New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i won't risk trying to ram a blocking car...

baka barilin ka pa. fortuner lang yan. insured naman yan. papalitan naman yan ng bago (o kaya ng full cash amount kung gusto mo hehe) kung sakali.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    sana lang perfectly calm yung behind the wheel of the fortuner.

minsan kasi ganun na reaction eh, to fight instead of flight.
    It is true. Now that we are aware that such car-related crime exists and might hit you any time, presence of mind is very important. You can now frame and psyche your mind/self on what to do in case of a carjack; pati dialogue mo, i-rehearse mo na rin, , like: "Sa inyo na itong sasakyan basta huwag nyo lang kaming sasaktan. Ingat po sa driving, madulas ang kalsada, " Of course, there are instances na pati ikaw sinasama muna, to withdraw from your ATM, to ensure that you won't report the incident that fast, etc. Since alam mo na rin ang mga MO nila na ganito, mapapaghandaan mo na rin; like me, isang ATM na lang ang nasa wallet ko and I also memorize important celfone/landline numbers. If only I find a great immobilizer device, I will also include the activation of the same in my "rehearsals." Remember, these criminals are more or less "military-trained" and they also rehearse/practice their stuff to stabilize their presence of mind. And, I always pray before driving; iba na rin kasi ang may nag-ga-guide sa iyo everytime you hit the road. That's my take. Easy driving!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    I've read of this incident where the carjackers shot the owner twice at a gas station. What's up with that? They guy didn't even give a fight, and yet, he gets plugged - 2x pa!

That's the dilemma... You fight back - you get shot. You give-up your ride - you still get shot! Damned if you, damned if you don't.

The best solution, I guess, is prevention. Stay away from carjack prone areas. Never use the same route often. Choose your routes wisely when going home late. Better yet, avoid going home late...

*cesar: What's this GSM thing you're marketing? Is it for prevention, or for tracking your carjacked unit?
    Sir attend ka ng demo namin dis thurs for u to see. It's the best car security here in Phils using GSM technology. Practically cheap din sya.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cesar
    Sir attend ka ng demo namin dis thurs for u to see. It's the best car security here in Phils using GSM technology. Practically cheap din sya.
    Someone told me that this kind of car security costs P16T, inclusive of installation. Or, is your unit a lot cheaper?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    At the first impulse, carjackers will surely fire. The only safe movement you can possibly do when stopped is raise your arms and give up the vehicle.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Tama. just raise up ur hands then give the car to them, after a few meters away immobilize them! Wala na clang panahon to troubleshoot it. Unless may kasama cla to tow the car. Then wala na tayong magagawa pa dun. The only thing is to track it na lang san nila dinala.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ok, ok, si Sir Vicoyski ang official rep ng Tsikot on this demo. Bossing, paki-post na lang yung review mo ha. Let us know kung okay.

Meron din bang re-enactment yung demo na yan? Yung kunwari merong carjacker and all?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by attynorby
    And, I always pray before driving; iba na rin kasi ang may nag-ga-guide sa iyo everytime you hit the road. That's my take. Easy driving!
    Couldn't agree more. Because of our busy lives, nakakalimutan na natin ang higit na makakatulong satin in times like these. Through prayer, God gives us the wisdom and courage to face these situations.
    Don't get me wrong, dipo para lumaban o magkaroon ng lakas ng loob para banggain yung would-be assailants.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Chicane
    I don't think you can't disable all the gunmen inside the Altis with a single ram. If I was the gunmen, my first instict will be to shoot you with my M-16.

INgat na lang mga peeps. If you get carjacked, give it up. Let your insurance company figure out how to repay your car.
    kala ko kakalmutin mo mga carjackers hehe

guys, get an insurance for your vehicle para hindi ninyo maisip i-bangga sa carjacker yung auto ninyo..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    may mga fortuner na talaga na na high jacked.
    glenn na hahigh ka na ata sa canada hehe

naku palagi pa naman kami dumadaan diyan. Minsan madilim pa diyan sa white plains.

Bakit kaya hindi gawin ng pnp na magentrapment. Sumakay sila sa mga jap cars tapos rumonda with their firearms tapos pag hinarang sila ayun barilan na para mahuli at maparusahan yun mga lokolokong yan!!!

Gumagana ba yun mga panic button kasi dati pinagpipindot ko yun sa pajero namin, nagtataka ako para saan yun

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Fortuner: Carjacked!