New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    EDSA has a new set of lines. where the yellow line used to be, is now a pair of solid lines. the right line is yellow, and the left line is white. i tried to search the innernet what it meant. i couldn't find the answer. can someone help me here?
    secondly, before, the yellow lane was only until 9 pm. is it now 24/7, or still until 9 pm?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    If we are to follow the LTO regulations on road markings (http://www.lto.gov.ph/traffic2.html)

Solid white line means it separates vehicles going in the same direction and passing over it is discouraged, but allowed if it is safe to do so.

Solid yellow line means it is not safe to pass over it.

When the two are together, it implies that if you are on the side closer to the solid white line, you can pass over it to transfer to the other lane if it is safe to do so. If you are on the side closer to the solid yellow line, you may not cross over to the other side.

Theoretically, this then disallows vehicles (such as passenger buses) on the yellow line side of the road to pass over to the white line side, but it allows vehicles (like private cars) on the solid white line side to pass over, possibly to enter a street. Of course, once inside the yellow line side, one cannot pass over any more to go back to the white line side.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ^^^ agree

kaso sana alam ng mga pulis at mmda ang totoong meaning ng mga road markings. kasi magiging bagong kotongan nanaman yan

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Dahil sa hindi malinaw ang "patakaran", delikado sa kotong ito.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    diba may 30 secs rule na pwede ka umovertake sa yellow line.. pwede pa ba to ngayon?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    If we are to follow the LTO regulations on road markings (http://www.lto.gov.ph/traffic2.html)

Solid white line means it separates vehicles going in the same direction and passing over it is discouraged, but allowed if it is safe to do so.

Solid yellow line means it is not safe to pass over it.

When the two are together, it implies that if you are on the side closer to the solid white line, you can pass over it to transfer to the other lane if it is safe to do so. If you are on the side closer to the solid yellow line, you may not cross over to the other side.

Theoretically, this then disallows vehicles (such as passenger buses) on the yellow line side of the road to pass over to the white line side, but it allows vehicles (like private cars) on the solid white line side to pass over, possibly to enter a street. Of course, once inside the yellow line side, one cannot pass over any more to go back to the white line side.
    alam ko nga yan naman talaga ang purpose ng yellow lane eh! ewan ko ba kung bakit naiba.....

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    yep, this is what i know also. pero parang mali yung use dito sa metro manila ng lanes na yan. from what i interpret sa mga MMDA officers, they let the private vehicles pass through the bus lane if the yellow is paired with the white. this is due to side streets at edsa.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    [quote=digitalron;1430200]If we are to follow the LTO regulations on road markings (http://www.lto.gov.ph/traffic2.html)

Kung sa SOLID ay allowed to pass as long as it is safe to do so. So ano na ang difference ng SOLID sa BROKEN kung pareho lang naman pla allowed to pass. Parang may mali yata dito a.

Dapat kapag solid- PROHIBITED na talaga to pass or cross yellow man or white para mas iwas disgrasya. Pwede lang mag pass or overtake kapag may stalled vehicle or below minimum speed na sasakyan.

Nabasa ko din yang sa LTO, updated kaya yun?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    EDSA has a new set of lines. where the yellow line used to be, is now a pair of solid lines. the right line is yellow, and the left line is white. i tried to search the innernet what it meant. i couldn't find the answer. can someone help me here?
    secondly, before, the yellow lane was only until 9 pm. is it now 24/7, or still until 9 pm?
    I accept with information: this then disallows vehicles (such as passenger buses) on the yellow line side of the road to pass over to the white line side, but it allows vehicles (like private cars) on the solid white line side to pass over.

double solid yellow and white lines