New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 39 of 93 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Honestly, I discriminate/tease those "Baduy" Cars. But, I never discriminate any old model cars.

Ramdam ko itong discrimination, we have a 93' Sentra B13, way back last year when I'm still * school, ito dinadala ko, scenarios is sa crossing na walang STOP Light, talagang hindi ka pagbibigyan at bubusinahan ka pa pag sisingit ka. BUT, when I'm driving a X5 and Cayenne, isang bright light ko lang, pinapasingit na agad ako.

My mga tao din like first timer/s mag ka Fortuner or Montero Sports na napaka yabang, akala mo sila na mayaman or sikat or Luxury na, no Offend for this SUV owners, pagnanakasabay ako sa EDSA, ito pa yung may mga wang-wang dati at nagbubully sa mga Box Type o Kotseng Bulok. Ang aangas pa. I'm not sure kung ma-change pa ganito.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Pansin ko lang, lagi na lang Fortuner at Monty ang mga ginagawang example sa mga bagay na ganito

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS925 View Post
    Pansin ko lang, lagi na lang Fortuner at Monty ang mga ginagawang example sa mga bagay na ganito
    accesible kasi sa kanila... hahaha... 30% DP and 0% interest in financing...
    XD

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    oo nga, yung ayaw magpakain, magpa-cremate na! hahahhaha....!!!
    Yung mga nag-pacremate, praktis yan para pagdating mo sa ibaba(taning), di ka masyado mainitan. hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    ^payabangan muna ng Memorial park! pa executivan muna! haha
    Naka SUV nung buhay pero nung namatay, sa public cemetery nakalibing while yung naka Corolla nung buhay, sa high-end Memorial Park or Simbahan nakalibing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyLover View Post
    ako i believe that people who are born rich are more aware on car models and more on "i have the top of the line car"...
    and people who became rich on their own "probinsyano" to "don",, tend to be more conservative or low profile... they cant seem to let go of their roots...

my dad drives an xtrail for about 5+ years... when he heard that we were planning to suprise him a car...
    tinangihan niya... okey pa naman daw xtrail niya...
    Depends also; there are people who are usually frugal when it comes to non-investment expenses such as cars, etc. A lot of the affluent i know drive run-of-the-mill but fairly recent model Japanese cars (Camry, Accord, CR-V, Patrol, Land Cruiser, Starex, Innova, etc.) and these are usually the businessmen types. There are some who go on and reward themselves with their dream Euro car but usually they just have one parked in their garage.

In some old subdivisions I noticed that a lot of the original families are low key and have regular cars (some still have their first owned 123 and 124 Benzes in their garages). The new ones who move in are the ones who have the flashy rides. There's a newer subdivision near our place which is supposedly inhabited by a good number of military, politicians, media personalities, and young up-and-coming families and that's where i really see the real eye candy cars (especially on Sundays after the fun run morning hours).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    paangasan pa ng kotse. pare-parehas lang tayong kakainin ng uod!
    at least mas masarap ang lasa mo sa uod pag steak kinakain kesa sa puro tuyo...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyLover View Post
    ako i believe that people who are born rich are more aware on car models and more on "i have the top of the line car"...
    well rich kids na mahilig sa cars definitely know more about cars that their dads

like the dad probably knows the M3 is the top of the line 3 series but doesnt know the variants (or maybe the dad doesnt even know meron M3)

but the kid will tell you that there's the regular E46 M3, the CSL model, the V8 GTR model... you know... things like that

and people who became rich on their own "probinsyano" to "don",, tend to be more conservative or low profile... they cant seem to let go of their roots...
    coz they spent many years of their lives in hardship. sanay sa hirap. so even if they already have the means to live like kings they find it unnecessary to do so. sayang pera eh. ok na sila. kontento na sila

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    at least mas masarap ang lasa mo sa uod pag steak kinakain kesa sa puro tuyo...
    Ngayon uod na nag-didicriminate! Ayos! :hysterical:
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS925 View Post
    Sa mga kilala ko naman baliktad. Yung mga mayayaman talaga naka 90s na Pajero at Patrol, minsan Innova pang hatid sa school, mga bagong yaman naman naka Montero at Fortuner.
    yup. low profile lang. gotta blend in. hirap na baka makidnap ang mga bata. very easy to follow pa naman ang bahay-to-school-to-bahay schedule

Do people discriminate against old cars?