New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz
    the good mayor of maniLA has been making life difficult for us manileno's on hi s LAST TERM. great thing that he have done to improve the lives of his subjects are the ffg:

1) a 100% increase in property tax
    2) a house in tondo w 2 bathrooms will be taxed(how true is this?)

car related
    3) a meager P30 parking fee for the 1st 3hrs,then P5(?) or P10 for every succeeding hour. its doesnt matter if your just going to eat in the establishment in front of where you parked etc. doesnt matter too if you parked your car in front of your house or shop
    4) overnight parking permit. P1000+++ for a whole year. (i think its P200 a month)
    5) parking on the right side of the road is now illegal. you get you car clamped and you have to pay P900(?) or P750 within 3 hours of clamping in the city hall then get back to the guy who clamped you w/in 3hrs. OR ELSE you get towed.

others:
    6) closing down of avenida,aggravating the traffic in downtown maniLA where jeeps et al folow an alternate route in small roads.
    7) allowing vendors to trade in carriedo. making life difficult for establishment owners there. many have closed.
    8) unregulated pedicabs. they make the streets more crowdy by counter flowing.

i guess mahirap magtimpi kung taga mayniLA ka. God bless the patient person.

sir..i know in some way, you are trying to arrive at a point that can contribute to the thread topic....but your post might just be leading this issue off track.

the point is....kahit na pikon na pikon ka na, kailangan mo magtimpi at HUWAG MAMBUGBOG AT MANAKIT NG KAPWA.

hindi point dito ang "bless the patient people" or something to that effect.

lumalabas din na hindi natin masisisi ang mga taong nambubugbog dahil sa problema sa maynila....na pinapalabas ng post mo.

but then, its just my personal view and i honestly respect yours.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    yah. violence isnt an answer to anything. that i beleive. i hope you understand how frustrating it is to be in maniLA dun sa mga points na nilagay ko(all but 1 is irrelevant to this thread). then i guess you will understand how frustrated the youths were. pero syempre,mali pa rin ang mambugbog ng parking attendant. arguing doesnt help much either.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    LOL mukhang nag rub-off sa akin yun pagbabasa ko masyado ng philosophy books...nagiging vague na din ako magpost at magsalita LOL

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Point taken naman. Not only in manila... any place or country... everywhere there are rules and laws. The only thing we can do is abide by them not buy them.

There is still no justification, of hurting somebody physically and at the end you know your folks will take care of it thru monetary... sorry... amicable settlement pala.

Patience is a virtue and a sign of maturity. But then again, we are also guilty of lossing our patience once in a while BUT to a certain extent.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    well, strike 2 na yan sa kanila...
    was a makulit kid as well when i was their age. got myself inside the "wall" as well for quite a long time. it actually set me out to the right path. i think its their time now though

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Correct ka dyan bro.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz
    yah. violence isnt an answer to anything. that i beleive. i hope you understand how frustrating it is to be in maniLA dun sa mga points na nilagay ko(all but 1 is irrelevant to this thread). then i guess you will understand how frustrated the youths were. pero syempre,mali pa rin ang mambugbog ng parking attendant. arguing doesnt help much either.

yep...i agree na napaka hirap nga talaga.may connection naman eh...baka lang ma off topic tayo..hehehe

we lived in tondo for quite sometime...the days...oh the days.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    naku talamak ang trikes sa binondo hehe

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    wala sino man ang may karapatan manakit ng iba tao unless for the purpose of self defense.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    guess the fact that they're fil-chi makes the insult somewhat more, um, insulting?

lots of native filipinos beating up innocent people around. these guys should be shot immediately...while i'm sort of an advocate on the *judicious* use of violence from time time, random and seemingly pointless violence is where i draw the line.

now having said that to address the racial issue...

i have to say that it's just plain stupid how those pinoys let themselves get beaten up like that. i'd have went down swinging, even if i'd have been outnumbered...no fricken way in hell i'd let those fil-chi guys get the better of me. if i'd go home with a broken nose/lip, i'd make sure i'd at least break a bone or two of theirs. wow, that'll look nice on the police report...one man gets beaten up by five guys, said man sends three to the hospital.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Fil-Chi Teens, nang-gulpi na naman!!!