New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the nerve..!!
    magsasawa rin 'yan.. kapag 5 years old na ang car niya..
    According to that guy, eye sore daw kasi yung mga 'lumang' sasakyan kapag may bisita sa office. Palibhasa puro MS, Fort, CUV at Altis yung nasa parking lot. Ang sarap hamunin ng pakitaan na lang ng OR/CR kung kanino nakapangalan ang gamit na sasakyan.

Oh i forgot one of the RF's comment when one of the associate manager bought a brand new Avanza E a/t: 'Bibili na nga lang ng family car si sir, Avanza pa. Sana nag-Fortuner na lang siya.'

Akala mo kung sino si kumag, naka-Honda Wave naman.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    oh, i was refering to my older cars.. like our ancient VW of yore, or my old sentra.. my insurance company didn't want to insure them.. heh heh. mahilig kasi kami dati sa older cars.. para makutingting.. but not today's cars.. too electronic..
    but my newer cars, yes, they are all compre.. daapaatt!! i have a son who drives them also.. suki na nga kami sa body repair dept..
    Same with our old insurance company. They don't insure anymore when the car is over 5 years old

i like instant noodles.. my favorite is the imported one.. 100 bucks ang isa. the meat is not microscopic.. but i put only half of the flavoring.. napaka-spicy!!
    heh heh.
    try also the local pancit canton.. regular mixed with mansi.. then add one hard boiled egg on the side. and a slice of bread. great for lunch!
    The spicy korean noodles are good nga. I don't normally eat lucky me but a friend told me about mixing 1 pack spicy + kalamansi. I already bought and will try it soon!

the nerve..!!
    magsasawa rin 'yan.. kapag 5 years old na ang car niya..
    On the 5th year/after payment baka kuha ulit siya bagong loan. May officemate ako na ganyan, I asked him why not just enjoy the relatively new car and live without car payments. He said he doesn't want to have headaches on repairs so we would rather get another brand new car on loan.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    It's the opposite with people I know. Those that grew up privileged don't even mind what car other people drive. Yung mga mahilig manlait yung recently lang nakatikim ng sasakyan.
    I'm referring to people who have parents paying their car's monthly amortization even their fuel. Kung manlait akala mo hindi pinaghihirapan ang perang pinambibili kahit 2nd hand.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Same experience with crave. Yung mga naturingan pa naman na member ng car club sa school namin back in college, sila pa yung matapobre at mayayabang.

Recently one of them posted a rant from a UP student complaining about the traffic of Katipunan and relating it to the high volume of cars in Ateneo, with a lot having only 1 person per car. Instead of a proper discussion on the validity and merits of such a stand, ang comments nila:
    "Poor!"
    "Wala lang siyang kotse eh!"
    "Edi wag siyang dumaan dun"
    "Inggit lang yan!"

And so on. Sobrang nakakainit ng ulo - lahat naman sila galing lang sa magulang nila yung sasakyan nila. I have nothing against people who are given cars by their wealthy parents, but I hate those who are arrogant rather than grateful and humble about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by crave View Post
    Oh i forgot one of the RF's comment when one of the associate manager bought a brand new Avanza E a/t: 'Bibili na nga lang ng family car si sir, Avanza pa. Sana nag-Fortuner na lang siya.'.
    Haha may ganyan din akong mga empleyado, tinatanong sa akin, bakit si ganito naka Ford Explorer tapos ako hindi. Gusto ko sana sabihin, kasi hindi na yun magpapamilya dahil kasapi yun ng LGBT kaya walang masyadong gastos.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Same experience with crave. Yung mga naturingan pa naman na member ng car club sa school namin back in college, sila pa yung matapobre at mayayabang.

Recently one of them posted a rant from a UP student complaining about the traffic of Katipunan and relating it to the high volume of cars in Ateneo, with a lot having only 1 person per car. Instead of a proper discussion on the validity and merits of such a stand, ang comments nila:
    "Poor!"
    "Wala lang siyang kotse eh!"
    "Edi wag siyang dumaan dun"
    "Inggit lang yan!"

And so on. Sobrang nakakainit ng ulo - lahat naman sila galing lang sa magulang nila yung sasakyan nila. I have nothing against people who are given cars by their wealthy parents, but I hate those who are arrogant rather than grateful and humble about it.

Yung sa secret files? Nabasa ko rin yun!

Ramdam ko yung galit niya...pero ang sama naman kapag sa Ateneo lang sinisi...yes madami nga kotse sa Ateneo pero hindi naman puro Atenista lang nasa Katipunan ah? Hindi rin naman lahat ng Atenista may kotse. Yung sila pa magaadjust? Siguro naman pati yung mga naka kotse nagaadjust din para hindi ma late...

Gets ko rin naman side niya kasi nagcocommute ako minsan pero ganyan talaga eh. Hindi lang naman sa katipunan yung malala ang traffic.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan Sibuyas View Post
    Yung sa secret files? Nabasa ko rin yun!

