New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Never again talaga sa Aseana. Balak ko talaga sa Alabang sa August. Nahiya lang kami kasi nagbigay ng endorsement yung neighbor namin.

BTW may bata pa dun na iyak ng iyak. So rude of the parents not to step out because my seatmates were also getting irritated. My Mom who is very nice told me, bata e, wala ka magagawa. MERON, step outside and pacify your child. Feeling ko para kaming cattle na kakatayin dun sa DFA. It was the same feeling when I was renewing my license before LTO computerization
    Renewed mine (ASEANA) last May 17, my appointment was 9AM. Am a bit worried kasi my queue number is 296, surprisingly I'm all done * 9.40AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by makyong View Post
    Renewed mine (ASEANA) last May 17, my appointment was 9AM. Am a bit worried kasi my queu number is 296, surprisingly I'm all done * 9.40AM.

Ibang usapan sa courtesy lane bro

Lamang lang talaga dun is you can walk-in if eligible ka sa criteria, no appointment needed na minsan eh months bago ka makakuha slot.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by makyong View Post
    Renewed mine (ASEANA) last May 17, my appointment was 9AM. Am a bit worried kasi my queue number is 296, surprisingly I'm all done * 9.40AM.

Mas mabilis talaga by appointment. 3 months na ata to get a slot? Pero at least di ka pipila ng 5 oras tulad ng sa courtesy lane.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Mas mabilis talaga by appointment. 3 months na ata to get a slot? Pero at least di ka pipila ng 5 oras tulad ng sa courtesy lane.

Pero kung no choice ka but to renew asap then okay na din diba.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Pero kung no choice ka but to renew asap then okay na din diba.

Yup. I will only go through that if I need my passport ASAP. Otherwise dun na ko sa appointment. Dami ko katabi nagsisi din na nag courtesy lane. Akala ko kasi mas mabilis sa regular. Was I mistaken!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    My daughter needed to renew her passport for a hastily organized trip in mid-June. But the earliest appointment she could get anywhere was in August. So since my wife and I are both government employees, and my daughter is unmarried, we all had our passports renewed at the courtesy lane in Asiana yesterday.

This is our second time there. It used to be just for government employees and officials, but it has been expanded to senior citizens, OFWs, and families with young children. So there are many, MANY more people there now. The whole process used to take a couple of hours, and now it takes four.

I saw a few people who were impatient and/or aggravated. But we were ready for it. We got there at noon. We had baon water and chicken pies, and kept ourselves occupied with ebooks and games on our phones. The place is nominally comfortable, and once we got a seat we just stayed there. I even caught some cat naps between chapters of the ebook I was reading. And while the calling system was not state of the art, the employees were relatively calm, courteous, and not hot-headed.

I'm sure there are easier and more comfortable places to do this. But extraordinary means are not without sacrifices. We got out at 4. Tentative release in DFA Asiana is on June 9, a few days before my daughter flies. I'll update when we get it.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    We are scheduled on August 5, 2017 at Robinson's Novaliches.

Any good or bad feedback sa renewal doon or any tips? Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Expect more people.. Saturday yan eh..

Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    We are scheduled on August 5, 2017 at Robinson's Novaliches.

Any good or bad feedback sa renewal doon or any tips? Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    seemed it's the other way around when renewing one's passport out of the country..no queue but releasing takes 3 months..! happened to my daughter who filed passport renewal on 2nd week of march..consul said, "please come back for your renewed passport on june05"..

no choice but to reset all prearranged plans cutting SB, extends her stay 3 more weeks, with accompanying costs to boot..

lessons learned..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tagalnasaabroad View Post
    seemed it's the other way around when renewing one's passport out of the country..no queue but releasing takes 3 months..! happened to my daughter who filed passport renewal on 2nd week of march..consul said, "please come back for your renewed passport on june05"..

no choice but to reset all prearranged plans cutting SB, extends her stay 3 more weeks, with accompanying costs to boot..

lessons learned..
    it is not easy to leave the country when one's passport is expiring in less than 6 months.
    we are instructed to renew our passports at least 6 months before expiration.
    that is probably why very few filipinos who go in and out of the country regularly, have to renew their passports abroad.
    expats, however... relatively few that they are... they live abroad for long periods...

perhaps the 3 months is because the passports have to be shipped to the motherland for renewal...?
    Last edited by dr. d; June 3rd, 2017 at 06:20 PM.

DFA Passport Renewal - Rush job.