliar mountain pass is look for a pacecar. Someone to just keep up with decent pace but with experience.
    A 100hp grandia driven by a local is fast enough to hold the pace of a 250hp suv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A 100 hp (or less) Defender on nearly bald all-terrain tires driven by a local is fast enough to hold the pace of a 250 hp sports sedan.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    A 100 hp (or less) Defender on nearly bald all-terrain tires driven by a local is fast enough to hold the pace of a 250 hp sports sedan.
    It could be worse. My dad was overtaken by an Innova driven by local whilst in a BMW 730d. It was going down kennon road at 5am though.

He just followed the innova to down kennon. You can already assume what happens after Head On Collision Baguio 2/13/2016

Last edited by viper888; February 23rd, 2016 at 10:16 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2009

A 100hp grandia driven by a local is fast enough to hold the pace of a 250hp suv.

pero yung supercars ng mga tiga-royale e hinold (as in literal na hold) yung pace ng baguio traffic.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    yebo, you misappreciated the doctrine. it applies only when BOTH parties are negligent.
    having the right of way is also the responsibility of exercising any effort to avoid a collision, failing that is deemed negligence? in such an event, will comparative or 'proportionate fault' come into play by any chance?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What I would do when I go up an unfamiliar mountain pass is look for a pacecar. Someone to just keep up with decent pace but with experience.

This is the usual case when i drive up Kennon Road late at night; It's either i'm following someone or someone is keeping pace with me. In both cases, neither show any intent to pass and in several cases my "bye bye" busina pa when we reach the Baguio General Hospital junction.

I also noticed that pag may kasabay ako na mukhang hindi tiga dun, either mabagal sila na ayaw magpa-overtake or sobrang aggressive na atat na atat mauna.

BTW, the Grandia (even the old ones with the 3.0L non-turbo engine) can be hard to keep up with when driven by a driver who knows the roads and utilizes the power band well.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    This is the usual case when i drive up Kennon Road late at night; It's either i'm following someone or someone is keeping pace with me. In both cases, neither show any intent to pass and in several cases my "bye bye" busina pa when we reach the Baguio General Hospital junction.

I also noticed that pag may kasabay ako na mukhang hindi tiga dun, either mabagal sila na ayaw magpa-overtake or sobrang aggressive na atat na atat mauna.

BTW, the Grandia (even the old ones with the 3.0L non-turbo engine) can be hard to keep up with when driven by a driver who knows the roads and utilizes the power band well.
    yung problema lang sa "following someone" e kung baguio local yan e malamang pinagbigyan ka na dahil alam nyang mas mabilis ang pacing mo. so overtake ka na rin pero kelangan mo rin bilisan pa yung pace mo kesa sa dati dahil ikaw naman ngayon ang bubuntutan nya.

kapag mapapansin nating lahat, madalas yung paggamit ng right turn signal to show your intent of giving way to the one following you. kung minsan, lalu na kung foggy, may kasama ring hand signal yung driver. so kung baguio local (or anyone who knows the unwritten rule of mountain driving), wag kang maiinip dahil naghihintay lang ng tyempo yung tao na safe kang umovertake.

btw, kahit yung lumang commuter na 2.4 liter (2L diesel) maganda rin ang gearing for mountain climbing kahit puno ng pasahero.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910