Ramdam ko yung galit niya...pero ang sama naman kapag sa Ateneo lang sinisi...yes madami nga kotse sa Ateneo pero hindi naman puro Atenista lang nasa Katipunan ah? Hindi rin naman lahat ng Atenista may kotse. Yung sila pa magaadjust? Siguro naman pati yung mga naka kotse nagaadjust din para hindi ma late...

Gets ko rin naman side niya kasi nagcocommute ako minsan pero ganyan talaga eh. Hindi lang naman sa katipunan yung malala ang traffic.
    It's not even the point raised that's the problem, it's the reactions that reek of misplaced entitlement that's the problem.

Anyway, while what you say is true na hindi naman lahat ng traffic dahil sa Ateneo at hindi lahat ng Atenista may kotse, the fact is that majority of the traffic is really Ateneo-induced.

During school holidays (but regular working days), I've noticed that Katipunan moves much quicker. Also, a Sanggu survey showed that 80% of Ateneans get to school by car. Of the 20% that don't, majority are dormers. So yeah, the stereotype of car-wielding Ateneans is mostly true.

Yes, hindi lang sa Katipunan heavy ang traffic, but that shouldn't mean that we can't focus on Katipunan traffic until all other traffic jams are addressed simultaneously. Any traffic problem should be approached in two ways - more efficient traffic management, and a reduction in traffic. I noticed that most Ateneans only focus on the former, because implementing the latter would mean inconvenience for them (i.e. carpooling, commuting), and inconvenience is not welcome in utopian Arrneo, even if it means a lighter commute for everyone else.

To be fair though, the same can be said of QC residents who go to work by car - they too can carpool and commute to lighten the traffic, yet they choose not to. Mas madali at convenient na manisi nalang ng MMDA eh.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to us being the change we want to see in this world. Sadly, those who clamor for lighter traffic by having less cars on the road are the same people who won't agree to themselves being that one less car on the road.

I do apologize for veering way off-topic.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    It's not even the point raised that's the problem, it's the reactions that reek of misplaced entitlement that's the problem.

Anyway, while what you say is true na hindi naman lahat ng traffic dahil sa Ateneo at hindi lahat ng Atenista may kotse, the fact is that majority of the traffic is really Ateneo-induced.

During school holidays (but regular working days), I've noticed that Katipunan moves much quicker. Also, a Sanggu survey showed that 80% of Ateneans get to school by car. Of the 20% that don't, majority are dormers. So yeah, the stereotype of car-wielding Ateneans is mostly true.

Yes, hindi lang sa Katipunan heavy ang traffic, but that shouldn't mean that we can't focus on Katipunan traffic until all other traffic jams are addressed simultaneously. Any traffic problem should be approached in two ways - more efficient traffic management, and a reduction in traffic. I noticed that most Ateneans only focus on the former, because implementing the latter would mean inconvenience for them (i.e. carpooling, commuting), and inconvenience is not welcome in utopian Arrneo, even if it means a lighter commute for everyone else.

To be fair though, the same can be said of QC residents who go to work by car - they too can carpool and commute to lighten the traffic, yet they choose not to. Mas madali at convenient na manisi nalang ng MMDA eh.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to us being the change we want to see in this world. Sadly, those who clamor for lighter traffic by having less cars on the road are the same people who won't agree to themselves being that one less car on the road.

I do apologize for veering way off-topic.

Yup eedit ko sana post ko na OT kasi pagpindot ko ng edit sa tsikot app, yung quote na lang natira.

I see na yung comments yung point ng post mo...gusto ko lang din mag react about his post kasi puro mura rin laman.

I was trying to point lang na mej bias yung post niya.

Going back to topic...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    desiderata... do not compare yourself..
    ...you will be bitter, because there is always someone better than you..
    ...you will be vain, because there is always someone lower than you..

let us just be happy, we have a car that shelters us from the rain, on our way to work. and happier still, because someone just offered us a ride to molopisya..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crave View Post
    According to that guy, eye sore daw kasi yung mga 'lumang' sasakyan kapag may bisita sa office. Palibhasa puro MS, Fort, CUV at Altis yung nasa parking lot. Ang sarap hamunin ng pakitaan na lang ng OR/CR kung kanino nakapangalan ang gamit na sasakyan.

Oh i forgot one of the RF's comment when one of the associate manager bought a brand new Avanza E a/t: 'Bibili na nga lang ng family car si sir, Avanza pa. Sana nag-Fortuner na lang siya.'

Akala mo kung sino si kumag, naka-Honda Wave naman.
    so is the guy still with your office? heh heh.

eyesore? sa japan lang puro bago ang kotse sa parking lot.. sa 'merika, mas marami pang lumang kotse sa office parking lot kaysa bago..
    obviously, your guy has been watching too many movies..
    (did you know that in "baywatch", there are more blondes per human than anywhere else in the united states?)

Do people discriminate against old cars?