New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    goon squad na agad?

pgma is the head of state of a fairly large nation... where do y'all want her to eat? piggly wiggly's? mcdonalds? come on... we're getting angry because a dozen elected officials went out to dinner in a fancy restaurant, big deal. we elected them. in fact, we went to people power to seat GMA.

yeah yeah yeah that talk about how many mouths that money would have fed... bullshit. if we all follow that analogy, maybe we should sell our hondas and donate the money to charity.

i disagree with pgma on most issues, but the president is the president. would y'all prefer our president to be like the president in Lord of War, a murderer and a maniac? pgma may not be like obama, but she's a whole lot better than erap, you know. let her eat cake in the fanciest restaurants... how the nation treats its leaders shows the quality of its people
    I agree with you bro. I don't see anything wrong with this, as she did not pay for the bill. If you want her to lead by example, and have to notion of 'a lesser evil etc etc', then what? You want our president to bring her own sandwich to the restaurant?

This is a black propaganda against her, lapit na election She has done great things for this nation and have put our country back on the map. Kung si Erap pa ang presidente at ngayong may recession..pupulutin tayong lahat sa kangkungan.

Kung talagang makabayan tayo..gayahin natin korea ..benta nyo lahat ng alahas at kotse nyo at ibigay sa mga mahihirap.. kaya nyo? Hindi rin ba kayo nakokonsensya na bumibili kayong ng magagarang sasakyan.. nagpapamodify etc.. isang set ng mags e pwede ipangkain ng isang pamilya ng 2 buwan, at yung nagastos nyo sa sounds na 200k e bahay na ng isang pamilya? Wag na tayong magmalinis, pare pareho lang tayong walang malasakit.. basta tayo maginhawa.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJazz View Post
    I agree with you bro. I don't see anything wrong with this, as she did not pay for the bill. If you want her to lead by example, and have to notion of 'a lesser evil etc etc', then what? You want our president to bring her own sandwich to the restaurant?

This is a black propaganda against her, lapit na election She has done great things for this nation and have put our country back on the map. Kung si Erap pa ang presidente at ngayong may recession..pupulutin tayong lahat sa kangkungan.

Kung talagang makabayan tayo..gayahin natin korea ..benta nyo lahat ng alahas at kotse nyo at ibigay sa mga mahihirap.. kaya nyo? Hindi rin ba kayo nakokonsensya na bumibili kayong ng magagarang sasakyan.. nagpapamodify etc.. isang set ng mags e pwede ipangkain ng isang pamilya ng 2 buwan, at yung nagastos nyo sa sounds na 200k e bahay na ng isang pamilya? Wag na tayong magmalinis, pare pareho lang tayong walang malasakit.. basta tayo maginhawa.
    Sir medyo mali ka yata dito hindi po ako against dun sa mga opinyun nyo pero sa dulo kasi medyo mali. kasi yung ginagastos ko sa sasakyan ko eh ipon at pera ko, pinaghirapan ko po ito, hindi po ito pera ng bayan, na taxpayers ang nagbabayad. siguro po kung pera ng bayan ang gagamitin ko sa sasakyan ko eh bibili na po ako ng eroplano o kaya helicopter pang bili ng pandesal sa kanto. medyo lumiko kayo sir.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    She has done great things for this nation and have put our country back on the map.
    mawalang galang na po at baka nalilito kayo. hindi po ang nasirang si presidente cory aquino ang pinag uusapan natin. yun isa pa pong babaeng presidente...yung pandak :peace:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Hhmmmm.... magandang usapan ito..... Pero, papaano na ang tax na ibinabayad namin ng misis ko? Dapat ay naiipon namin ito para sa pag-aaral ng aming mga anak at para sa pagpapa-ospital pag matanda na kami....Sana ay nagagamit ito ng tama ng ating pamahalaan......

explorer,- hindi kaya nasamid iyan, bro.?..... :hysterical:

