New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by woulfe27 View Post
    Taurus PT 809. Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
    parang saying about condoms

i don't carry firearms. maybe my vulcanizing tools may do.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    there are only few members who posted in this thread. does it mean that most tsikoteers are peace loving? or they are not security conscious? or maybe they just don't like guns or other deadly weapons for protection?

These are dangerous times. There are many lawless elements who kill for the thrill for killing. There is no adequate protection for the law abiding citizens. When a lawless person attacks on the streets or particularly in the victim's home, he should assume the risk of losing his life from the act of self-defense by firearm of his victim; otherwise, the law-abiding citizens will be at the mercy of the lawless elements.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    ito akin bro
    Kahit private gun owner pwede magkaroon legally silencer? Type ko yan walang ingay.

At ang silencer ba custom made or standard size?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Yes. delikado na sa panahon ngayon.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    No need.. I am already a walking deadly weapon :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tomboy View Post
    Kahit private gun owner pwede magkaroon legally silencer? Type ko yan walang ingay.

Contrary to what you see in the movies, a silencer decreases the sound from a gunshot but doesn't totally eliminate it.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tomboy View Post

actually maingay pa din siya, it's just not as loud as it should be when not equipped with a silencer. there are no silencers that will make a gun as silent as the ones you see on tv.

anyway to answer your question there is no law against owning one, but i think using one against a person is illegal you can only use it on the range. the one i have is standard size for 9mm pistols locally made, you can also have one custom made.

here's an updated pick of my glock with it's new silencer.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pistols and rifles equipped with silencers are only "silent" when the gun is of caliber .22 or below. any caliber greater than a .22 can not be silenced completely. also the pistol/rifle needs to be modified such that the breach will not open when the weapon is fired. thus it is no longer semi-auto but becomes a manually cycled pistol/rifle.

hey did you guys watched that myth busters episode where they tried using a plastic soda bottle as a silencer?

oh, i do have weapons in my car. baseball bat, extendable batton, switch blade. i only bring my gun/s when going to the province, kaso wala na ko ptcfor for years na. magkano na ptcfor ngayon?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    extra long screw driver is enough for me

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    i keep the steel pipe of my crocodile jack under the driver's seat, just in case :-)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Do any of you carry weapons or keep them in the car?