New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 93 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ot lang. Since parang nadiscriminate dito ang mga may utang. In my opinion i dont see any reason why we should discriminate people from exercising their right to choose to pay a car in installment even more than 5 years as long as payment were made without delay. I would rather get a brand new car in installment than 2nd hand car. Worry free driving is priceless.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I have a 93 gli corolla. It's an old model car considering nabili ko yan 2nd hand. But . . ., the body is still shiny, could reach speeds up to 140 kph easily, I don't feel descriminated on the road. rather, many acquaintances are still amazed at the condition of the car. (papano, madalang lang gamitin. almost 20 years na but the mileage is just around 120 km ). and I much prefer this than my wife's avanza 2007 G matic

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Remember,- mas mura pa rin ang bagong sasakyan,- kaysa sa house and lot...

Ang bagong sasakyan,- kahit saan ka pumunta puwede mong dalhin at i-display>>> sikat ka.

Pero ang house and lot, hindi lahat ng kaibigan mo, puwedeng pumunta....-

14.3K:eathis:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    Madami eager magkaroon ng kotse kaya pumapatol sa 5-8 year term then lowest down payment pa, eh halos 2 kotse na nabili mo pag ganong term. I might as well use old car kung wala akong pang cash.

Madami kasi di marunong mag compute or mag analyze ng cash flow nila di nila sinasama gas consumption, compre, and maintenance cost sa computation and depreciation kasi after fully paid na 50% or less nalang value nya.

Dami nga ako nakikita na ang liit liit ng bahay tapos nakaparada SUV ni walang garahe, di bagay yung car sa bahay di man lang nag AUV nalang.
    I have a uber rich Client...

And her advice is never pay an expensive car in CASH. Kunin mo sya sa shortest possible term na kaya mo, then paikutin mo ang pera na pang cash mo sana.

Ika nga nya... Baliw ka kung i cash mo yan, invest mo pang cash mo.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^what's the reason for that naman?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i think the assumption is that you can put the cash to good use while you're paying the installment...e.g. say car A costs 600k, you can pay 20k this month, invest the rest of the money, earn say 10-20%.

kaso, dealers tend to offer huge discounts if you pay in cash....and like some earlier posters have mentioned, dealers have factored in interest income when you pay in installment, so you end up paying more as to pay longer.

Para hindi naman OT: i think it depends on the condition, not age, of the car. But yes, i have felt feel discriminated against. Cops and traffic enforcers would not think twice about catching and/or extorting from you when you're driving an "ordinary" car, as opposed to a brand new SUV with matching vanity plate from the PNP :p

What can you do? People are that like that...and not just because they're a-holes. People are primarily visual creatures i think, Just walk around in the mall and see whether the plain looking girl or the one in micro-minis gets your attention :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dondonposadas View Post
    Ot lang. Since parang nadiscriminate dito ang mga may utang. In my opinion i dont see any reason why we should discriminate people from exercising their right to choose to pay a car in installment even more than 5 years as long as payment were made without delay. I would rather get a brand new car in installment than 2nd hand car. Worry free driving is priceless.
    I don't think the discrimination is to the loan per se but rather to those who will abuse it and push it beyond their means just to prove something. For example, your monthly budget can really easily buy you an Innova 2.5 E a/t, which already meets 99.00% of your requirements... you see the Fortuner 2.5 G a/t which looks more maporma so you think, why not? Kaunting tiis lang? Although it won't give anything much more to your requirements then the Innova you originally had planned for... then you decide, why not check out the Mitsubishi Monty Sport? Sabi kasi sa internet, mas malakas kaysa Fortuner at walang D4d problem... Ayan... :D

I don't diss loans as this helps build businesses, its makes the economy move, gets you to build your dream house and provide people with transportation; given it's used properly and your source of payments are properly matched to that. Even affluent people take loans for personal purchases as they want to amortize their expenditures to match their cash flow rather than touching investment money and savings.

I had a client before who used his loan line to purchase an old house and lot in a high end Makati Village, tore down the house and built a new one... he took a sizable loan for it but heck, he paid it down in a year and a half through his monthly personal income from his business. Conservative way of handling his finances; he did not use his enormous business/investment money or even his savings for his personal indulgences but he used a loan and matched it to his personal income cash flow. Kung nagkaproblem sa cash flow then that's the only time he'll use his savings.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post

And her advice is never pay an expensive car in CASH. Kunin mo sya sa shortest possible term na kaya mo, then paikutin mo ang pera na pang cash mo sana.

That's true... the returns they get by keeping their cash in business is much more then the interest of the loans... may pang tax breaks pa sila with the loans to prop up expenditures.

What's crazy is to take a loan for something not necessary and divert all your resources to pay for it... lost chance on savings or investment.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    ^agree on that, before you want to buy something, invest it first on business para umiikot yung pera, just what a financial expert said dun sa seminar na napuntahan ko noon, "you want to buy a brandnew car worth 800k, and you have this 800k on hand? what would you do? ibibili mo ba?" some of us sumagot oo ibibili ko na kasi may discount pag-cash, then as our discussion goes on pinaliwanag niya na, tiisin mo muna na wala kang kotse, invest it first on business, at yung perang papasok sa business yun na lang daw ang gamitin pambili well sabi niya wala namang masama sa financing may income ka na naman from you business e, now you can have that brandnew car" may kotse ka na business ka pa at tuloy-tuloy ang pasok ng pera.

ang hirap kasi sa ilan natin kababayan, kapag tinanong mo na halimbawa "manalo ka ng isang milyon ano gagawin mo?" meron sasagot na "bibili ako ng kotse" ,"bibili ako ng bahay", "bibili ako ng ganito" wala man lang nakaisip na sumagot na "iinvest ko sa negosyo" nakakalungkot isiipin pero hindi talaga business oriented ang ilang nating kababayan.

at hanga din ako sa boss uncle ko noon, who owns construction firm, My uncle asked his boss bakit ayaw pa daw niyang magpalit ng sasakyan like Fort or Monty(since 2001 1.8 Toyota REVO ang gamit niya) e kaya-kaya niya naman daw niya makabili dahil million peso contract ang mga nakukuha ng boss niya, well, bumili nga ng bago pero hyundai getz lang, then my uncle asked his boss again "sir, bakit city car lang binili niyo? you can afford naman a SUV a?" at ang sagot pa sa kanya "anong gagawin ko sa mga SUV na ganon?Ang laki-laki noon, kaming dalawa lang naman ng misis ko ang sasakay saka ok pa naman yung revo ko e" napaka-weird talaga ng tao yon, ewan ko ba kuripot lang siguro talaga.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post

I was referring to those who are getting 5-8 year term then lowest DP and those who dont know how to compute and analyze their spending then in the end their precious car is repossessed by the bank.

Punta muna ako psychiatrist baliw pala ako

Do people discriminate against old cars?