New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i might not be driving a sportivo.but i noticed that..sometimes it depends on the diesel fuel you load. i gas up at the same gas station but sometimes iba ang performance ng car, eventhough same gas station, same gas pump, etc. so partly it is the diesels ffuel at fault..

next would be that isuzu is really a smoke belcher.

3rd...the SA also recommended in taking out the catalytic filter..kasi as per SA its one of the causes of smoke belching at abrupt speeds...(the particles gets stuck and accumulates in the filter if the auto is not driven fast for a given timeframe and when you step on the gas pedal...yun...it is forced out so comes out the black haze.)

yes...bioactiv does help as well as biofuels as mentioned here.

i guess the only way to know if we get better diesel fuels here.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The good thing about this smokey 4ja1 is when you are up against a reckless tricycle or jeepney driver. Just drive ahead, slow down a bit to make sure he's directly behind you, give your accelerator a pump, and instant smoke screen and anti-dengue fumingation.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also remember a topic here regarding where you fill up for fuel. Where you fill up matters, since some unscrupulous gas stations have adulterated or impure diesels (mixed with water, kerosine, etc.), therefore leading to smoke belching, poor diesel engine performance, and costly repairs.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseler View Post
    The good thing about this smokey 4ja1 is when you are up against a reckless tricycle or jeepney driver. Just drive ahead, slow down a bit to make sure he's directly behind you, give your accelerator a pump, and instant smoke screen and anti-dengue fumingation.
    hahaha..bad boy.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseler View Post
    You're not the only one! Madaming tailgaters dito even on the freeways. One night there was this Ford Focus behind me. I'm on the freeway going to LAX, and nobody is around just me and that Focus. Biruin mo, sa likod ko pa siya nagpunta, at bumuntot! Ayun I stepped a bit more on the pedal just enough to maintain speed but create smoke!

Needless to say dumistansiya rin si loko

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    isnt the the direct injection diesel engine newer than the indirect diesel engine? isnt the non CRDi starex and indirect injection engine? if so why then is the isuzu more prone to smoke belching?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    isnt the the direct injection diesel engine newer than the indirect diesel engine? isnt the non CRDi starex and indirect injection engine? if so why then is the isuzu more prone to smoke belching?
    Because the Isuzu engine isn't just indirect injection. It's OHV, which means there's a single cam profile for all engine conditions (and they're probably ground for low rpm work) and there's no ECU, so it can't adjust to changing conditions. Most other diesels are now DOHC, and have electronic controls.

It's like comparing a Toyota VVTi to a Toyota 2TG engine. Sure, they're both non-direct injection systems, but they're nothing alike.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oh well, as long as Isuzu is still able to sell the Crosswind and its many different variants with the same jurassic powerplant, i don't think many substantial changes will come its way. a few years back, we suggested to a friend then connected with Isuzu Phil to suggest an upgrade of the current engine with that of the Fuego's, or at least something more powerful (and less smokey). his reply, that won't happen, coz it's still selling quite well.

when is its replacement due anyways?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    oh well, as long as Isuzu is still able to sell the Crosswind and its many different variants with the same jurassic powerplant, i don't think many substantial changes will come its way. a few years back, we suggested to a friend then connected with Isuzu Phil to suggest an upgrade of the current engine with that of the Fuego's, or at least something more powerful (and less smokey). his reply, that won't happen, coz it's still selling quite well.

when is its replacement due anyways?
    You just answered the question... as soon as sales plummet... which they might never.

And they're attempting to use the Crosswind to penetrate other markets... Chevy Crosswind, anyone?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Because the Isuzu engine isn't just indirect injection. It's OHV, which means there's a single cam profile for all engine conditions (and they're probably ground for low rpm work) and there's no ECU, so it can't adjust to changing conditions. Most other diesels are now DOHC, and have electronic controls.

It's like comparing a Toyota VVTi to a Toyota 2TG engine. Sure, they're both non-direct injection systems, but they're nothing alike.
    the NON CRDI starex engine is what i was talking bout.. wouldnt the isuzu engine be a newer version of the diesel engine of the NON CRDi era?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
hanep talaga Isuzu Crosswind Sportivo [bagong-bago]