New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    OT:

On checkpoints: When Negros was still a hotbed of communist insurgents (way back in the 80's), there were a lot of checkpoints. I remember one such night when my dad and I are going home to the farm from the city.

On the city limits, there was a police checkpoint.

Somewhere in between our house and the city was an army checkpoint.

Around 8 kilometers (municipal outskirts) from our home was another army checkpoint.

Clearly puzzled with so many army checkpoints, my dad called the local army detachment commander the next morning. The official denied any checkpoint outside his jurisdiction. Just as then my mother butted in on the conversation ..........

NPA checkpoint yun!

They all had a good laugh ........

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Pero ang kotse kasi is an extension of your house
    Correct, without a search warrant, the police cannot "search" your car. Not unless you provide them with "clues" to do so. Lasing ka, praning ka, bangag ka.

Yari ka.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    di ka pwede basta pababain sa checkpoint kung wala silang dahilan.. di rin pwede i search yung sasakyan pag checkpoint.. hanggang tingin lang sila..
    I know that now, what happened to me was in the mid '90s, thinking back, was stupid to allow them to serach my car

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Dati tinatakbuhan ko ang police kasi takot ako sa police. Pero ngayon pag pinatigil ako, tumitigil na ko kasi mas trigger happy na mga police ngayon compared to the 90s. Baka mamaya bigla pa kong ratratin. hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Seriously, is this the name of the police PO1

Nabatid na minamaneho ni Alon ang itim na Mitsubishi Montero Sport (UZI-388) na sinasabing pagewang-gewang ang pagmamaneho kaya sinita ni PO1 Khevin-Klein Bueno ng Muntinlupa City PNP.
    Woot-woot ..........
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 26th, 2014 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Insert Quote

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    At least it's not Calvin Klein. I really don't get the Pinoy penchant for adding/removing H in names

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    di ka pwede basta pababain sa checkpoint kung wala silang dahilan.. di rin pwede i search yung sasakyan pag checkpoint.. hanggang tingin lang sila..
    I agree. That is the rule. But common sense dictates that at 3am, better to just let them so you can go on your way. The more you argue, ikaw rin naman maabala. Malamang may checkpoint yan kasi may report ng nakawan or something. Just take note of time, place & names of police just in case.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Naglalabasan na yung mga nabiktima din ng hulidap dahil dun sa case nung sa EDSA. Could it be that this case is a failed hulidap? Mukang matinong tao yung Tim Alon na pinatay based sa mga comments eh.

EXCL: 'Hulidap' victims in Pasig recount ordeal | ABS-CBN News

Besides, 'hot car' yung montero then 'nakuhaan' ng drugs. Typical drug-bust-operation-kuno ng hulidapers.
    Last edited by leodawesome; September 11th, 2014 at 06:11 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Drugs and gun seem planted.

By law and jurisprudence a car is NOT an extension of the home but it does not mean that law enforcement officer's can just arbitrarily open and search your car. They can only legally conduct a visual search (flashlight search - "plain view" doctrine) on what is plainly seen inside your car. They cannot even compel you to open your glove compartment, center console and trunk. If they insist in checking the glove box and you got nothing to be afraid about get their names and inform them that as per the Rules on Conduct of Checkpoints (it's an official PNP Handbook/Manual) this is illegal but you will comply to show that you cooperated with them.

I used this tactic in 3 checkpoints already (checkpoint at Katipunan flyover beside Ateneo, checkpoint at Mindanao Avenue and checkpoint at Dagupan City during an election season) and usually when the police hears that you know their protocol they just wave you off.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Report: Mitsubishi salesman shot by cops negative for gunshot residue
    04 Nov 2014

About two months ago, the police shooting of Mitsubishi car salesman Timothy James Alon left people scratching their heads. Initially labeled as a "carnapper" by the police, Alon was gunned down for driving a supposedly "hot car," a black Mitsubishi Montero Sport with plate number UZI-388. The police then revealed that Alon possessed four sachets of a substance believed to be shabu and a gun inside the SUV. The gun, according to the cops, was used by Alon to shoot at authorities during the chase.

What crime was Alon really up to that led the cops to gun him down on El Grande Avenue in Las Piñas?

The truth eventually revealed itself: Alon was not a car thief. The midsize SUV he was driving belonged to him and was not stolen.

And now the National Bureau of Investigation has revealed that Alon tested negative for gunshot residue, according to PhilStar.com. Now, what does this imply? A negative result for such a test means that the person was not near a gun when it was fired.

The news site further reports that NBI death investigation unit head Joel Tovera said that they had filed murder charges with the Department of Justice against 10 policemen and two civilians involved in the shooting.

Another news organization, ABS-CBN, has reported that witnesses claim that Alon did not fire a gun from his window. A CCTV footage also backs this claim, showing that Alon did not even open his window. ABS-CBN further says that a 10-minute CCTV footage is missing.

The NBI also notes that the police should only arrest--and not kill--an individual caught in possession of a handgun and prohibited drugs, according to PhilStar.com.

Like we said, something was obviously amiss in this incident. Be careful on the road, everyone!
    Report: Mitsubishi salesman shot by cops negative for gunshot residue | TopGear.com.ph

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast