New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by evs_13 View Post
    narinig ko rin sa radio yan. meron pa nga yatang cctv sa shell,pero bakit d napansin na ninanakawan na pala eh kita naman yata sa cctv?
    AFAIK, i think CCTVs intalled on this kind of establishment is for recording only, nobody is assigned to monitor, unless ung TV monitor nasa harap nang cashier...

Baka naman din yung ibang cctv nila eh blind units lang meaning pang display para makita lang na merong camera. Nagbawas pa pala ng roving guards sa gabi kaya nadale yung sasakyan?
    Last edited by RedHotBlood; October 25th, 2006 at 04:40 PM. Reason: additional info.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikkomann View Post
    Sinundan at pinagplanuhan na talaga yan.

Iniisip ko nga, baka isa pa yun sa mga umatteng ng seminar niya eh.

Conspiracy theory.......no more

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Serves as a reminder to you guys... don't leave anything in an AUV or van... or even an SUV... when you go inside.

This isn't surprising... favorite spot ng mga gagong drive-by boys na yung Shell station na yan because you can get on the highway right before it, then get off the highway just 2 kilometers down the road (you're off the highway before the PNCC even starts looking for you...) and disappear into Cavite...

The guards are only there to guard the eating establishments, and they don't have time to watch the lot. I was there when another incident occured, luckily, the thief (bag-snatcher) panicked and dropped the bag, and they caught the license plate of the vehicle on the CCTV.

I hate to blame the victim (as so many people here so often do )... but coming from a gun-safety seminar and then leaving some pretty expensive guns inside an FX (of all places!?!)... bad form.

And who the heck leaves their watch in the car? Errrrrhhhhh....

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mr. Almonte probably didn't have a choice but to leave the guns in the vehicle since, unless the guns were covered by permits to carry, then it would have been illegal for him to have them with him inside the eating establishment. If the guns were being transported on the strength of only a PTT, then they should be left inside the vehicle until the owner arrives at the firing range or at his residence.

Be that as it may, maybe he should've exercised more caution and just ordered at the drive-through so he wouldn't have to leave his guns unattended.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Didn't consider that. Good point!

Me, if I'm carrying stuff in my vehicle that I'm not comfortable with lugging around, I make sure to get a spot right in front of the guard, no matter how long it takes.

Oh well... lesson learned for him, I guess. Poor guy.

But seriously... a Rolex? On a reporter's salary?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Didn't consider that. Good point!

Me, if I'm carrying stuff in my vehicle that I'm not comfortable with lugging around, I make sure to get a spot right in front of the guard, no matter how long it takes.

Oh well... lesson learned for him, I guess. Poor guy.

But seriously... a Rolex? On a reporter's salary?
    Sir niky naman, naka-FX na nga lang eh

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    he's been a reporter since the 80's pa yata or even longer. siguro naman makakabili na sya ng rolex. hehe. dapat nga sinuot na lang niya yun.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    In other news...

sa may St.Thomas building, may Everest na nag-park, katabi ko lang yung Everest (im in a Santa Fe), binasag quarter panel nya, kinuha bags and briefcase. Nagulat na lang ako bigla dumami mga tao, di lumabas ako at ni-lock yung car, nanakawan na pala katabi ko, di ko man lang narinig (sobrang insulated kasi ng cabin ng Santa Fe). The robbery took under a minute. Buti na lang sobrang liit ng Quarter panel ng santa fe it would be stupid to bother breaking it, wala kang mailulusot. hehe.

Diba standard ang alarm sa Everest? kasi di nag-alarm eh.

Lesson: so pag bibili pala tayo ng SUV, we should also consider little details such as the size of the quarter panel.
    Last edited by Horsepower; October 26th, 2006 at 09:09 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    he was going to conduct a gun safety seminar.
    maybe he should've exercised more caution and just ordered at the drive-through so he wouldn't have to leave his guns unattended.
    is it not part of his seminar - how to keep guns secured??

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
DZMM reporter falls prey to thieves - Shell SLEX