New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    siguro naunahan ng takot.

if fortuner yan, edi banggain na niya yung car blocking them. back up a bit to gain extra space to get momentum, then ram the blocker
    at ska will you do it kng nka military uniform ang lumabas sa altis?

mas pinili lang nun victim na ibigay na lang kaysa buhay pa nila ang mawala anyway me insurance nman e.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Grabe! White Plains is the southern part of QC... I do hope these carjackers don't decide to move south. Buti na lang madalas traffic sa south. Carjackers have no place to get away...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depende din kasi sa would-be victims. Some high-risk individuals might think that the perpetrators are after them and not just their vehicle.

So the risk of getting killed while evading outweighs the possiblility of just being killed helplessly.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Pre, yung latest na na-installan namin with our device is a Fortuner. May demo kami sa thurs uli 3 Nov. Shangrila Mall parking P3 level5 at 3pm. Invite namin kung pwedeng pumunta yung nainstallan namin sa thur for u to see the actual demo. Those who are interestd to come just PM or email me to confirm ur presence.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Innova Boy's course of action MUST be the SOP in hijacking incidents. Property loss is recoverable; life loss will remain as it is, hindi mo pwedeng i-claim sa insurance to regain it. That is why the installation of a very RELIABLE immobilizer is a must... that is, if you want to prevent your vehicle from being taken away (plus, the peace of mind it gives you and your calculated response to lessen/prevent injury or loss of life) vs. the hassle of insurance claim process, etc. Fellow tsikoteers' inputs on the availability of such devices are really worth a look. It's your take. Easy driving!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I've read of this incident where the carjackers shot the owner twice at a gas station. What's up with that? They guy didn't even give a fight, and yet, he gets plugged - 2x pa!

That's the dilemma... You fight back - you get shot. You give-up your ride - you still get shot! Damned if you, damned if you don't.

The best solution, I guess, is prevention. Stay away from carjack prone areas. Never use the same route often. Choose your routes wisely when going home late. Better yet, avoid going home late...

*cesar: What's this GSM thing you're marketing? Is it for prevention, or for tracking your carjacked unit?
    Last edited by vicoyski; November 2nd, 2005 at 12:22 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yup, better give up the vehicle than risk your life and your family's life

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    if ever ba bi-nlock, san pinaka-maganda patamaan yun altis sa side o sa front corner para mag-flip sila, I guess pag flip nila, d muna makakabaril mga yun.

the problem is pano kung may back-up car yun altis.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Yup, bahala na yung insurance sa Fortuner. At bahala na rin yung Funeraria Paz dun sa katawan nung driver nung Fortuner.

I don't think you can't disable all the gunmen inside the Altis with a single ram. If I was the gunmen, my first instict will be to shoot you with my M-16.

INgat na lang mga peeps. If you get carjacked, give it up. Let your insurance company figure out how to repay your car.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    sana lang perfectly calm yung behind the wheel of the fortuner.

minsan kasi ganun na reaction eh, to fight instead of flight.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Fortuner: Carjacked!