New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    just helping out. from another forum.

My car (see pictures below) was stolen last Oct. 31, I never thought that carnappers also target old cars (akala ko mga mamahalin lang). We parked the car somewhere outside our condo in QC around 11:30pm on Oct. 30 and found out in the afternoon the next day that it was gone (nawala ng parang bula). Of course, I was shocked and went to the police station to report it immediately. What was weird was that I had a dream sometime a week before that I lost my car, I don’t know the exact details of my dream but I know that I woke up that day with a heavy heart.

The shock is now gone and I want to make this experience a positive one not only for me but for others and let me start by giving some tips for car owners:

1. Never leave your valuables (laptop, cellphone, camera, etc.) in plain view (This will certainly attract car thieves)
    2. Always check all your door locks, even if it is in auto-lock (I always do this)
    3. Always check if all your windows are rolled up (I always do this)
    4. Install an alarm system (Sadly, mine was busted)
    5. Buy a steering wheel lock (I had one but haven’t used it for sometime, I just lock the steering wheel every time)
    6. Insure your car (Comprehensive insurance so you can claim if your car was stolen)
    7. Park your car in a garage, if possible (We don’t have a parking slot in our condo, we park our car on a common area outside the building)
    8. Always park in busy, well-lighted areas, whenever possible (Of course at night we have no control over this)
    9. Don’t leave your OR/CR in your car (I left the original OR in the car and it’s a hassle getting a new copy in LTO)
    10. If your car is stolen, report it to the police immediately (So that if your car was used for kidnapping, robbery, etc. you will not be held liable)

There are so many things I am thankful for in my life (I am going to be a daddy soon!). I am glad that my pregnant wife was not much affected by this and was not stressed out like me. And of course I am grateful for the support we received from our family and friends.

I know that I may never see that car again, actually, my wife and I were talking about buying a new car before the car got stolen (kaya nagtampo yung car at umalis), we would have used it as a downpayment. But life must go on, (ang drama ba?)…I have always believed that everything happens for a reason and my mindset right now is that whoever stole my car, he/she needed it more than I do.

Lost:

Mitsubishi Lancer 1997 A/T
    Plate No. UNW 958
    Color: Blue green

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    pare ganda pa auto mo kaya ok pa yan sa mga chicks carnapers...

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    sayang yan. we'll be on a look out...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Sad To Know. Hope It Can Be Recovered.
    Will Be On Look Out At Street/road.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sayang. Maganda pa naman ng car.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    oist pare san ka banda sa QC.? mukhang uso yata carnappers ngayun sa QC ahh. meron d2 samen 2 magkasunod na araw. crosswind at honda civic. kanto lng ang pagitan.. san ka sa QC tol..?

wala bang tint kotse mo?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    any contacts of the owner?....might got chance upon the car...that was stressing indeed...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sorry to hear about that.... pero talagang wala na yan. nakahoy na yan.

yung concept na bago at mamahaling kotse lang ang kinakarnap, eh mali yun.
    one concrete proof is yung car ng officemate ko na 1996 Mitsu Lancer EL (itlog). take note.... EL na lang, napaginteresan pa.

na-carnap sa open parking (malapit sa outback steakhouse) sa alabang town center, 6 months ago.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    yep. bukod nga yata sa chop-chop parts eh maari din magamit as getaway vehicle sa binabalak na krimen.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    [QUOTE=happy_gilmore;684271]yung concept na bago at mamahaling kotse lang ang kinakarnap, eh mali yun.
    one concrete proof is yung car ng officemate ko na 1996 Mitsu Lancer EL (itlog). take note.... EL na lang, napaginteresan pa.
    QUOTE]

Siguro po eh mas kabisado nilang kalikutin ang mga lumang sasakyan kaya yun ang tina-target nila. Doble ingat na lang po tayo. Kakatakot!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Carnapped: [UNW 958] Blue Green 97 Lancer