New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When was the last time you renewed your passport? When I renewed the passport of my kid last feb, I was there from 9:30am until 2:00pm.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by starfox View Post
    *ai eeze:
    this is from the dfa web page link here http://dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/pub...ssport-ongoing
    Maintenance Work, Equipment Upgrades in ePassport Ongoing

14 March 2011-The Department of Foreign Affairs-Office of Consular Affairs (DFA-OCA) said today that maintenance work and equipment upgrades in the ePassport Personalization Center at the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) facility are ongoing.
    As a result, delays in passport releases are to be expected, especially in Regional Consular Offices (RCO) and at various Embassies and Consulates General. The delay could last for a few more weeks.

It has also coincided with the seasonal increases in passport applications as a significant number of Filipinos are travelling abroad for the summer season.

At present, applicants would have to wait an additional 10 working days before their passports could be released.

"The DFA will work hard to ensure that those with urgent travel, especially overseas workers, are accommodated," Assistant Secretary for Consular Affairs Jaime Victor Ledda said.

"We would like to request those without immediate travel plans to defer their applications until the situation has normalized. Those with expiring passports who cannot forego their travel may opt to apply for an extension of the validity of their existing passports instead of applying for renewal," he added.

The DFA has been working closely with the BSP, which produces the passport booklets, to resolve the issue and that it is confident that it would be able to reduce the waiting period in the coming weeks.

It also appealed for the understanding of the travelling public, particularly those in the provinces.

"We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delays. We would like to assure the public that we are exerting our best efforts to resolve the issues as soon as possible," Assistant Secretary Ledda said. END
    *ai eeze
    It will take a longer time for the passport renewal if you course it now through the regional office.Try to make an appeal(letter) to extend the validity of your old passports.

The delay in releasing of new epassports are 7 days or more from the scheduled release date. I know this because ours were sheduled to be released last week...Nothing arrived. After my inquiry at the DFA, they said that it will be delayed and be released next week...I wonder if the person I was talking with could visualize my facial expression while he was explaining the reason for the delay. : D It just makes your blood boil to deal with such inept bureaucracy.

from the DFA website (March 14,2011):
    "We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delays. We would like to assure the public that we are exerting our best efforts to resolve the issues as soon as possible," Assistant Secretary Ledda DFA

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    binigyan lamang ang asawa ko ng 1 month para makompleto ang mga requirements nya papuntang saudi bilang nurse sa POEA xa nag-apply, ang problema namin sa july p appointment nya sa DFA para sa renewal or change status.. may mabilis bng proseso para marenew agad ang passport ng asawa ko within 3 weeks para umabot sya sa deadline n binigay sakanila ng POEA..anong mga paraan para mapabilis ang proseso? san kami pweding lumapit?? may paraan p b?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kingZ View Post
    binigyan lamang ang asawa ko ng 1 month para makompleto ang mga requirements nya papuntang saudi bilang nurse sa POEA xa nag-apply, ang problema namin sa july p appointment nya sa DFA para sa renewal or change status.. may mabilis bng proseso para marenew agad ang passport ng asawa ko within 3 weeks para umabot sya sa deadline n binigay sakanila ng POEA..anong mga paraan para mapabilis ang proseso? san kami pweding lumapit?? may paraan p b?
    pumunta kau agad sa DFA main, sa macapagal ave. puede walk in ang OFW duon. then bring documents to show proof of urgency like visa, contract at airline ticketss. ang tagal pa naman ng release ng passport, ngaun.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacavanza View Post
    pumunta kau agad sa DFA main, sa macapagal ave. puede walk in ang OFW duon. then bring documents to show proof of urgency like visa, contract at airline ticketss. ang tagal pa naman ng release ng passport, ngaun.
    please help me in my dilemma, ako naman may problem
    since last week pa ko nagpapa-appoint sa passport.com.ph. dun na ko s part na pipili k ng date, pero may error daw sa pagpili ko bale retry or pick another date. nakailan na kong pili pero ganun pa rin. pumili na ko ng July 30, 2012 ganun pa rin

pano ko kaya i-set tong appointment ko? alis ko pa naman sa August...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargin View Post
    please help me in my dilemma, ako naman may problem
    since last week pa ko nagpapa-appoint sa passport.com.ph. dun na ko s part na pipili k ng date, pero may error daw sa pagpili ko bale retry or pick another date. nakailan na kong pili pero ganun pa rin. pumili na ko ng July 30, 2012 ganun pa rin

pano ko kaya i-set tong appointment ko? alis ko pa naman sa August...

call the DFA hotline instead.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Try POEA kung renewal... don ako nagpapa-renew ng passport ko, bale 1 mo. din hintayin mo.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hongapala di pala ako OFW eheheh

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Does anyone know if there is parking in DFA Pasay?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Does anyone know if there is parking in DFA Pasay?
    when we went there some time ago, there is pay parking directly across the street. easy.
    the hard part was crossing the street.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
DFA Passport Renewal - Rush job.