New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Just like a firearm or a tire jack, TxtAlert is a mere tool that you really wished not to be used, more particularly in a carjacking incident. A carjacking incident, for all vehicle owners, is THE worst-case scenario that all of us prays not to be involved with. On the other hand, parking your vehicle in unfamiliar territory (mall, church, park, hotel, side-street parking, etc.; even your own garage is not safe anymore) is, more often than not, a recurring scenario.

I agree with D4D that what is of prime importance is the peace of mind that is brought in installing any anti-theft device. The "default alarm system" gives us this peace of mind... but TxtAlert brings this state to a higher and a more confident level.

Traditionally, in a fair scenario, our alarm system activates when a door is opened... but would you be instantly aware of this intrusion when you are watching a movie, or when you are in your cool office at work, or when you are strolling meters away from your car? TxtAlert or any similar device delivers this "alert status" to prompt you on your next move, whatever it is.

The default preventive measure of TxtAlert also comes in handy, and is already discussed in my review. You may opt for an upgrade like a battery back-up or another siren.

TxtAlert, merely, offers a choice.

Easy driving!

Disclaimer: This post does not intend to promote TxtAlert and is my personal opinion. I was not paid, intimidated, or harassed by its owners in posting my opinion.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    Grabe! White Plains is the southern part of QC... I do hope these carjackers don't decide to move south. Buti na lang madalas traffic sa south. Carjackers have no place to get away...
    traffic is not a deterrent for carjackers... a friend of ours experinced being carjacked while on a bumper to bumper traffic along south expressway past alabang interchange. Bigla lang daw bumaba ang armed men in front of them at inagaw ang sasakyan. wala din daw nakahalata sa ginawa nila not even the drivers beside and aound them were alarmed.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    this device has very useful functions, will certainly bring peace of mind to the owner. 1 major flaw though is Signal Jamming. if and when carnap syndicates take notice of this txtalert, im sure a portable GSM signal jammer would be chicken feed for them to acquire and carry around with them effectively disabling TxtAlert. nothing is perfect talaga, even the standard vehicle alarms are useless.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    May cons din kasi ang mga alarms gaya ng:

1. Textalert: kung nagtext sa yo unit na your engine was turned on, ano gagawin mo? Text back ka sa kanya para mag turn off at mag alarm? Eh kung naasar ang carnapper at bumaba at pinagtatadyakan car mo or pinagbabaril at umalis, are you still the proud owner of the dilapidated car? Eh kung tumatakbo na ng mabilis bago nakarating ang msg mo sa unit eh di biglang mawawalan ng control ang car? What if nasa expressway nung maimobilize? eh di wasak car mo?

2. Alarms at immobilizers: useless sa mga carjackings

3. Panic buttons to inform authorities: Lagot ka pag nagkabarilan. Kasama ka sa mga ma ru-rubout.

Alam ninyo konti na lang ang natitirang way para masecure ninyo car ninyo:

Carnapping:
    1. Prayer
    2. Comprehensive Insurance
    3. DIY kill switches (fuel pump) (Ignition)

Carjackking:
    1. Prayer
    3. DIY kill switch (fuel pump)

Sa mga nabanggit, sa insurance ka lang talagang gagastos, sa iba eh halos libre na dahil mas malupit pa sa GPS o SMS si LORD!

Heto ang fact, bakit natin masyadong pinapahalagaan ang ating mga ride up to the point na hindi tayo matahimik dahil baka macarnap o macarjack? We should not worry that much coz mas mahalaga pa ang ating buhay lalo na ang mga may pamilya na diyan tulad ko. Kaya nga tayo nagbabayad ng insurance to take care of our worries eh.

Fact: One of my rides right now was previously carnapped last 1994. Na recover after 70 days. Am still using that car pero I learned na ang worry ko na lang kung sakaling macarnap ulit is yung abala na wala kang service while the authorities are "looking" for your car.

Just my 2 cents

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jimaroquai
    May cons din kasi ang mga alarms gaya ng:

1. Textalert: kung nagtext sa yo unit na your engine was turned on, ano gagawin mo? Text back ka sa kanya para mag turn off at mag alarm? Eh kung naasar ang carnapper at bumaba at pinagtatadyakan car mo or pinagbabaril at umalis, are you still the proud owner of the dilapidated car? Eh kung tumatakbo na ng mabilis bago nakarating ang msg mo sa unit eh di biglang mawawalan ng control ang car? What if nasa expressway nung maimobilize? eh di wasak car mo?

2. Alarms at immobilizers: useless sa mga carjackings

3. Panic buttons to inform authorities: Lagot ka pag nagkabarilan. Kasama ka sa mga ma ru-rubout.

Alam ninyo konti na lang ang natitirang way para masecure ninyo car ninyo:

Carnapping:
    1. Prayer
    3. DIY kill switches (fuel pump) (Ignition)

Carjackking:
    1. Prayer
    3. DIY kill switch (fuel pump)

Sa mga nabanggit, sa insurance ka lang talagang gagastos, sa iba eh halos libre na dahil mas malupit pa sa GPS o SMS si LORD!

