New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    But di ba even here sa Tsikot, members here discriminate against old cars.

Like tinatawanan si Kagalingan, bec. the guy loves EK civic, minomock sya na maybe he is still has an EK, and like hindi sya umumnlad sa buhay?

majority of peenoise eh ma status symbol like things: kotse, bags, sapatos, lacoste and now yung penguin.

Pero sa choice ng food sa araw-araw yan ang basehan ko. Kasi sabi nga ng friend ko eh pag itataeh mo din kaya sila hindi maarte sa pagkain. Yan ang dahilan. Hindi mo pwede iyabang pag hindi nakikita.

But yung iba sa alfresco setting ginagawa like starbucks and yung sa bgc na tirik na sa araw tuloy pa din ang tiis-ganda.

Kaya madami pinoy na may pera pero hindi halata sa itsura. They need to wear bling-blings para mapansin.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    majority of peenoise eh ma status symbol like things: kotse, bags, sapatos, lacoste and now yung penguin.

Pero sa choice ng food sa araw-araw yan ang basehan ko. Kasi sabi nga ng friend ko eh pag itataeh mo din kaya sila hindi maarte sa pagkain. Yan ang dahilan. Hindi mo pwede iyabang pag hindi nakikita.

But yung iba sa alfresco setting ginagawa like starbucks and yung sa bgc na tirik na sa araw tuloy pa din ang tiis-ganda.

Kaya madami pinoy na may pera pero hindi halata sa itsura. They need to wear bling-blings para mapansin.
    I like al fresco dahil hindi ako mainitin. Hindi ako nagtitiis dahil preference ko yun. Gusto ko rin naarawan ako dahil bihira ako maarawan, covered parking ako sa bahay at office and usually gabi na ko lumalabas. When I'm with my Spanish group usually sa labas kami. Sa bahay hindi ako gumagamit ac. Passive cooling lang.

Ikaw ata ang judgemental

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the rich are looking for ways to camouflage their wealth.
    the poor are looking for ways to camouflage their non-richness.
    high.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the rich are looking for ways to camouflage their wealth.
    the poor are looking for ways to camouflage their non-richness.
    high.
    Where do you put the flaunting nouveau, doc?Do people discriminate against old cars?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Where do you put the flaunting nouveau, doc?Do people discriminate against old cars?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    they are a class all their own.

...any recommendations..?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    cathey,

the human specie and even the animals hide in shade pag maaraw.

kaya ang bgc hindi kumikita kasi nga mali ang design. Ayaw ng majority sa mainit pag nasa city.

Maybe ngayon december to february tolerable jan mag alfresco. Pero sa tag-ulan and sa summer = Not comfortable.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    cathey,

the human specie and even the animals hide in shade pag maaraw.

kaya ang bgc hindi kumikita kasi nga mali ang design. Ayaw ng majority sa mainit pag nasa city.

Maybe ngayon december to february tolerable jan mag alfresco. Pero sa tag-ulan and sa summer = Not comfortable.
    Do you have stats to prove that BGC is not earning money? If that is the case then why are multinational companies putting up their offices in BGC? When was the last time you were in BGC? Serendra at high street central lang ata alam mo. There's central square and one bonifacio. Gusto mo kasi typical box designs like SM. And your call yourself a man of impeccable taste?

Nakaka irita na yung posts mo na puro criticism sa lugar (BGC, Makati and South) tao (Filipinos), Kotse, diesel and basically everything under the sun. Pero fanatic ka ng CHina. It makes me wonder if you really are a troll or not.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; March 1st, 2020 at 03:29 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Here where I live, people take pride in their old cars that are still running fine. Durability is king. If it wasn't for that deer collision, I'd still have my 14-year old Hyundai Sonata. I love it's 3.3L v6.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 1st, 2020 at 04:57 AM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Yup, pag naka luma akong kotse, pinapabuksan ni mamang sekyu yung bintana pati yung trunk pag pasok ng mall. Kung bago naman kotse, papasok pa lang ako naka hand salut na.

People discriminate based on how you package yourself: grooming, cars, accessories, etc. For me some people choose specific cars as part of personal branding. What they want to achieve is their business but we can't deny that branding is a powerful tool in business, whether its for a product or service.

While we always hear that we should never judge a book by its cover, the reality is people judge strangers based on external factors.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    when i come across a particularly well-groomed old car (the older, the more attractive to me) in the parking area,
    i take time to walk around it and breathe in all them lines and chrome, and peer thru the (hopefully) un-tinted glass.
    akala siguro ng iba, tangka kong nakawan.

i also somewhat tail-gate such car, if i happen to see it on the road.
    i once tailed one of alfred perez's american detroit matrimonial cars in slex, for some time.

just to appreciate the car.

bah bah bah...
    bah bah ba-rass...
    chrome!
    chrome!
    heh heh.

do i discriminate against not-well-manicured old cars?
    not really.
    i still remember that i used to drive one of 'em, and am aware of the difficulties associated with lack of funding.
    basta huwag lang ma-usok.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 13th, 2022 at 12:25 PM.

Do people discriminate against old cars?