New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    i have a feeling that you're hugging the center island too much before turning in. you should try to go near the right edge of your lane when you turn, it should reduce the chance of you hitting the other car. when you're too near the center island you usually have to turn in a bit late so the feeling is that the outer lane is turning in to you because you're still going straight while they're already turning in.
    Not really, it's impossible to do that nowadays as you have leave space for the motorcycles in order for them to avoid hitting you. I was ok with letting the guy in the Cefiro go ahead but he was driving erratically as he was in the outer lane but he was swerving into my lane. I saw later than the driver was a senior citizen.
    Should have honked my horn earlier. Just spend P1,500.00 on fixing the damage.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    yung uturn sa commonwelth tapat ng shell papasok ng ayaland technohub. hinabaan na ng mmda yung barrier paglabas mo ng uturn. para kung pupunta ka ng technohub eh talagang patusok ka na, halos 80 degrees against flow ang kotse mo para lang makapasok ng technohub. kaso may mga BOBO, oo inuulit ko, mga BOBO na pinipilit pa rin pumasok sa gate ng technohub. dalas kong makarinig ng screech dyan sa gate na yan dahil mabilis ang takbo ng commonwealth ave. tapos may mga super swerving na sasakyan.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Yup, I was one of those who had to brake heavily as one taxi was doing that foolish U-turn maneuver. Worse, it was night time They should be using the next U-turn under the flyover.....

9909:gotcha:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I almost got my left fender scraped off yesterday when a black Toyota Vios 1.5G tried to swerve its way back to my lane after doing a counterflow at Pinatubo street (Manadaluyong) going to EDSA. I honked my horn hard and loud which caused him to stop. However, as I was about to move forward, he tried to force his way again (I was slightly ahead of him) and was an inch or two from hitting me. It was a good thing I maintained some space on my right so I was able to maneuver away from him and thankfully, a line of tricycles on his front-left caused him to pause, allowing me to get further separation.

When I glanced back, I noticed he had a PNP CSG plate on top of his car plate (Z-something). Though his windows had dark tints, I could discern that the driver was a curly-haired young lad... maybe just early twenties. The first thing that entered my mind was "Dang! Just because he got a PNP-CSG plate, he now turns into a road bully."

Oh well... I guess no matter how careful you are, you just can't trust the idiots out there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Damages caused by other cars swerving