8404:duel:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer View Post
    Kaya pala hindi maiwan-iwan ni Fat Bastard si Pandak...mahaba ang dila, hehehe :naughty2:

Kulang na lang yung buhok na ahas dun sa pic ah. She reminds me so much of Medusa

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    gentlemen, the media can manipulate you (us) to feel one way or the other against anybody they want. in this case it's the president. so while we stew here going apeshit on a 20,000 dollar dinner, media moguls are counting their money and asking themselves, hmmm, who are we going slander next? why, the presdient of course! she's such an easy target because she represents the will of the people! what better way to subtly insult the people than to call the president's attention on every little thing? thank god pinoys are so gullible they can be swayed to think alike to command, because they are unable to think for themselves unless the news anchors and willy revillame do it for them.

we should respect the presidency and the position it entails. you can respect the person behind it at your option, but respect for the position is mandatory.

i was angry at erap for doing what he did during his presidency, but i cried a little inside when news showed him leaving in a stupid boat. what an undignified exit for a former president. but what can we do? the will of the people now belonged to someone else. even so, i felt bad, because the "former" will of the people (god how fickle we are, no?) is now crossing the pasig river in a little boat, instead of a limo.

so now we're here at this million peso dinner thingy. no matter what i think of GMA as a person, i still would like my president to dine in absolute dignity and grace. the fact that its expensive should not even matter. would y'all like her to eat a 1,000$ burger alone in her room, nahihiya kasi andaming squatter sa bansa like that picture above? is not the president's fault na andaming nakatira sa gilid ng pasig river... sino ba maysabing tumira sila dun? don't you even appreciate the fact that our president represented us as cosmopolitan and able to dine and appreciate fine cuisine, instead of going out and dining * a $10 buffet?

bad or good, i want my president out there, instead of inside a room, fearful of what the people will say about her dinner choices. what she does after her presidency is up to her and is her business. she can go to jail for all i care, but while she's sitting there, i can only give my respect, as a patriot.

sorry, long post hihihi :P

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro., I assume here that you are an ordinary citizen and an honest taxpayer....

If you are, then you know where our money got flushed....

8404:duel:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    maybe we should sell our hondas and donate the money to charity.

if our country comes to that situation then I will...but if you see people in the gov't spend that much on a "simple" dinner...then there is no way in hell that I will part with my money to help the gov't..not a single cent.

I guess the two of you conveniently forget one thing we are not public officials, we can spend our money that we have worked hard for in whatever way we want. we can spend our money w/o the people thinking that it came from the nation's coffer, we are not the one who gave long speeches that we are pro poor and will alleviate their lives, we are not one who has to built relationship with the poor to get their votes.

do I need to say more?

1987 CONSTITUTION OF THE PHILIPPINES
    (ARTICLE XI)
    ACCOUNTABILITY OF PUBLIC OFFICERS
    Section 1. Public Office is a public trust. Public officers and employees must at
    all times be accountable to the people, serve them with utmost responsibility, integrity,
    loyalty, and efficiency, act with patriotism and justice, and lead modest lives.
    Last edited by shadow; August 12th, 2009 at 10:47 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hm... on a different note, why does GMA receive all the flak, while the congressman who footed the bill or the other members of her delegation who attended the dinner receive nary a criticism? I guess her position and track record makes her a convenient target.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess it will not be an issue if it’s the head of Switzerland, PM of Britain, sultan of Brunei or PM of Singapore, bec their countries are rich, they did their jobs to uplift the lives of their citizens, and they are not know to be corrupt.
    The problem is our beloved President came from a 3rd world country, poverty and hunger are evident all over the country. Tapos sila kakain lang ng “simple” dinner for US$20k.
    kung walang naghihirap dito at hinde sikat sa corruption ang mga tao sa government natin at ginagawa muna nila ang trabaho nila ng tama, kahit saan sila kumain kahit magkano hinde magkaka roon ng issue...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
GMA's ,000 Dinner At NY's Le Cirque