Heto ang fact, bakit natin masyadong pinapahalagaan ang ating mga ride up to the point na hindi tayo matahimik dahil baka macarnap o macarjack? We should not worry that much coz mas mahalaga pa ang ating buhay lalo na ang mga may pamilya na diyan tulad ko. Kaya nga tayo nagbabayad ng insurance to take care of our worries eh.

Fact: One of my rides right now was previously carnapped last 1994. Na recover after 70 days. Am still using that car pero I learned na ang worry ko na lang kung sakaling macarnap ulit is yung abala na wala kang service while the authorities are "looking" for your car.

Just my 2 cents
    Let me reiterate that we are not saying Txtalert is the Best security device but it's one of the better security device out in the market today. Yes, lahat naman ng mga security device ay may mga flaws, from radio frquencies to GSM frequencies na pwedeng ma-jam, down to the kill-switch or std alarm.

But try to think na during carjacking or carnapping incident, most of the case seconds lang ang kanilang kailangan to accomplish what they want. Meaning, pabilisan lang talaga ang labanan. Those cases na pati ung owner ng car sinasama pa during car jacking are a result of a surveillance nung carjacker at alam nila kung sino talaga yung target nila at di yung nagkataon lang.

We agree that no one can beat the security that the Lord is providing us everyday. Talagang dapat everytime esp. nowadays, umuusal tayo ng prayer for us to be always alerted by God. But on the practical side, it's still good to have a device that can delay or even prevent these carjackers to take away our beloved cars just like that.

Dun sa comment ni jimaroquai about txtalert, while ur car is moving fast and suddenly magstop yung engine, the momentum of the car is just to freewheel until tapakan nung driver ung break or hand break. Whatever happens at least di nakalayo yung carjacker. Also, don't wait too long for the car to get away from ur sight. Once nakababa ka na, tendency is to hide or find a secure place then immobilize the car at once.

What i can say is to put first your trust to God and place your life under HIs power. Put a device na sa tingin nyo ay dependable in case of carnapping or carjacking incidents and kahit papano get a reputable comprehensive insurance for it. I think this is the best combination to get a best security not only for your car but also for all of us!

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cesar
    Let me reiterate that we are not saying Txtalert is the Best security device but it's one of the better security device out in the market today. Yes, lahat naman ng mga security device ay may mga flaws, from radio frquencies to GSM frequencies na pwedeng ma-jam, down to the kill-switch or std alarm.

But try to think na during carjacking or carnapping incident, most of the case seconds lang ang kanilang kailangan to accomplish what they want. Meaning, pabilisan lang talaga ang labanan. Those cases na pati ung owner ng car sinasama pa during car jacking are a result of a surveillance nung carjacker at alam nila kung sino talaga yung target nila at di yung nagkataon lang.

We agree that no one can beat the security that the Lord is providing us everyday. Talagang dapat everytime esp. nowadays, umuusal tayo ng prayer for us to be always alerted by God. But on the practical side, it's still good to have a device that can delay or even prevent these carjackers to take away our beloved cars just like that.

Dun sa comment ni jimaroquai about txtalert, while ur car is moving fast and suddenly magstop yung engine, the momentum of the car is just to freewheel until tapakan nung driver ung break or hand break. Whatever happens at least di nakalayo yung carjacker. Also, don't wait too long for the car to get away from ur sight. Once nakababa ka na, tendency is to hide or find a secure place then immobilize the car at once.

What i can say is to put first your trust to God and place your life under HIs power. Put a device na sa tingin nyo ay dependable in case of carnapping or carjacking incidents and kahit papano get a reputable comprehensive insurance for it. I think this is the best combination to get a best security not only for your car but also for all of us!
    hello cesar, I would like you to comment regarding GSM jamming device affecting the functionality/dependability of TxtAlert and do you have any work-around this problem?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cesar
    Dun sa comment ni jimaroquai about txtalert, while ur car is moving fast and suddenly magstop yung engine, the momentum of the car is just to freewheel until tapakan nung driver ung break or hand break.
    most new cars (90s-up) uses vacuum assisted brake system, when your engine is disabled, you can't use the brake, although pwede pa yung hand brake. but with some european cars, like audi, you can't enable the hand brake while the car is in motion. so when you immobilize the car, it will definitely result in collision. wasak din ang car mo.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    now that you mention that, hindi kaya it will cause accident to other innocent motorists?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    In my review, the no. 1 character of TxtAlert is that of being GSM-dependent. Of course, just like any GSM- or signal-dependent device, a "jammer" is its arch-enemy; it is a given. Nonetheless, compared to existing anti-theft devices that operate on infra-red or short-distance remote where your presence is required, TxtAlert's dependency on GSM has far more advantages.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    pasensya na po kay sir cesar kung meron akong mga issues na na-raise tungkol sa txtalert. Ang punto ko lang naman is to make every tsikoteer enjoy their respective rides without any worry.

On more thing, depende po sa reaction ng tao kung magagawa niyang mag txt sa pinakamaikling panahon. Some people get shocked, while some get shot, some are left on a remote area, while others are likewise deprived of their belongings.

So kung binaba ka sa isang remote area without your cellphone ...worst yet without your clothes or let me say may tama ka ng baril (knock on wood) maiisip mo pa kaya na mag text sa ride mo?

Anyway, do whatever you think will give you some peace of mind.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Fortuner: Carjacked!