New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 36 of 93 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Between my former boss and his Jaycee friends, their list of assets include commercial buildings in prime districts, properties in HK, Canada, US, etc. I can't say though that they're all happy and content with their lives.
    kaya no big deal sa mga really rich ang sasakyan

motor vehicles are only tools to them. something they use to get around

unlike the middle class, they don't go around comparing their cars to other people's cars. their minds are occupied with bigger, more important things like which mountain to flatten for their next project

unlike the insecure middle class that always have to prove something to other people, secure ang mga really rich sa sarili nila. they don't care what people think

I was in a meeting yesterday and one of our property managers mentioned that there are a good number unit owners in our projects who drive BMWs, Audis and MBs. The clincher is, this is one of our "low end/affordable" developments where a unit will cost as much as a Monty Sport. Go figure...
    typical

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i'm not saying the really rich don't buy high end cars. they do

but what they use is extra money. money begotten from money

unlike the middle class that have to go to work everyday to get a paycheck to pay monthly amortization

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    kaya no big deal sa mga really rich ang sasakyan

motor vehicles are only tools to them. something they use to get around
    In the case of two of those guys in that group, its not cars they own but car dealerships and distributorships (and you're talking of mainstream brands)... and to delve on the a related sub-topic on this thread, some have girlfriends/partners that can qualify as their daughters in terms of age. :whoa:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    In the case of two of those guys in that group, its not cars they own but car dealerships and distributorships (and you're talking of mainstream brands)...
    kaya sabi ko iba level ng mga rich

low, middle income people can only compare gadgets and cars coz gadgets and cars are the most expensive assets they own

rich people compare other assets (my mall is bigger than your mall. oh yeah?! i'll build a bigger mall across your mall. oh yeah?! did you see my other mall? the one by the bay?! But my malls are classy... your malls are masa. But i'm richer than you. hehe)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS925 View Post
    Confirmed yung kay La Greta, sabi ng Tito ko na taga RCBC.
    LOL... owned!!! :D Baka pag-uwi niya, pinagpilitan niya kay Tonyboy to buy RCBC Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    kaya sabi ko iba level ng mga rich

low, middle income people can only compare gadgets and cars coz gadgets and cars are the most expensive assets they own

rich people compare other assets (my mall is bigger than your mall. oh yeah?! i'll build a bigger mall across your mall. oh yeah?! did you see my other mall? the one by the bay?! But my malls are classy... your malls are masa. But i'm richer than you. hehe)
    Yep, they're that kind of circle... All started relatively small in trading/importing, made the right decisions at the right time with the ample capital to support them. The money they dealt with me back in the bank was peanuts for them although it would have gotten me my dream house, pay for the kids education, and live on interest comfortably.

They don't drive around in old cars unlike the Binondo building owner though. :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Bastos View Post
    Nalalayo na yata sa topic? :D

Anyway, discrimination ba 'kamo? Kanina nasa Ongpin area ako. Wala pa yung kausap ko kaya nag-yosi muna ako sa labas.

Tapos, may isang Toyota Fortuner na nag-double park. Medyo nasobrahan yata sa chrome accessories yung Toyota :D. May bumabang isang babae na medyo Matrona. Eto ang dialogue niya.

Matrona: Guard! Psst! Guard! Hoy! Kaninong bulok na FX ito? Tawagin mo nga yung driver nito at paparada kami. Baka matetano pa sasakyan ko niyan!

Guard: Ahhh...eehhh...Ma'am sa iba na lang po kayo magpark.

Matrona: At baket naman?! Tenant ako dyan ah. Tsaka dyan lagi ako pumaparada. Hindi mo ba ako kilala?

NOTE: May mga pwesto ng Jewelry Shops sa building. Mukhang bungangerang alahera itong Matrona.

Guard: Naku Ma'am. Kilala naman po kaso....eh...nandito po yung mayari ng building. Sa kanya po yang ep-eks. Hindi ko po pwedeng paalisin.
    Guys, this is not a fiction or an urban legend. It's a first hand experience. The area is near Eng Bee Tin, 711, et al. in Binondo. The building is relatively old and I didn't see the building owner.

To continue the story. The Matrona-looking lady just hop back to her Fortuner and I presumed she looked for another parking space.

My family is into manufacturing and trading. I have met a lot of individuals.

There was this guy in a province down south of Luzon who drives around in an old Willys jeep. Yet, he lives in a ranch and big mansion. Another one in Nueva Ecija, Willys jeep din ang type. Pero he owns a few commercial buildings and a big farm land.

In our last highschool reunion naman, the middle-incomes(employees most of them), arrived in Fortuners, Monteros, CRVs, etc. and talked about their achievements in life after highschool. Business owners and rich clan heirs are just using Citys, Vios and an old Nissan Pickup and talked about the good ol' days.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    May matandang kasabihan ang mga Pinoy....

...And maingay at tahol ng tahol na aso ay duwag at walang pangil.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In our last highschool reunion naman, the middle-incomes(employees most of them), arrived in Fortuners, Monteros, CRVs, etc. and talked about their achievements in life after highschool. Business owners and rich clan heirs are just using Citys, Vios and an old Nissan Pickup and talked about the good ol' days.
    Yep, for them (the long-time established ones), there's really nothing to prove. You're there to see old friends and reminisce.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Bastos

Guys, this is not a fiction or an urban legend. It's a first hand experience. The area is near Eng Bee Tin, 711, et al. in Binondo. The building is relatively old and I didn't see the building owner.

To continue the story. The Matrona-looking lady just hop back to her Fortuner and I presumed she looked for another parking space.

My family is into manufacturing and trading. I have met a lot of individuals.

There was this guy in a province down south of Luzon who drives around in an old Willys jeep. Yet, he lives in a ranch and big mansion. Another one in Nueva Ecija, Willys jeep din ang type. Pero he owns a few commercial buildings and a big farm land.

Wala naman malapit na 711 sa 2 eng bee tin stores sa binondo.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    May matandang kasabihan ang mga Pinoy....

...And maingay at tahol ng tahol na aso ay duwag at walang pangil.
    hehe, nice one sir.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Do people discriminate against old cars?