New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A picture is worth a thousand words... for all we know the Fortuner fell from the sky sideways and landed on the jeep in a perpendicular angle. :D
    Last edited by vinj; December 23rd, 2005 at 01:38 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    This actually happened in front of the British Academy, in front of Asia Medic. At Kostal Wet & Dry Market. I live in the subdivision pretty close to where it happened. From what I heard, two people died, and many were injured. At the Kostal Wet & Dry market, lots of jeeps stop there to pick up n drop off passengers, and lots of vehicles overtake at that point, since there's so many jeeps. But my area, lots of ppl overtake, and go into the oncoming traffic.. usually in the mornings..but afternoons not too many do that since there's more cars.

From what I heard, 2 died, and it occured during an overtake. The Jeepney had many passengers. Not sure though, if one of them went into the oncoming traffic lanes to overtake. That part of the aguinaldo highway though, is where cars speed up, since it's open road for a little while. But the ppl there said it was head on. The driver of the jeep died of the crash, from what i heard.

Ingat lang tayo sa road, and always wear ur seatbelt, it can save your life. Sayang ang buhay.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ingat lang at syempre mag-ingat lang lagi. can't anything but that.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have a strange feeling thats the same fortuner that 'cut' me last week and I almost hit the driver side. Bwisit dyan sa Aguinaldo. Kung sino yung malalaki ang sasakyan sila yung sugapa at astig. Ang hilig nilang sumingit!! Ganun din sa mga jeep dyan!

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    So far they havent run it (no pun intended) through the "metro" section of the main newspapers. Maybe the smaller tabloids might have already???

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jim
    I have a strange feeling thats the same fortuner that 'cut' me last week and I almost hit the driver side. Bwisit dyan sa Aguinaldo. Kung sino yung malalaki ang sasakyan sila yung sugapa at astig. Ang hilig nilang sumingit!! Ganun din sa mga jeep dyan!

The fortuner may appear to be a bulky vehicle. But dont be fooled by its
    towering looks. Coz the fortuner is actually light, the 3.0 v variant equipped
    with a 4x4 tranny only weigh at 2510 kg. Our '96 L200 4x2 weighs at 2700kg while our hilux 4x2 weigh at 2650kg.

It makes me wonder how much the 2.7litre 4x2 weigh?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Let's just hope the owner of the Fortuner does not visit Tsikot and post "Fortuner airbags unreasonably deployed"... tsk

T-bone nga talaga... badtrip kung ikaw jeepney driver, 50/50 ka sa ganyang accident.

Imus and Dasma, based on my own experiences everytime I visit these places... Road hazards are everywhere. When I ride a jeep and commute, mostly harurutan... talo pa mga motorsiklo,talagang magiislide ko from the rear of the jeepney upto the back of the driver.Pag private transpo naman, andaming sasakyan na biglang nangka-cut, mga mala-ahas, mga wang-wangero para makacounterflow in groups pero green plated naman... basta ingat lang. Sa bagay hindi lang naman sa particular na mga lugar na 'to makakakita at makakaexperience ng ganyan, buong Pilipinas meron.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sa ganyan kahit mag ingat ka kung oras mo oras mo.

katulad nang isang giyera kahit mag ingat ka wag tamaan nang bala pero kahit saan naman nagsusulputan ang bala balewala ang pag iingat mo.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakikita ko nga ito dito sa imus sa police station everyday (Pero wala na nagyon)

malas talga yan bagong bago

Sa ngayon Dalawang MB100 nandito at apat na passenger jeeps, puro mukhang may patay

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
fortuner-jeepney accident