New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    guys, i was just thinking if you were stopped by a traffic enforcer and you know that it is a kotong operation, why not show the traffice enforcer that you are recording your conversation through your cellphone camera. ask your passenger to video your conversation. i think this will discourage the enforcer to cite any wild and creative violation.

comments please....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by themann
    guys, i was just thinking if you were stopped by a traffic enforcer and you know that it is a kotong operation, why not show the traffice enforcer that you are recording your conversation through your cellphone camera. ask your passenger to video your conversation. i think this will discourage the enforcer to cite any wild and creative violation.

comments please....
    maybe... but you also have to record on video your actual "traffic violation" just to compare what the traffic enforcer is citing you with is the same.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    baka lalong mainis lang yung officer pag ganyan... ayoko i try yan..

what i usually do.. deadma lang...isa akong DEADMA!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i've tried a scheme diyan.

pag talagang may violation ako, i just take the damnable ticket.

pero pag obvious kotong operation (o kaya, 50-50 kung talagang nag-violate ako) my words are: CONTEST!!

something i learned from a taxi driver, hehehe.

more often than not, if they were just out for a snack, they will not want the hassle of having to appear at the arbitration hearing etc (kasi that's time they can use to make more kotong). of course if they call you on your contest, YOU will have the hassle of appearing at the arbitration hearing (1 day's work din yun).

the key at least in my case is to be civil and polite (mas tumitigas ang mga mukha nila pag pinagalitan mo sila eh) but be firm about contesting the violation. that allows them to back off without feeling that they lost face. unless kumag talaga..

pero kung MMDA, ok lang sakin kasi pay at metrobank naman eh (walang confiscation of license).

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Kapag i-contest mo ba isang violation, what are you supposed to do at that moment other than sabihin sa kanya na i-contest mo sya? May kelangan ka ba isulat sa ticket or anything?

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    i find that if you treat the police nice, mag pakumbaba ka at the same time hindi ka magpapauto, they will back off. ive done this several times and it works. one time for not wearing a seatbelt, and the other time for having a busted headlight.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ang concern ko ay iyong mga kotong cops. iyon garapal ang usap sa iyo. i think this could be used to "unmask" their evil doings, or better as deterrent. furthermore, if you want to contest how they are asking for some grease money or how disrespectful / arrogant they are during that incident.

good idea if accosted by traffic enforcer...