New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The spare tires are easy to remove. Some theives just kick them to displace the tire a bit. Some thieves deflate the tire to allow it to move freely. Some thieves have a 'key' similar to the one in the Fort's toolkit which allows them to operate the hand winch and lower the tire. They do not need to fully lower the tire, just enough to remove the metal bracket.

Forts are easy targets. There are so many of them on the road and most of their owners are not really into cars, hence most of them don't realize the need for a spare tire lock. The Solex spare tire lock that fits the Fortuner costs around Php500 in Banawe.

Usually naman, merong mga alarms yan di ba? Konting tabig mo nga lang sa kotse, aatungal na yung alarm. It would mean na di kanila yung vehicle. Lalo na kung paulit-ulit na yung alarm.
    The alarm is designed to prevent theft of the vehicle - not the accessories attached to it (e.g. badges, hubcaps, spare tires, side mirrors).

pare diba pwedeng ireprogram ang isang alarm? tipong iduduplicate iyong program ng alarm mo ng magnanakaw? baka ganun ang nangyari.
    Pwede din ito kasi pina-clone ko yung Autopage ko sa isang tindahan sa Banawe na hindi naman acreddited sa Autopage. But for the Fortuner, wala pa kong nababalitaang na-clone na transmitter (that's why carjacking is still the most popular method of stealing Fortuners). If they did, they could have just stolen items inside the vehicle or the vehicle itself.

My take on it is that all these owners of stolen tires should file a class action suit against Toyota for designing unsecured spare tire bays.
    The Fortuner's tire carrier is of a conventional design used in numerous other vehicles made by other manufacturers. It just so happens that stolen Fort spare tires are easier to dispose and sell for a higher price.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Ang pathetic talaga ng ibang tao, pati sparetire tinitira.

The first thing police should've done is to look out for shops selling sparetires. For sure naman, dun babagsak ang mga yan e.

Tsong kahit sa mga bulok na rim ng trak tinitirA similar ang pwesto with fortuner.

Mas discreet pa nga yang sa ilalim mas nakawin

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    sa dami ng ninakawan ng spare tires d kaya isa grupo lng to tapos ibebenta nila per set para hindi halata?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i'm not familiar with the spare tire lowering mechanism of the Fort.. pareho lang ba sa Innova? i checked naman the mechanism and di mo naman ma-lower yun tire unless bukas yun back and susungkitin yun pang lower e diba? so pano nila nagagawa yun?

and the spare tire lock.. pwede ba gamitin ang ordinary padlocks lang? how? pix would help..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maka apat ka na spare tire aba malaki laking pera yan.....sa hirap talaga ng buhay.....sa mall of asia naman natira yung sa bossing ng brother ko...fortuner din..meron na din daw chain & lock...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaspi11 View Post
    maka apat ka na spare tire aba malaki laking pera yan.....sa hirap talaga ng buhay.....sa mall of asia naman natira yung sa bossing ng brother ko...fortuner din..meron na din daw chain & lock...
    houdini na ata yan mga fortuner spare tire nappers na yan ah, sa guarded parking lot tapos may chain and lock, nakuha pa din. parang walang time pressure

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    hala?! may chain and lock na nakuha pa? pano kaya Modus ng mga yan?

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ganyan talaga di lang sa 4tuners, pati yung FX, L2 at rangers ng company namin nawawalan ng spare tire...lintek na mga kawatan!!!

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chorizo View Post
    Hi guys just a friendly warning.

2 hours ago my office mate found out the spare tire of her fortuner was missing. Her driver called her up when he discovered it and she went ballistic. We had a good laugh about it because it seemed silly. When I got home I thought what the heck and dipped my head under the rear of my fortuner. F*CK IT WAS MISSING TOO!

We both park in a secured office building at the corner of herrera and ayala. We still haven't established the exact date we lost the tires and we are not certain if it did occur in the building. My car has been in the garage since sunday coz my family and I flew to boracay. I only drove it to work today, Greenbelt 2 car park for lunch and Mandarin Hotel for cocktails. My wife only recalls taking the car to Shang mall, megamall and greenhills during the past week. I know our tires are covered by the insurance but to save ourselves the hassle in the future I advice everyone to get a decent lock for the spare tires.

Thats all folks.

BTW, the chains are in one piece and so is the bracket. I don't know how they did it but they did. HASSLE!

I'm sorry to hear what happened.

The spare tire lock was the first accessory I bought for my unit. I hope it's enough to deter theives.

Being the usual paranoid....may balita ba na nakukuha parin with a spare tire lock?

Mine is like this:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    thanks for sharing the pic.

but it seems difficult to install

and very troublesome to unlock.

how much is the lock anyway?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Fortuner Spare Tire Thefts