New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pare diba pwedeng ireprogram ang isang alarm? tipong iduduplicate iyong program ng alarm mo ng magnanakaw? baka ganun ang nangyari.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ^^^ Ang reprogramming ng alarm, ginagawa mismo with the keyfob, usually by a knowledgeable technician

Baka may code-grabber yung magnanakaw, tapos na-clone yung frequency at na-disarm yung alarm. Pag chipipay ang alarm mo, madali lang yun. Harder to grab pag Clifford or Viper

Pero hindi pa naman high-tech mga carnapper natin dito eh

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Just an update.

Last night I spoke to my bro-in-law who owns a fortuner too. I warned him about the incident and told him to get a lock. Ironically yesterday afternoon he overheard two people in the elevator of Citibank tower in makati talking about how they lost the spare tires of their Forts. He overheard them analyzing that it could have been during their lunch trips around makati.

So as of today, 4 people (including me) have no spare tires and all of us work in makati. Ingat nalang.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    mga bros and sis, maging alisto tayo. may mga jologs na naman na nagnanakaw ng gulong ng mga Fortuner.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Mga pre, saan po ba nakalagay ang spare tires ng Fortunner? Di kaya tinira ito nung pinapaservice ninyo ito sa CASA or sa favorite ninyong talyer? Nangyayari iyon mga pards.
    At least in my case, I stil have to bring my car in to the CASA for its 20K PMS. The last time my car saw the CASA was months ago. Its been home-office-malls(ortigas and makati) only for me the last two weeks. I personally washed the car three weeks ago and I still saw it there.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    madali kasi kuhanin ang spare tire ng fortuner, sobra taas eh.

i guess that's the disadvantage of a car with very high ground clearance

I suppose 4x4 pickups are also targets.
    Paano nila nakuha ang spare gulong? Did they cut the chain?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Spare tire theft is already an old practice... nabiktima na rin ako when my pick-up was just sa few weeks old some years ago. Ironically napansin ko lang when i was going to put the chain i bought to secure it. ;P I used the Master brand chain with palstic cover to the chain from moisture and a Solex hard lock.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    The same thing happened with our Innova ang masakit pa dito eh sa labas pa ng house namin tinira.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    magkano fortuner spare tire ngaun sa banawe? bagsakan din ng mga nakaw yun e.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: My friend's spare tire in his brand new Innova was also stolen. He went to Blumentritt Manila and he saw a lot of these tires and mags are being sold for 4K each, even for Fortuners.

My take on it is that all these owners of stolen tires should file a class action suit against Toyota for designing unsecured spare tire bays.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Fortuner Spare Tire Thefts