New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    huh? foglamp installation my *55. . .it's always not their fault. . .

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Diverite View Post
    Hello everyone!

I just want to add based on personal experience with my wife's 1.8S 2006 Civic. I want to comment on the brakes and about catching fire. Around 2007 I noticed that I had a temporary loss of brakes while traveling the SSHIWAY as I was exiting Alabang. I actually had pump it several times for it to slow down and even swerve across several lanes in order to avoid slower traffic. However upon closer inspection when the brakes finally responded I saw that my floor mat was bunched up the pedals. I replaced the floor mats and this never happened to me again. Of course I'm not really sure that was the cause of the temporary loss of brakes but I thought it was worth sharing.

Secondly and more importantly the same car just last month Jan 2009 my wife and I just left the house and she was driving. We smelled something burning. We were not 5 minutes from the house than white smoke came out of the driver side aircon vents. We stopped the car and I was on the passenger side and I jumped out (my wife was driving and she also got out) and I went to the driver side. 30 secs siguro elapsed and I saw flames now shoot out of the air con vents on the driver side. My wife ran farther to look for help and I went to a nearby construction site and got two sacks of dirt. This must have taken about a minute then I saw the flames leap out of the speedometer then suddenly the bottom half of the dashboard now collapsed. Flames spewed from the bottom and also from the top now. The top flames were alreadly licking the windshield by then. I threw two bags of dirt and put the flames out.

Investigation (of course conducted by Honda) says it was because of aftermarket foglamps that were installed in the car in an "unconventional way". My two cents is this is the first time this has happened and I feel it is BS. For one the shop that installed has also installed several foglamps from my other cars throughout the years. Secondly the foglamps have been installed since 2006. Thirdly for this model of a car foglamps are already made for the model itself and it was "plug and play" kind of installation with "naka abang" na wires and sockets. Bulbs were the stock kind and non-HID.

In the end insurance covered it and I had to pay participation. Feel free to comment as I would like views/opinions and even similar stories about this thing.

Thank you and more power!
    Fog lamps... B... sh.. talaga yan... File a case... reklamo mo sa DTI... kung Fog lamps nga Demanda mo yung nag kabit ng Fog lamps... para magkaalam na kung fog lamps nga.. hehehe... buti nakalabas kayo at safe kayo...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Seems to be another defect along the lines of the previous civic's fuel tank problem. my officemate's civic (before FD) fuel tank actually fell on the road while he was driving. the casa towed the car and fixed the problem. he replaced that car with vios. Well, good thing i am not getting the civic anymore, however, does the city have problems as well?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Had a problem with our FD too. This happened when the FD was less than 2 months old.

On the way to work one morning ayaw nya mag start. When you turn the key to "on" you'll hear clicking sounds tapos yung speedometer nag bliblink.

I wasn't around when someone from Honda came to fix it. Ang sabi e pinalitan lang yung battery tapos ok na. Which I think is BS.

Never had a problem since then naman. Pero ang hassle pa rin. And papaano kung byumahe ako sa malayo and doon nangyari, or if gabi nangyari yon and they can't send anyone to fix it.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jpatricks1 View Post
    Had a problem with our FD too. This happened when the FD was less than 2 months old.

On the way to work one morning ayaw nya mag start. When you turn the key to "on" you'll hear clicking sounds tapos yung speedometer nag bliblink.

I wasn't around when someone from Honda came to fix it. Ang sabi e pinalitan lang yung battery tapos ok na. Which I think is BS.

Never had a problem since then naman. Pero ang hassle pa rin. And papaano kung byumahe ako sa malayo and doon nangyari, or if gabi nangyari yon and they can't send anyone to fix it.
    This one looks like an authentic battery problem, nangyayari minsan yan sa mga new cars kasi naka standby lang after manufacture if di pa nabili.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
FD Honda Civic nawalan ng preno tapos nagliyab sa loob ng UP Diliman!