New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_daddy View Post
    I got mine, kaya lang regular rates or non-rush, paid 700 or so...and got it on time.

There was this time that I worked for a company closely tied with the DFA, my boss was on a trip to Hongkong for a business conference..and only noticed na expired passport nya...2 days prior to his trip or something.

I saw him get a brand spanking new passport in less than 30 minutes...all he had to do was get his picture taken and finish a cup of coffee :-), how is that for a rush job.

Hopefully the delay is only temporary...living in the the Phils..parang nasanay na ako sa mabagal na daloy ng trabaho.
    If that can be done for your boss, why can't it be done for everyone?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Strange. I renewed mine in DFA and paid around 1200 pesos. Siyempre dahil sa new system nila (e-passport) pumila ako and it took 2 hours (marami tao) where they took my pic and prints and I did sign in a tablet. I was asked to return 15 days later and I picked up my renewed passport. This was August this year.

Iwas ako sa "palakad" or "pa-process" kasi nga most of those peke ibibigay sa iyo.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruto View Post
    *skakatak70 sir ang laki ng binigay ng mom mo para sa rush ah... 1,200 lang ang rush job.. tiba tiba yung dfa employee na nakakuha hehehhe.

*Big_daddy galing nun sir ah, heheh 30 minutes. lakas ng bossing nyo sir :D
    Chief di ko po mommy yung nagbigay ng 3,000 pesos for expedite ng passport , kundi mommy po ni sir mazzipino

Quote Originally Posted by mazzipino View Post
    Ummm my mum paid PHP3,XXX for her "Rush" passport renewal from the DFA. She got it within 2-3 weeks. Problem free.

Not sure if it makes any difference if she's a senior?! (Maybe quicker processing, not sure.) She wasn't going anywhere in a hurry, she just didn't wanna hang around the DFA, and was put in the "Courtesy" lane which isn't very courteous at all because the line is still pretty long, but not as long as the regular line.

Btw this was pre-election, maybe nowadays there are more stricter regulations and procedures that have to be adhered to before release.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shakatak70 View Post
    Chief di ko po mommy yung nagbigay ng 3,000 pesos for expedite ng passport , kundi mommy po ni sir mazzipino
    Yeah I wondered why she paid too much - she hadn't renewed her PH passport for a number or years. Found out there was a discrepancy with her Birth Certificate which unabled her to renew normally.

This is where the P3,XXX covered the costs for eradicating the discrepancy and allowing her to finally renew her PH passport.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzipino View Post
    Ummm my mum paid PHP3,XXX for her "Rush" passport renewal from the DFA. She got it within 2-3 weeks. Problem free.

Not sure if it makes any difference if she's a senior?! (Maybe quicker processing, not sure.) She wasn't going anywhere in a hurry, she just didn't wanna hang around the DFA, and was put in the "Courtesy" lane which isn't very courteous at all because the line is still pretty long, but not as long as the regular line.

Btw this was pre-election, maybe nowadays there are more stricter regulations and procedures that have to be adhered to before release.
    Same situation here, yung mom-in-law ko sinamahan ko nagrenew ng passport dumating kami sa DFA 530am anticipating na mahaba yung pila yun pala may special lane sa mga senior citizens, pina LBC nila dumatin naman sa oras pero di sya 3,000.++ di ko matandaan pero mga 1,200 to 1,400php lang yun.

Sa senior citizens lang ata di nag apply yung by appointment system nila

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    para sa lahat yung appointment system but exempted ang mga OFWs, they can do walk-in applications.

May problema daw sa Central Bank (where these are printed). Last time we went there (mga 1 week ago), dami umuwi na walang passport. Others went home sobbing because their plane tickets and visas will be invalidated (accdg to them). I guess they relied too much on DFA delivering on time.

I had renewed mine a year ahead of expiry because my wife was bugging me to change from green to epassport. We also got one for our then 3month old child.

I was supposed to get the passports last Oct 21, the supposed release date, but we had to go on vacation so we got it last Nov 10 na. We got ours. I'm not sure if it has something to do with it being an express (1,200 each, way overpriced DFA! I just paid 500 for my green passport!!!) or because we did the process in the courtesy lane (floor) or it wasn't really released last Oct 21 and we just got ours when we got there because it got there before we did.

Kudos to the DFA guards who let us inside the compound and even called a cab for us so we won't get wet (it was raining so hard then).

BTW, the architect and planner of that building are idiots. That storm showed how flawed the construction is, at least to me. They know nothing about flow of human traffic, one of the first things one learns in architecture (at least in UP Diliman).

I hope the govt increases the validity of this passport from five to ten years - and lower the cost. I think it's way too expensive for the Filipino masses.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Just want to find out from TS how far with the releasing of his passport... TS nakuha mo na ba?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    para sa lahat yung appointment system but exempted ang mga OFWs, they can do walk-in applications.

May problema daw sa Central Bank (where these are printed). Last time we went there (mga 1 week ago), dami umuwi na walang passport. Others went home sobbing because their plane tickets and visas will be invalidated (accdg to them). I guess they relied too much on DFA delivering on time.

I had renewed mine a year ahead of expiry because my wife was bugging me to change from green to epassport. We also got one for our then 3month old child.

I was supposed to get the passports last Oct 21, the supposed release date, but we had to go on vacation so we got it last Nov 10 na. We got ours. I'm not sure if it has something to do with it being an express (1,200 each, way overpriced DFA! I just paid 500 for my green passport!!!) or because we did the process in the courtesy lane (floor) or it wasn't really released last Oct 21 and we just got ours when we got there because it got there before we did.

Kudos to the DFA guards who let us inside the compound and even called a cab for us so we won't get wet (it was raining so hard then).

BTW, the architect and planner of that building are idiots. That storm showed how flawed the construction is, at least to me. They know nothing about flow of human traffic, one of the first things one learns in architecture (at least in UP Diliman).

I hope the govt increases the validity of this passport from five to ten years - and lower the cost. I think it's way too expensive for the Filipino masses.
    True. Same sana for driving licenses.

Anyone know why there's such a short validity period? All I can think of is £$£$ for the govt!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    No appointment for senor citizens, ofw, children and government employees. Hinde clear ang age limit ng children to enter, 7yrs old hinde pwd.

I was there Nov 8. Nov 22 ang deliver date thru LBC. kinuha ko ang rush schedule. I paid 1200 for the passport and 150 for LBC. Sana dumating bukas.

Tama very poor ang design ng building, pati service very poor. I find it fire hazard.

Thanks

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post

Sana nga, at hindi lang yun sana din dagdagan nila yung 44 pages ng ating passport bukod sa tagalan ang validity period...marami din namna kasing mga OFW na ayun sa kanilang rotation umuuwi every 28, 35, 42 at 63 days at mayroon ding every 3, 4, 6 months kaya kung di madadagdagan within the span of 2-3 years ubos na ang pages ng passport. Idagdag pa diyan yung visa renewal including yung residence permit ng bansang kinalalagyan, kulang yung 44 pages.

Ok n ayung proce pero habaan lang yung validity period at additional pages swak na swak yan. Pero at present condition na 44 pages *5 yrs validity mahal nga kahit na sabihn pa na E-passport or MRP na yan given yung economic conditon natin.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
DFA Passport Renewal - Rush job.