New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Aba, alam ko na san gagamitin yung airsoft mo...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Scary exprerience. Glad you're all right.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I think you did the right thing. U got yourself out of the situation.. and you gave him what he needed. I keep a police bat between my seat n my door, and a knife under my seat just in case. I always think of what i'd do if i got carjacked, good thing ur situation was handled correctly and you got your car back.

My younger brother was coming home from UST a few weeks back, and he said he saw cops beating up a holdupper/carjacker, one cop was holding the guy, n the other 2 were beating him up. I also agree, the punishment for those kinds of crimes should be much more harsh. I saw on ABS-CBN a snatcher was caught n put into jail, and it was his 3rd time. I say put the death penalty back on, and PGMA should show some deterrent force instead of trying to ride coat tails by siding with the majority.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    well, after I got carjacked, siempre report ko sa WPD. Anyway, I "think" that the guy I was talking to "said something like" a few of the repeat offenders they caught, especially the ones that rob kids of cellphones and shoot them in the process, were summarily executed inside the station "yata"..I think that's what I heard. Maybe I was drunk that time hehe. IF it is true, I think ok lang. So many kids have already been shot in the UST and UP Manila area...and for a damn cell phone.

Some uniformed cops also showed me mug shots of carnappers that they caught in Mandaluyong. The guys were black and blue and bleeding from the beating they got upon being captured. Buti nga sa kanila. Their 2 companions were killed during the process..biro niyo ang tatapang nila, nakipag shoot out sa SWAT! Thos SWAT boys are armed with M4s, MP5s, and a lotta ammo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ingat ka sa paligid ng UST. Dami nang holdup victims na namatay. Yung iba umabot pa ng ER pero too late na. Pati yung isang UST technician nasaksak sa likod habang pauwi. Buti hindi pa nakalayo ng UST. Naglalakadad pa nga. Pero pagkakita ng kama sa ER bumulagta na. Nabuhay naman siya. Ninerbyos lang ata.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Wow really? KC my younger bro wants to dorm around the UST area, I think on Dapitan. He'll be dorming with classmates. Is it really that bad? The dorm he's thinking about has a guard at the bottom, and the other dorm he's thinking about has a manager counter that you have to walk by to enter the building.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    well eto nangyari sa may Orange Place, near dapitan St. May guard siya dun sa loob ng ground floor. Anyway, mga 5 years ago ito nangyari...the guard and a couple of students were shooting the breeze sa may foot ng stairs which is also right in front of the door. As they go on with their kwentuhan, someone from outside peeks inside and points a gun at them demanding their cellphones. They comply and the mugger leaves with no problems. The guard did not give chase anymore.

Eto naman nangyari sa barkada ng brother ko. They were walking along Dapitan st. 3 sila walking side by side. Biglang may tumabi dun sa naglalakad sa outermost side tapos inakbayan siya and tinutukan ng knife. He silently gave his stuff while his two friends thought na kaibigan niya yung tumabi sa kanila.

Dami pa ako kwento. Just last February, may isang college student binaril sa may Dapitan area when he refused to give his cellphone. He was rushed to the ER, friend ng GF ko yung nag asikaso...pero wala na daw pag asa. The damage was too bad and the kid died in the ER.

Ang di ko lang magets, why doesn't mayor Atienza increase the POLICE PRESENCE in that area? Halos WALA kasi. The only "cops" I see there are traffic cops preying on private vehicles...walang baril mga yan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: Incidents usually happen while the students are in transit from school to home or vice versa. Siguro konting ingat na lang. I've been in UST for 8 years and counting. Awa ng Diyos wala pa naman nangyayari sakin.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ayy buti na lang graduate na ako jan sa uste.

scary experience you got there. Buti na lang na recover mo pa car mo.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros
    I keep a police bat between my seat n my door, and a knife under my seat just in case.
    What about pepper spray. Is this a good or bad idea. Where is best place to buy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ever get carjacked?