New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    This only applies to US or abroad. Not sure if meron ng ganitong devices that reads the data from the card's magnetic media. If it does, it's very alarming. Be vigilant.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Puroy: CC Fraud here using such techniques are really high. If it can be done in big markets, it's even easier to scam in developing markets with lesser securities.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Puroy: CC Fraud here using such techniques are really high. If it can be done in big markets, it's even easier to scam in developing markets with lesser securities.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yes CC fraud is easier and more rampant in developing countries...

Mas nauna natututo ng US and other advanced countries ang mga style ng CC fraud coz dun muna nag-ooperate mga scammer.

The advanced countries cope with the styles of scammers earlier than we do and they develop safeguards earlier.

Pag hindi na maaply ng mga scammers sa US, dito na-aaply sa developing countries.

late yata tayo ng 5 years sa security infrastructure.

so para sa mga scammer, walk in the park ang developing countries.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Dem, perps aren't even satisfied with shooting victims in the head anymore??

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Some cards also have your image on them, to verify and compare your photograph with your driver's license for added verification. Whenever I use my card I always double check the image, as well as the information on it, just to make sure it's mine.
    i have an equitable credit card with my photo on it. now along comes BDO and buys up equitable lock, stock and barrel.

several billing periods ago, BDO cards sent me notice that they don't have any photo feature on the credit card that they will be issuing me this year. great!

positively jurassic, BDO!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yung scenario #1 ay napa BS naman ang rason ng credit card company. hindi mo kailangan ireport na ninakaw yung card mo para may right kang mag complain ng fraud. tawagan lang nya yung fraud department at mag pa investigate. nangyari na sa akin yan. $15k ang bill. wala akong binayaran ni isang kusing (tatlong bwan akong nakipagbalikan sa credit card company). kontakin lang nya yung fraud department at magreklamo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Caution: New Credit Card Scams