New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I have one of these calling cards. Actually, bigay sa akin ng tito ko. Never used it since sumusunod ako sa traffic laws. Kaya din ako binigyan nito kasi proteksyon sa abusado. Hindi mo kasi alam kung kelan ka makakaencounter ng mga patolang traffic enforcer/police. Pero never ko pa naisip gamitin to para makatakas sa traffic violation/s.

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    I have cards of various congressmen and military officials tucked in my license jacket. I just keep them handy so those erring officers know that if they slap questionable offenses/extort on me, they will get fu&*$*! Ticket kung ticket!

Be sure lang na yung nakapangalan sa calling card eh "mataas na opisyal" like ng PNP (Chief, Regional Director or Provincial Director, etc) or DOTC kung hindi baka mapahiya pa yung gagamit. Minsan pag fellow law enforcer naman at kahit auxillary units pinagbibigyan din nila basta di arogante. Happened to me at Slex (unintentionally). I was flagged down for using the shoulder but it's because i'm exiting the next toll. he ask for my license and told me my violation, he reasoned that i was still a kilometer away from the exit, didn't arque anymore and handed my license (forgot that my coastguard aux id was there) after a few steps he went back and said "sir pareho pala tayong enforcer, ingat na lang ho." I smiled back and said it won't happened again.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I agree with the TS.

It's easy to point the blame at the dodgy and corrupt traffic enforcers, but what if I blatently did something illegal for example, doing a U-Turn when it clearly says No U-Turn then when I'm flagged down by an enforcer I show a calling card - that just makes me seem as if I am beyond the law and have no respect for rules and regulations.

Regardless of local culture, drivers need to take the heat and drive responsibly and drive disciplined.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHotBlood View Post
    Be sure lang na yung nakapangalan sa calling card eh "mataas na opisyal" like ng PNP (Chief, Regional Director or Provincial Director, etc) or DOTC kung hindi baka mapahiya pa yung gagamit. Minsan pag fellow law enforcer naman at kahit auxillary units pinagbibigyan din nila basta di arogante. Happened to me at Slex (unintentionally). I was flagged down for using the shoulder but it's because i'm exiting the next toll. he ask for my license and told me my violation, he reasoned that i was still a kilometer away from the exit, didn't arque anymore and handed my license (forgot that my coastguard aux id was there) after a few steps he went back and said "sir pareho pala tayong enforcer, ingat na lang ho." I smiled back and said it won't happened again.
    Are you saying that mataas na opisyal = above the law na? And if magalang na aux units eh above na law na din? Something is wrong there, don't you think?

*tidus, this shows that this culture of ours (palakasan that is) is really effed up.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Dapat talaga, tamang pagpapatupad sa batas at walang palakasan system....

9505:spam:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I believe this is a gray area. IMHO if you don't abuse the priveledge it entails its OKAY (I think the calling card thing came to be to protect certain individuals from erring traffic enforcers/police/kotong cops). but if you knowingly break rules just because you know you would be let go.. well that would be another matter.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i've seen cases where the use of calling cards is being abused. . .one time, there was this driver of a mid-size suv who made a u-turn in santolan road infront of crame, where it is illegal. . .when summoned to stop by the traffic officer, i saw him took out a calling card and showed it to the traffic officer. . .nakakaasar makakita ng ganito, di ba?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Naalala ko yung incident ko nung college. Pauwi na ko galing school, so pumara ako ng jeep papuntang SM North. Mga ilang meters pa lang ang tinatakbo e pinara ng Traffic Enforcer or LTO yung jeep na sinasakyan ko (di ko alam yung traffic violation, malamang beating the red light or no loading/unloading ). After a few minutes of bargaining e kinausap kami ng officers at pinababa lahat ng pasahero. Yun pala e ang lisensya nung driver ng jeep e photocopy ng expired na lisensya nya accompanied by a calling card ng isang mataas na Police official.

Kudos to those officers for apprehending the erring driver. They never yielded their duties as laws enforcers just because of a piece of calling card .

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    pwede bang sabihin half guilty ako dito.

when we started our driving days eh syempre we are prone to commit mistakes. kaya binigyan ako ni utol ng calling card at id nya para proteksyon daw sa mga extortionist na enforcers.

one time nga hinuli ako for swerving daw eh ang ingat ko nga pag change lane at nag signal pa ko. alam ko mangongotong lang kasi lunch time so i talk to them nicely. kinuha pa rin ng pulis yun DL ko, inalis dun sa lalagyan na kasama ng calling card, tapos pinakita dun sa kasama nya. akala ko nga titiketan ako kasi wala ako intensyon na maglagay. binalik naman without issuing a ticket.

now, i'm a smarter and courteous driver. thanks to tsikot forum and my experience driving outside the country.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Erring motorists who flashes calling cards should be looked as goons too right?