New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You just answered the question... as soon as sales plummet... which they might never.

And they're attempting to use the Crosswind to penetrate other markets... Chevy Crosswind, anyone?
    Nyah! Really? Without updating their engine?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Non-CRDi Starex, haven't a clue, honestly. But if it's still based on borrowed Mitsu architecture (even if it's internally developed), than it's probably SOHC or DOHC, and more modern still. Alam siguro yun ni OTEP...

It's the American motto - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Isuzu's ancient engine architecture works on third world diesel, has no fancy parts that need expensive maintenance, and lasts forever. That's what makes them the darling of the Jeepney set (4BA1, anyone?) and the bane of the greenie-set. How our Crosswind actually passes emissions for 2000 and up vehicles (it's smoked since day one), I'll never know.

It's why American manufacturers stuck to OHV for their domestic gas motors for so long. While they didn't produce as much power-per-displacement as the Japanese SOHCs and DOHCs because of their less flexible valvetrain, they were cheap to build and simple to maintain, which enamored American autos to the fleet buyers. Now that American manufacturers have lost the edge due to declining fleet sales, they're starting to go for more sophisticated motors and are now catching up.

As long as Isuzu can survive off of commercial sales and engine sales to industrial buyers, there's no reason for them to stop building their own OHV motors. They fulfill the needs of commercial buyers. Cheap to buy, easy to maintain. Who cares if they're underpowered and smoky?

Of course, Isuzu has their own sophisticated CRDi engines, but they're reserved for more expensive products, as people seem to still be willing to buy their older engines.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XUV-AT2002 View Post
    I am using bioactive (1 bot for every full tank) for my 2002 xwind A/T for the last 3 full tanks already. Instantly the smoke emission at idle speed was gone and the obvious thick smoke when accelerating was reduce significantly (hindi na na kakahiya na parang nag fogging versus dengue lamok)
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    my bro-in-law has a hi-lander, everytime they come over pag start nya ng hi-lander nya, di naman maitim ang usok pero ang sakit sa ilong nung amoy. i have 2 94 hi-ace 2L diesel engine pero hindi naman ganun ang amoy ng usok kahit i-idle ko pa ng 5 mins. Just this morning i followed in traffic a crosswind, ganun din ang amoy, ang sakit sa ilong, kahit sa trooper ganun din. tapos ang tagal pa mawala ng amoy... every 5k naman sya change oil, and everyday cabuyao to manila ang byahe, so wala masyadong carbon sa exhaust system yun, pero on idle his tail pipe emits very light white smoke, tipong titigan mo tsaka mo lang mapapansin may usok.
    Naalala ko tuloy ang isang interview ni Mandy Moore last week, I think.

She bought an 'old' Benz running on 'biodiesel'. What's the biggest attaction?
    According to her,- the exhaust smells like 'Korean Barbeque'.....

1801:fuzzy:

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    ka contemporary ng (4D56 engine) ride ko but no black smoke. Proper maintenance will do the trick

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Wala bang performance air filters na pwedeng gamitin sa Crosswind, try removing the air filter and see if the smoke can be lessened.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    OEM air filter ang gamit ko, P500+ compared to replacement na less than 200 petot nakataya naman ang injectors ko . walang usok, FC improved to 13+ kms/li compared to replacement type na kahit bagong oil change mausok pa rin, hirap humatak and bumaba FC -parang sakal / bitin sa hangin.

sa oil and fuel filter okay naman sa kin ang Bosch.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Agree, good air filter is a big thing for diesels, you can compare them one by one and see how the smoke goes. Sir XTO what brand yang gamit mo.

How about K&N or APEXi wala kaya silang available for Crosswind.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Best Value sir at Jayson's in A. Rivera Tondo Mla.

nagtanung ako K&N sa Speedlab, almost 2K+!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    Best Value sir at Jayson's in A. Rivera Tondo Mla.

nagtanung ako K&N sa Speedlab, almost 2K+!

sir xto, iyung pong tinanong ninyong filter for crosswind- drop in or external pang modified ? Last time i called them sabi nila kasi wala pa filter availbale for crosswind. though, medyo matagal na rin po na tumawag ako sa kanila.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Xer, actually si Stella nakausap ko noon at 4.5K pala ang drop-in at 7.5K yung open/ cone type for crosswind. Kaya lang nawala na gana ko alamin kung meron or walang stock dahil sa presyo

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
hanep talaga Isuzu Crosswind Sportivo [bagong-bago]